Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals signing Dansby
(03-29-2016, 05:12 PM)jason Wrote: Where do they play him?  If it is at Sam....  We all know how that works out.

What do you mean? I think he starts at SAM and stays on the field in nickel. It would be nice having a starting trio of Burfict Maualuga and Dansby with Rey being the first off the bench to give any one of them a breather
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 06:08 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: What do you mean? I think he starts at SAM and stays on the field in nickel. It would be nice having a starting trio of Burfict Maualuga and Dansby with Rey being the first off the bench to give any one of them a breather

Dansby isnt that bad in coverage i forget the number of picks he has but its getting close to 20 (or at elast it was double digits)

Fills in the SAM backer spot if we have a nickle backer replace him is unknown at the moment.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 06:13 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Dansby isnt that bad in coverage i forget the number of picks he has but its getting close to 20 (or at elast it was double digits)

Fills in the SAM backer spot if we have a nickle backer replace him is unknown at the moment.

Dansby was the 5th best coverage LB in the NFL in 2015 is what I read.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Thanks Cleveland your tears are delicious.

Reply/Quote
Who Dey! Looks like FO thinks this could be our year and going for it.
Reply/Quote
This is a strong signing and provides a quality starter at LB who can actually cover while helping to open up the draft a little bit. I can't wait to see the numbers on the deal. I know Dansby turns 35 this year, but I'm hoping it's a 2-3 year deal. Maybe he could help teach the rest of the LBs something about coverage.
Reply/Quote
I don't know if I like this signing all that much. I know he played good last year with the Browns but that was last year and he's how old, 34? 35?

I hope he's a beast and he most likely will be a beast but I'm going to be cautious that way if he is a beast, I'll be pleasantly surprised.
Reply/Quote
I like it.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 04:43 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: So, you're happy with the signing of Dansby? Because after he was released and a thread was started about the Bengals possibly signing him, you said...

Mellow

I thought he had a bad year last year, i didn't know his numbers at the time. He actually played well last year, and despite his age he's still better than Lamur.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It's my understanding that he's still an excellent coverage LB but he's been falling off against the run.

Can we please draft a NT?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Good signing, he should have at least one good season left in him. He'll get a boost coming into a new environment. I like the experience of our lb's.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 03:03 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Hey, I wanted to let you know something.  Remember that thread awhile back, I think that was started after we resigned TJ Johnson, where people were joking around (my take) or squealing and whining (your take) and I replied to you and basically said that what you view you as whining other people might view as light-hearted humor?  Do you remember that at all? 

The reply basically went on to accuse you of whining more about whiners than the whiners whine themselves.  Or to point out the irony that the board's biggest whiner is the guy who always whines about whiners.  You know, I'll just see if it I can find it and link to make this is a little easier.  But the point is, I did my best to call you out for be annoying.

Guess what?  That was by far my most rep'd comment if the history of the boards.  Both boards.  Now, I didn't post on the old board 40k times, nor have I posted on this one 10k.  But I would say I'm one of the more active members.  And my rep to post count ratio is strong, son! 

Out of all the thousands of posts I've had, the many ones where "haters" such as myself should rally around, that was my most rep'd. And it's not even close.  And curiously, it wasn't just people of like minds either, there were a lot of people on the "homer" side who took the time to hook me up with fake internet points. (Thanks, fellas!)

Let that sink in for a second.  Am I saying or doing this to be a jerk?  Yeah, you bet.  You deserve it.  But I'm also doing it just to show how little people like much of what you do.

It's annoying.  It's adds little or nothing to the conversation.  And it's done at a rate which all but dwarfs others entire post counts.  Look at how much more you post than most.  Then consider how many of those posts are argumentative and are created only to further a debate or to gain a reaction. (A lot) With that high of a percentage, and with that high a post count, your petty, snarky and argumentative bs starts to dominate much of the conversation.

No one wants to read this shit all day everyday.  It clutters up the forums and no is laughing (except maybe B-Fine).  Now, you're more than welcome to reply and turn this back around on me.  I would be defensive to if I get called out like this.  But believe me when I tell you that there are a lot of people rolling their eyes and/or groaning at this superfan/super lawyer act.  It;s tired.

Someone saying would should have signed Dansby over Harrison should be obvious to most.  And pointing that fact out doesn't diminish the signing now.  It simply means he would have liked him here sooner.  What in the hell could anyone find wrong with such a simple statement?

[Image: ?ui=2&ik=b01f6a8d78&view=att&th=153c4b62...e22n9s0&zw]
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 04:43 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: So, you're happy with the signing of Dansby? Because after he was released and a thread was started about the Bengals possibly signing him, you said...

Mellow

All You have to do is read a post I made later that day (3-16) in the exact same thread.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Karlos-Dansby-Talking-Crazy-About-Signing-with-Bengals?page=2&highlight=dansby

post #36 in response to Ochocincos showing me Dansby's stats from 2015

"I stand corrected.

Dansby had a better season than I thought."
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 09:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: All You have to do is read a post I made later that day (3-16) in the exact same thread.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Karlos-Dansby-Talking-Crazy-About-Signing-with-Bengals?page=2&highlight=dansby

post #36 in response to Ochocincos showing me Dansby's stats from 2015

"I stand corrected.

Dansby had a better season than I thought."

If you had bothered to read down just a few more posts in this thread, that was already talked about. 
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 03:03 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Hey, I wanted to let you know something.  Remember that thread awhile back, I think that was started after we resigned TJ Johnson, where people were joking around (my take) or squealing and whining (your take) and I replied to you and basically said that what you view you as whining other people might view as light-hearted humor?  Do you remember that at all? 

The reply basically went on to accuse you of whining more about whiners than the whiners whine themselves.  Or to point out the irony that the board's biggest whiner is the guy who always whines about whiners.  You know, I'll just see if it I can find it and link to make this is a little easier.  But the point is, I did my best to call you out for be annoying.

Guess what?  That was by far my most rep'd comment if the history of the boards.  Both boards.  Now, I didn't post on the old board 40k times, nor have I posted on this one 10k.  But I would say I'm one of the more active members.  And my rep to post count ratio is strong, son! 

Out of all the thousands of posts I've had, the many ones where "haters" such as myself should rally around, that was my most rep'd. And it's not even close.  And curiously, it wasn't just people of like minds either, there were a lot of people on the "homer" side who took the time to hook me up with fake internet points. (Thanks, fellas!)

Let that sink in for a second.  Am I saying or doing this to be a jerk?  Yeah, you bet.  You deserve it.  But I'm also doing it just to show how little people like much of what you do.

It's annoying.  It's adds little or nothing to the conversation.  And it's done at a rate which all but dwarfs others entire post counts.  Look at how much more you post than most.  Then consider how many of those posts are argumentative and are created only to further a debate or to gain a reaction. (A lot) With that high of a percentage, and with that high a post count, your petty, snarky and argumentative bs starts to dominate much of the conversation.

No one wants to read this shit all day everyday.  It clutters up the forums and no is laughing (except maybe B-Fine).  Now, you're more than welcome to reply and turn this back around on me.  I would be defensive to if I get called out like this.  But believe me when I tell you that there are a lot of people rolling their eyes and/or groaning at this superfan/super lawyer act.  It;s tired.

Someone saying would should have signed Dansby over Harrison should be obvious to most.  And pointing that fact out doesn't diminish the signing now.  It simply means he would have liked him here sooner.  What in the hell could anyone find wrong with such a simple statement?

First of all, you obviously have not been around much the last few days.  Yellow has been so consistently negative about every move the Bengals have made (or not made) that I am suspecting him of troll activity.  Do a search on his recent posts to see what I mean.

Second, congratulations on breaking Brad's record for most word in an anti-Fred rant.  I am truly flattered.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 08:03 PM)Big Boss Wrote: It's my understanding that he's still an excellent coverage LB but he's been falling off against the run.

Can we please draft a NT?

I'll take Austin Johnson in the 2nd round. Please and thank you.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 03:54 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: He just became one of our two best LBs.

I kinda wish we'd make him our MLB and slide Maualuga back to SLB.

(03-29-2016, 05:07 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Sadly, I think that the members of the board are much much much more fair to Fred than he is to them.

Agreed. I don't hate Fred and I agree with him on a surprising amount of stuff actually. It's just a little silly when people get accused of bashing the team if they make a comment that even sniffs being critical. Lets be honest, most of us have been posting together for 5 years or more. We should all know each other better, Fred included. 

My own opinions vary from topic to topic. Some are positive and some lean negative, but at this point everyone here should be aware than I'm a giant Bengals fan. We all are. Wes/Toast Jones probably expresses more negative takes than I do, but I don't doubt for one second that he's a big-time Bengals fan. Guys like Fred and bfine rarely bring a negative take, but I don't see them as better or worse fans for that.

It just is what it is. We're all possibly the most passionate Bengals fans on the planet. We just have different views and takes on the team. 

Fwiw, when I see non-Bengals fans (on PFT for example) being critical of the team, I've noticed that I tend to get defensive of the team like Fred does on here. But when I'm on here, I'm more blunt with my opinions because after all...I'm among other Bengals fans. I guess what I'm saying is that maybe if we all just assumed that the people who post thousands of times in a "Bengals fans only" section are actually Bengals fans, maybe these boards would be a better place.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 09:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: First of all, you obviously have not been around much the last few days.  Yellow has been so consistently negative about every move the Bengals have made (or not made) that I am suspecting him of troll activity.  Do a search on his recent posts to see what I mean.

Second, congratulations on breaking Brad's record for most word in an anti-Fred rant.  I am truly flattered.

If only we had people here whose job it was to determine whether or not someone is actually trolling. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 05:12 PM)jason Wrote: Where do they play him?  If it is at Sam....  We all know how that works out.

Even if he is the starting SAM, he gives the Bengals a quality backup at MIKE for Rey M, should he be injured at any point.  Personally, I think the package I would like to see is Burfict and Dansby as the nickel backers.  
Reply/Quote
I come in here to celebrate a good quality signing.

I instead walk into a FredToast bitchfeast.
Reply/Quote