Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bengals shopping John Ross
Bengals looking to move a bad pick? Outstanding, let's get it done!

To all that think he's worth a 4th round pick or less? Not sure about that, as a 1st round pick, the team that gets him still has 3 years of control on his rookie deal. To may way of thinking, whomever makes a deal for him will see him as miscast/misused, that makes him worth at least a 3rd round pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2019, 07:34 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: It is especially considering that Taylors system would seem to favor a guy like Ross. Looking at Cooks success in LA, Crowder success in Washington, and  Gabriel success in the same system with Kyle shanahan in Cleveland and Atlanta.

Maybe he's just such a dbag that nobody wants him around, though you would think there would some per reports on it, considering every time somebody farts, it's per reported.

Hey, let's tell ESPN every little move we make or thought we have.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
The best we would get would probably be a 5th rounder.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2019, 07:44 PM)Older Than You Too Wrote: The best we would get would probably be a 5th rounder.

We are gonna own Day Three.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(02-26-2019, 07:31 PM)McC Wrote: You see his Washington tape and how they used him with great success and then you see the Bengals use him in exactly none of those ways and I can't help but wonder, what the hell did they expect?

It might not be that simple if ZT won't even try to "use Ross correctly" though.
Reply/Quote
Zac and Not Bill Callahan spent the last couple weeks coming in early to review tape according to Paul Dehner. If both of them along with Bob Bicknell and Duke decided to see what value they could get for the John Ross pick I have to defer to their judgement.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I just hope we don't end up with a sixth 6th rounder. Would hope they trade Ross and one or two 6th rounders to get into the 2nd or 3rd round. Could use a starter more than a bunch of late round special teams picks.
Reply/Quote
there seems to be some interest in the guy. I always felt that Ross was a victim of the situation and a coach who never let him develop. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he ends up on a team with some decent results. If you package together a couple 6th round comps and ross for say a 3rd I would take that any day in this draft. 2nd and 3rd round are deep in this draft. I would also put Burfict, Kirkpatrick, and maybe even green on the market. If you could get a 1st and 2nd for AJ green that would gain you some value before the contract is up. Green is getting paid 15 this year and will be turning 31 is it really worth getting nothing and having him on the roster 1 more year?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2019, 06:18 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Yeah not drafting Mahomes hurts but would he be successful here? Bad offensive line, Injury riddled TE, no speed at WR outside of Green.  

I feel that is a weak argument to justify the pick. Obviously, Mahomes wouldn't have had an MVP season here considering the circumstances and not having Andy Reid to coach him but if you still bring in Zac Taylor and feel that he can turn things around, you now have your foundation at QB and coach set. It could be just like McVay and Goff turning it around in one year. Now, the Bengals will still need to draft Dalton's replacement eventually and now you're basically admitting that your top 10 pick was a waste when you could've had Mahomes or Watson at QB, or drafted Lattimore or Humphrey so you didn't have to overpay Kirkpatrick. Even OJ Howard and that tackle who went to Denver is pretty good too. I know hindsight is 20/20 and I was excited about the Ross pick but the red flags were there from the beginning.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2019, 07:59 PM)Okeana Wrote: there seems to be some interest in the guy.  I always felt that Ross was a victim of the situation and a coach who never let him develop.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if he ends up on a team with some decent results.  If you package together a couple 6th round comps and ross for say a 3rd I would take that any day in this draft.  2nd and 3rd round are deep in this draft.  I would also put Burfict, Kirkpatrick, and maybe even green on the market.  If you could get a 1st and 2nd for AJ green that would gain you some value before the contract is up.  Green is getting paid 15 this year and will be turning 31 is it really worth getting nothing and having him on the roster 1 more year?

If they trade AJ, it means sucking for at least a few years, Cleveland Browns mode.  We will have no offense.  Don't know about you, but I don't have the stomach for three or four more years of sucking.

If you trade AJ, may as well blow it all up and then I can give up the NFL once and for all.

Reply/Quote
(02-26-2019, 08:24 PM)McC Wrote: If they trade AJ, it means sucking for at least a few years, Cleveland Browns mode.  We will have no offense.  Don't know about you, but I don't have the stomach for three or four more years of sucking.

If you trade AJ, may as well blow it all up and then I can give up the NFL once and for all.

Uh no 31 year old on last year

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2019, 08:28 PM)Okeana Wrote: Uh no 31 year old on last year

Every DC in the league still game plans for him.  Hope you would enjoy an offense like we saw after he went down, only seeing it for sixteen weeks a year.  Welcome to sucking.  Personally, wishing to get worse does not strike me as smart.  Call me crazy.

Reply/Quote
The Rams’ offense requires wide receivers who can block. That’s not John Ross.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2019, 08:32 PM)McC Wrote: Every DC in the league still game plans for him.  Hope you would enjoy an offense like we saw after he went down, only seeing it for sixteen weeks a year.  Welcome to sucking.  Personally, wishing to get worse does not strike me as smart.  Call me crazy.

They’re not going to trade AJ. It’s not even worth talking about. Let the keyboard GM’s have their fun.

Reply/Quote
I think our best chance is the find a WR needy team looking to unload a "bust" of their own. Forrest Lamp was a healthy scratch for LAC most of last year
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-26-2019, 04:49 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: What a colossal failure of a pick.

Even Houzh couldn't help him (Ross) much, now imagine Houzh and Boyd working together this time around. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2019, 08:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think our best chance is the find a WR needy team looking to unload a "bust" of their own. Forrest Lamp was a healthy scratch for LAC most of last year

The Bears have failed top 10 WR pick, Kevin White...that would be a symmetrical trade.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2019, 06:57 PM)Okeana Wrote: don't be surprised when he ends up with the Patriots

at this pace, we could have an entire offense going to the superbowl via the patriots over the years Tongue
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2019, 09:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The Bears have failed top 10 WR pick, Kevin White...that would be a symmetrical trade.

Kevin white has broken nearly every bone in his body and yet has the same yardage numbers as ross...  also, i dont think the besrs picked up his option.
Reply/Quote
I hate this franchise so much.

There's no way a 5th rounder is going to have more impact than JR. I love Andy but he's hit Ross once in stride, and that was in pre-season against the Bills.

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote