Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Bengals say willing to trade Higgins for right offer,
News sources say New England at the top of the list offering a 2nd round pick in this years draft, plus probably more.

Google up Higgins and you see many news sources over the last 24 hours of March 24th say Bengals are willing to trade and looking for the best offer.

So do not be surprised if Higgins is gone before Bengals draft. Yes, Bengals could drag this out. I like the idea of trading him for draft picks and moving on without him. Higgins wants traded, so trade him and get some draft picks.

Money wise, Bengals need to resign Chase long term in 2024. So paying Higgins in 2024 all this high price franchise tag money doesn't help. Bengals could get players early in draft at much lower pay than Higgins. Trading Higgins and somehow getting Harrison in the draft would be perfect, but unlikely. Bengals are saying they are looking at trading him as he wants, if a team makes the right offer. There is talent besides Marvin Harrison Jr to bring in for Burrow to throw to. Would love to get Harrison pick somehow in a Higgins trade, but unlikely.

GO BENGALS

Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I love Tee Higgins. Teams would have to blow me away with an offer. Not saying I wouldn't listen, just that they'd have to blow me away. Ain't no one getting Tee Higgins for pennies on the dollar.

And if he stays, he'll probably score the Super Bowl-winning touchdown next February in New Orleans.

Win win
Reply/Quote
Im all in favor of an auction for draft picks but I want first round in return.
Tee is a nbr 1 WR, he’s young, tall and fast and will immediately make a difference for the offense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't think you can get a 1st rounder.... there is too many talented WR coming out of college that make an impact right away.

Player for Player swap would be ideal like say Brian Burns for Tee
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Good. This would be as fine a draft as any to do it.

Get busy livin'.... or get busy dyin', right? Bengals need to decide on what life w out Tee will be long term. Best time to do so would be now.

BTW, I am excited to think about Bengals replacing Tee's production in the aggregate - like in money ball. TE's hysterically are much less than WRs. If the Bengals can grab one that is an elite player at the TE position, he would produce the same offensive output at $10-15 million/year less money than Tee is likely looking for. That's just how thebTE position is paid vs the WR position. Big difference.
Reply/Quote
I would think a 2nd and a 4th would get it done.
Reply/Quote
It’s fine if they move on.

This is a good draft for receivers. I feel like they have quality young guys behind Chase but adding a potential star this year is just as good.

Could also fill another position of need as well with the high pick.

If I’m the Bengals, I’m starting with a 2 and hopefully extra. Anything that’s a 1 from this year early middle and earlier wins the race.
Reply/Quote
If the trade happens I sure hope Burrow doesn't get Chase tunnel vision due to not trusting the other WRs. I prefer we let him play on the tag this year if he won't sign long term. Losing a known commodity when we're still saying we have SB aspirations seems counter productive to me.
Reply/Quote
If they trade him it better be for a hell of a lot more than KC got For Sneed. Otherwise, another year of Higgins is far more valuable than a 3rd rounder and some toaster leavins.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2024, 09:03 PM)M.W. Wrote: I would think a 2nd and a 4th would get it done.

Agreed. Though value-wise a 2nd from New England is worth a 2nd and a 4th from a mid-round team anyways. 

I'd probably take a 2nd. It is what Tee wants and I am hoping this year has a lot of the ground game. If Burrow just hands the ball off 40 times a game and we can win a Super Bowl that way, why not? Give him more time to heal.  OK it probably won't be quite to that extent what I'm saying is we can make it work without Tee, especially with a high 2nd round pick added to our draft. You know somewhere in our mess of picks we will be adding more skill players at WR, TE, or RB anyways. 

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2024, 09:38 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Agreed. Though value-wise a 2nd from New England is worth a 2nd and a 4th from a mid-round team anyways. 

I'd probably take a 2nd. It is what Tee wants and I am hoping this year has a lot of the ground game. If Burrow just hands the ball off 40 times a game and we can win a Super Bowl that way, why not? Give him more time to heal.  OK it probably won't be quite to that extent what I'm saying is we can make it work without Tee, especially with a high 2nd round pick added to our draft. You know somewhere in our mess of picks we will be adding more skill players at WR, TE, or RB anyways. 

We'd have a real shot at Pearsall or McConkey with the NE 2nd rounder.  Or perhaps even BrianThomas Jr with the 18th.  Whatever they did, they'd get 21 mil plus in cap and a ton of young talent with 5 picks on the first 3 days.  
Reply/Quote
I hope someone shits or gets off the pot soon. So tired of hearing about it....
Reply/Quote
I’ve said this before- the number of 1st round draft pics that actually work out is less than 50%. After the first round, about 25 to 30% workout. Trading a known for an unknown doesn’t always equate to production. Take John Ross the fourth pick of the draft that was an absolute bust. there’s lots of examples just like this one. Higgins is a big number but he’s a known. Quit acting like he’s so simple to just replace with somebody in the draft because that is not the case at all. Aside, wr isn’t a high need with him on our roster.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2024, 09:19 PM)samhain Wrote: If they trade him it better be for a hell of a lot more than KC got For Sneed. Otherwise, another year of Higgins is far more valuable than a 3rd rounder and some toaster leavins.

It was basically the same as the comp pick, just higher in the 3rd.

Honestly, if the bengals trade him now they missed out on an opportunity.

Keenan Allen for peanuts and similar salary would have meant production in 2024 plus the higher pick.

Mike Williams as a semi replacement.

Marquise brown.

Meaning they could have gotten a wr2 and the pick… with the cap space they have and the what will be off the books with tee leaving.

You would almost have/want to sign back Boyd or get OBJ (Odell) in that case.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2024, 10:55 PM)Shouldamapads Wrote: I’ve said this before- the number of 1st round draft pics that actually work out is less than 50%. After the first round, about 25 to 30% workout. Trading a known for an unknown doesn’t always equate to production. Take John Ross the fourth pick of the draft that was an absolute bust. there’s lots of examples just like this one. Higgins is a big number but he’s a known. Quit acting like he’s so simple to just replace with somebody in the draft because that is not the case at all. Aside, wr isn’t a high need with him on our roster.

By that same logic it’s always better to have more darts to throw at the board.

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2024, 09:03 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: It’s fine if they move on.

This is a good draft for receivers. I feel like they have quality young guys behind Chase but adding a potential star this year is just as good.

Could also fill another position of need as well with the high pick.

If I’m the Bengals, I’m starting with a 2 and hopefully extra. Anything that’s a 1 from this year early middle and earlier wins the race.

Nothing the bengals have behind Chase screams quality. They might have potential, but they are very much unknown.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2024, 08:25 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I don't think you can get a 1st rounder.... there is too many talented WR coming out of college that make an impact right away.

Player for Player swap would be ideal like say Brian Burns for Tee

I was thinking a 2 in 2024 and either a 4 pick in 2025
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2024, 11:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: By that same logic it’s always better to have another dart to throw at the board.

Giving up a top 20 player at his position (when you have 64 staring receivers in the league) for a dart throw seems like a big gamble, especially when you are in a win now situation.

It might work out, it might not.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2024, 11:06 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I was thinking a 2 in 2024 and either a 4 pick in 2025

Maybe a 2 in 2024 and a 4th that can move up to another 2 based on production.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2024, 11:08 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Giving up a top 20 player at his position (when you have 64 staring receivers in the league) for a dart throw seems like a big gamble, especially when you are in a win now situation.

It might work out, it might not.

The same can be said for keeping him on the tag. The only way it’s really worth it to let him walk for nothing is to win it all. Does he give you a better chance at doing that? Sure. But it if you don’t it really sucks to lose him for nothing.

Reply/Quote