Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals sign Kerry Wynn
Giants fans on Twitter seemed to be happy they lost Riley and upset that they lost Wynn. It said he had a high motor which is what you want out of a 3rd or 4th DE.
Reply/Quote
That is a Wynn for the Bengals.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
My brother is a Giants fan and said at times he looked like Michael Strahan and other times he disappeared for long stretches. Overall a good signing though.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 10:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Giants fans on Twitter seemed to be happy they lost Riley and upset that they lost Wynn. It said he had a high motor which is what you want out of a 3rd or 4th DE.

Probably a pre-season hero, ala Chris Carter.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 11:04 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Probably a pre-season hero, ala Chris Carter.

4.5 sacks in 5 years. Never more than 1.5 in a season.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 11:04 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Probably a pre-season hero, ala Chris Carter.

(03-22-2019, 11:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: 4.5 sacks in 5 years. Never more than 1.5 in a season.

Chris Carter never had a sack in his career as a WR....

If you mean Chris Smith his best year had 3 sacks and he was used as an interior pass rusher in Cincinnati on limited snaps. 

Wynn is a depth signing because they weren't happy with the depth at DE. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 11:54 PM)Synric Wrote: Chris Carter never had a sack in his career as a WR....

If you mean Chris Smith his best year had 3 sacks and he was used as an interior pass rusher in Cincinnati on limited snaps. 

There was a Chris Carter here before Chris Smith. Not the receiver lol
Reply/Quote
Damn 5 years n 4.5 sacks and Bengals fans say he provides solid d line depth , WTF. My god what am I missing here. Are we just content with any signings. I just can’t get excited over someone who provides 1 sack a season.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 11:58 PM)Dean_Gilberry95 Wrote: There was a Chris Carter here before Chris Smith.  Not the receiver lol

I know but Chris Carter was a safety lol. The WR joke was funnier lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 11:54 PM)Synric Wrote: Chris Carter never had a sack in his career as a WR....

(03-23-2019, 12:03 AM)Synric Wrote: I know but Chris Carter was a safety lol. The WR joke was funnier lol.

I'm talking about Chris Carter, the DE we picked up from the Steelers.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CartCh00.htm

That guy. He got hyped pretty good in the preseason. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2019, 12:01 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Damn 5 years n 4.5 sacks and Bengals fans say he provides solid d line depth , WTF.   My god what am I missing here. Are we just content with any signings.   I just can’t get excited over someone who provides 1 sack a season.

He's a solid special teamer, but I can't get into the ol' "pimp the scrub we signed, cuz we ain't getting anything better" game. 

It was a solid signing for our special teams and he's an extra body on the line. Praising this any further than that is probably pushing it. 
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2019, 12:27 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm talking about Chris Carter, the DE we picked up from the Steelers.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CartCh00.htm

That guy. He got hyped pretty good in the preseason. 

I remember now the rush linebacker they didnt use and waived halfway through the season.

The Bengals have been hunting defensive end depth for the entire offseason. They found a guy they like and signed him I really dont see the issue here...

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 05:59 PM)Trademark Wrote: Who ?

My thoughts exactly!

There's not a dumpster too deep for Mike Brown to search for a player out of work.

Reply/Quote
Start planning the parade!

Reply/Quote
You guys going to be eating a lot of crow when Kerry gets 10 sacks this year. Tongue
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2019, 07:05 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: You guys going to be eating a lot of crow when Kerry gets 10 sacks this year. Tongue

White Castle?

[Image: th?id=OIP.zssuAe_aHLlRZ60HErJdGwHaD4&pid...=311&h=164]

I always wanted to know what kind of meat that was.

Mmmmm mmmm  tasty steamed crowburgers!

[Image: th?id=OIP.zr907N6WH1i4-wguazAIXgHaFj&pid...=200&h=150]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2019, 07:05 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: You guys going to be eating a lot of crow when Kerry gets 10 sacks this year. Tongue

This...

And we have the most passionate RT in the league.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2019, 01:05 AM)Synric Wrote: I remember now the rush linebacker they didnt use and waived halfway through the season.

The Bengals have been hunting defensive end depth for the entire offseason. They found a guy they like and signed him I really dont see the issue here...

Who has the issue? I haven't hated on the Bengals for signing him. I'm just seeing the signing for what it is. 

He'll add to special teams, he's "ok" depth. Nothing to get excited about with this signing, but no issue from me. 

Btw, you don't remember the Chris Carter pre-season hype? I do. Here's an article from back then:

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/9/4/9261899/linebacker-chris-carter-from-nfl-journeyman-to-bengals-roster-lock

Hobson had a hype article about him as well, but it looks like it's been deleted.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2019, 01:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Who has the issue? I haven't hated on the Bengals for signing him. I'm just seeing the signing for what it is. 

He'll add to special teams, he's "ok" depth. Nothing to get excited about with this signing, but no issue from me. 

Btw, you don't remember the Chris Carter pre-season hype? I do. Here's an article from back then:

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/9/4/9261899/linebacker-chris-carter-from-nfl-journeyman-to-bengals-roster-lock

Hobson had a hype article about him as well, but it looks like it's been deleted.

I had forgotten about him... That seems like 100 years ago.... We were on our way to having a nasty LB core... Carter, Burfict, Dawson.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2019, 01:48 PM)jason Wrote: I had forgotten about him... That seems like 100 years ago.... We were on our way to having a nasty LB core... Carter, Burfict, Dawson.

Yeah, that was back when we were losing playoff games. Now we're just losing.

Carter actually played with his hand on the ground in a hybrid role. He has success all off-season, then disappeared.
Reply/Quote