Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals sign Kerry Wynn
(03-25-2019, 10:14 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We all said that about Bobby Hart last year.

I really think the plan is for Wynn to be a part of the rotation. What I don't get is we have Lawson coming back. Dunlap. Willis. Hubbard. That's 4 pretty solid DE's. I guess Wynn is here for injury depth?

I genuinely don't think he was signed to play a significant role as a DE, and I wasn't one of those that thought Bobby Hart was training camp fodder. I actually said early on that Hart would probably start. Wynn was 2nd on the Giants with 8 special teams tackles. We will definitely see him on teams this year, and I'd say he'll be depth as a DE. Probably 100-300 snaps would be my guess, barring injury. 

Btw...this is what I said the day after we signed Hart:

Quote:Marvin saying "The offensive line is a focus area for us and this is one of various steps we are taking to improve our performance." implies that Hart will have a role. One does not "improve performance" by sitting on the bench. Hobspin suggesting that this proves the Bengals are serious about fixing the line also makes it seem like Hart will have a serious shot at starting, at the very least. Sure, we might sign someone good in FA (color me pessimistic on that, based on our past), but that doesn't mean people can't be less than thrilled at the prospect of this guy starting.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Bengals-Sign-OT-G-Bobby-Hart?page=4&highlight=bobby+hart
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2019, 07:05 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: You guys going to be eating a lot of crow when Kerry gets 10 sacks this year. Tongue

I meant to say Tackles*
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 07:24 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Good signing.

He won't be starting, so this is great and he'll fill in the MJ/Dingleberry role, but is probably a better run defender than those 2 guys.

Lol
Reply/Quote