Anyone familiar with this player?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He’s a marginal upgrade to Miller at a decent price. Not doing back flips for it but seems like more of a scheme move over a straight talent improvement.
Reply/Quote
2nd round pick of the Texans in 2014. He started 41 games for them, then signed with Dallas, where he started 12 games over the last 2 years.

He's played mostly at left Guard.

Anyone have his PFF grades?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
He's coming off IR after breaking his leg  Cowboy fans are saying positive things about him.  When he played in 2018, he supposedly stabilized the line which allowed Zeke to take off

Career left guard.  Jordan moves to right side?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I remember the name. He was a 2nd round pick in 2014. It looks like his career has been one of bouncing between starting and backup guard on the teams he's been on.

It seems like good competition for a starting guard spot and comes at a pretty cheap price.
Reply/Quote
Not against this, though I too feel it is more of a lateral move.

Still, it help saved costs and he's NOT a BAD OG.

Finally a Samoan on the OL! Big Grin
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Not sure I understand it. A 2.5 year older, less durable John Miller who is coming off a fractured fibula?

I wasn't a big John Miller fan, but this doesn't seem an improvement.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 05:26 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not sure I understand it. A 2.5 year older, less durable John Miller who is coming off a fractured fibula?

I wasn't a big John Miller fan, but this doesn't seem an improvement.

Miller came from a power running scheme, Xavier has come up in a outside zone blocking scheme at both stops. This tells me Miller just wasn’t a fit in how they wanted to block the run.
Reply/Quote
Well, I think he has positional flexibility in that he can play guard or center.

My first thought was maybe this enables a Billy Price trade (BP has never been a good center for us).
Reply/Quote
I don't know anything about this guy, but will trust what Tobin/Zac are doing in the "draft Burrow" year.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 05:34 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Fills the typical Bengals "at least 2" Samoans on the roster....lol
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 05:24 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Not against this, though I too feel it is more of a lateral move.

Still, it help saved costs and he's NOT a BAD OG.

Finally a Samoan on the OL! Big Grin

Agree. Seems like same player.
Reply/Quote
I can't verify but I believe this guy was picking the second round number 33. Some cowboy fans are saying that when he stepped in for Connor Williams Elliott looked better.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Ezekiel Elliot (2018):

With Connor Williams at LG (eight games): 149 carries, 680 yards, 4.56 YPC, 3 touchdowns

With Xavier Su’a-Filo at LG (seven games): 155 carries, 754 yards, 4.86 YPC, 3 touchdowns

Interesting.
Reply/Quote
I am not a big fan of PFF ratings but here they are for 2019

Miller...…... 58.6 total.... 58.2 pass.... 55.3 run
Su'a-Filo.... 60.1 total.... 77.7 pass.... 48.6 run
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 05:22 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 2nd round pick of the Texans in 2014. He started 41 games for them, then signed with Dallas, where he started 12 games over the last 2 years.

He's played mostly at left Guard.

Anyone have his PFF  grades?

Apparently he's had 4 years with 250+ snaps pass blocking.

2015: 49.8
2016: 65.7
2017: 56.7
2018: 48.7

https://twitter.com/emcphil/status/1240377784683372545

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Definitely doesn't sound like a world beater/mauler. Kinda meh. Okay. We'll see. Def. hoping the young guards develop and they add another young guard into the mix in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 05:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So we are going to abandon the scheme that worked so well over the final 8 games and go back to the scheme from the first half of the season when we were on pace to be one of the worst rushing teams in NFL history?

Bang Head

Well if you get the right players, either scheme is effective.
Reply/Quote