Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bengals shopping John Ross
(02-26-2019, 05:12 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Let's hope this is the start of good things to come. This team has held onto way, way to many marginal players for way to long.

Whether Ross goes or not it may signal the start of a purge of those marginal players that's long overdue ? 

I hope it does. I’ve had more than my fill of hanging onto guys who don’t cut it simply because they are already here.
Reply/Quote
New staff doesn't want him. Marvin didn't sing his graces and Marvin kept plenty of people that shouldn't have been here. So we get a lousy pick for him now; what do you suggest? Keep him another year, taking up another roster spot? Sucks for another year then he is worth nothing to anyone?

Feel bad for all the Ross defenders that would put it on Dalton, Marvin and/or Lazor for his shortcomings.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 12:06 AM)Destro Wrote: New staff doesn't want him. Marvin didn't sing his graces and Marvin kept plenty of people that shouldn't have been here. So we get a lousy pick for him now; what do you suggest? Keep him another year, taking up another roster spot? Sucks for another year then he is worth nothing to anyone?

Feel bad for all the Ross defenders that would put it on Dalton, Marvin and/or Lazor for his shortcomings.

What WR is he taking a roster spot away from?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-26-2019, 11:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How about coaching him up and using him the right way instead of worrying about how someone else used him?

Sorry just had Marvin flash back. Chock them up. Something he said after every loss.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 12:08 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What WR is he taking a roster spot away from?

No decent WR's in FA, at least four glaring needs that have to be addressed before we can even think about drafting a receiver and only Erickson behind AJ and Boyd.  Can't wait to see how this turns out.

Guess I'll start following Ian Rapoport to find out what the boy genius is gonna do before he does it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 12:11 AM)chopperbobby Wrote: Sorry just had Marvin flash back. Chock them up. Something he said after every loss.

Funny, all I remember is a lot of “do your job” and “we have to be better.”

Did Marvin ever once in 16 years blame the coaching?

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 12:00 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What does his college play have to with it? He was actually good in college. That’s why we drafted him so high.

The problems started here.

Nah, we drafted him for high because of 4.22 seconds of film. Lots of WRs were actually good in college.

But I do hope that some GM some where has the same outlook you do. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Can't wait until Ian Rapoport starts announcing our draft picks before we make them.

Hey, if they plan on holding an auction at the Combine, I have a couch I'm wanting to sell.

Didn't shopping a player used to mean calling other GM's and having private conversations? Does any other team do their business in the press?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 12:27 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Nah, we drafted him for high because of 4.22 seconds of film. Lots of WRs were actually good in college.

But I do hope that some GM some where has the same outlook you do. 

I’m sure the 19 TD’s his senior year had absolutely nothing to do with it...

And now that he’s actually starting to do in the NFL what he did in college (score TD’s) we are going to trade him for peanuts?

I mean, if you can get something for him sure, but a late rd pick? Just doesn’t seem worth it to me.

Reply/Quote
(02-26-2019, 04:09 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I disagree. You'd get a 4th rounder at best for this guy right now, and that's a pathetic ROI.

We have this brand new offensive-minded HC in place and an entirely new set of assistants.

I see no good reason not to try him out with this new staff instead of dumping him off for pennies on the dollar.

I can think of 4,667,953 reasons for 2019 and 5,445,956 reasons for 2020 to trade Ross.

That money will go onto our salary cap and help the team in free agency, assuming Mike Brown approves actual real participation in free agency.

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 12:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m sure the 19 TD’s his senior year had absolutely nothing to do with it...

And now that he’s actually starting to do in the NFL what he did in college (score TD’s) we are going to trade him for peanuts?

I mean, if you can get something for him sure, but a late rd pick? Just doesn’t seem worth it to me.

The person I always compare JR to is Corey Coleman, Any idea how many TDs he scored his last year in college?

Now compare their first 2 years in the NFL and how one was cut and the other has been offered up for trade.

But like I said: I hope there's a GM out there somewhere with the same view you have. 

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 12:06 AM)Destro Wrote: New staff doesn't want him. Marvin didn't sing his graces and Marvin kept plenty of people that shouldn't have been here. So we get a lousy pick for him now; what do you suggest? Keep him another year, taking up another roster spot? Sucks for another year then he is worth nothing to anyone?

He isn't worth anything now at most you get a 6th Rd pick for him more like a conditional 7th.  Give him until preseason to at least prove himself in this system.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 12:42 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The person I always compare JR to is Corey Coleman, Any idea how many TDs he scored his last year in college?

Now compare their first 2 years in the NFL and how one was cut and the other has been offered up for trade.

But like I said: I hope there's a GM out there somewhere with the same view you have. 

Even if that turns out to be the case, all the GM would have to do is wait until the Bengals cut him, which the Bengals, or rather Ian Rapoport, has declared to the world is what they will end up doing.

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 12:42 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The person I always compare JR to is Corey Coleman, Any idea how many TDs he scored his last year in college?

If I was GM I would not give up a high pick for him. Which is why he’s worth more to us on the field than as trade bait.

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 12:46 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If I was GM I would not give up a high pick for him. Which is why he’s worth more to us on the field than as trade bait.

But there could be a GM out there that thinks he could "coach him up".

Question to the crowd: Would you take John Ross or Michael Crabtree?

No explain your answer, 

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 12:41 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I can think of 4,667,953 reasons for 2019 and 5,445,956 reasons for 2020 to trade Ross.

That money will go onto our salary cap and help the team in free agency, assuming Mike Brown approves actual real participation in free agency.

If the Bengals trade Ross they will have a dead cap hit of 5.2 million.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 12:49 AM)bfine32 Wrote: But there could be a GM out there that thinks he could "coach him up".

No explain your answer, 

Why do you keep putting coach him up in quotes? Is coaching not a thing in the NFL. Particularly for young players?

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 12:49 AM)bfine32 Wrote: But there could be a GM out there that thinks he could "coach him up".

No explain your answer, 

Crabtree if it was three years ago.  What does it say if the Ratbirds, who basically have no receivers, are releasing him?

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 12:50 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why do you keep putting coach him up in quotes? Is coaching not a thing in the NFL. Particularly for young players?

Sure is. 

You didn't answer my question. 

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 12:08 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What WR is he taking a roster spot away from?

Antonio Brown when the Bengals bring him in. Ninja
Reply/Quote