Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals signing Kevin Minter
Wikipedia already lists him as a Bengal, so it's official. (I know)

Stoked about this one and hope to see confirmation soon. One of you tweeters get on Minter's tweet site.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-18-2017, 06:59 PM)samhain Wrote: One of the better remaining free agents. Hopefully they cut Maualuga and make Minter the Mike.

I don't really want to see 3 prototypical Mike backers lining up as our starting group. That certainly doesn't make the defense much faster IMO.

I think this moves Kevin Minter to the middle and Rey Maualuga to the bench.....
(03-18-2017, 07:00 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Lapham is pretty good with our drafts, he stated he thinks we go DE but if our top guys are gone then we go WR.

I'm hoping we don't go after Mike Williams though. I'd take Barnett, Thomas, Davis, or Ross all over Williams.

Barnett or Davis should be the pick !
Good signing. A move in the right direction. Glad the day of the aging free agent lb look to be done.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(03-18-2017, 07:20 PM)Housh Wrote: These ***** sign one player under 30 who can play in the last 10 years and don't even get more than a year out of him!!!?? lol

This cant be real life lol

"Ok Housh calm down at least we signed SOMEBODY"

lol @ myself and this team

So many teams have signed these one year deals this year, seem to be the popular move right now. 

So yea calm down, or you know don't and just keep being a drama queen.
(03-18-2017, 07:28 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: So many teams have signed these one year deals this year, seem to be the popular move right now. 

So yea calm down, or you know don't and just keep being a drama queen.

A lot of the players are wanting these kinds of deals if they miss out on breaking the bank.  That way, they can try and get paid next year.
(03-18-2017, 07:32 PM)Housh Wrote: My bad for wanting young players who have already proven themselves in this league on the team for more than 1 year.

Wont do that again bro

Clearly Minter couldn't get what he wanted so he took a 1 year prove it deal, but once again sure, freak out over every little thing.
(03-18-2017, 07:33 PM)Whatever Wrote: A lot of the players are wanting these kinds of deals if they miss out on breaking the bank.  That way, they can try and get paid next year.

True, it is strange see 2 DT's sign for 8 to 10 million each in Poe and Logan. Others as well. I have no idea the reasoning. Is a new CBA coming soon?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
I did some film study on Kevin Minter and he's the real deal! There's a YouTube video you can search called "Kevin Minter, Run Stopper" which I highly recommend we all watch. Kevin has excellent instincts for where the play is going, he doesn't miss tackles, and he has extremely quick hands and feet. He's a banger, too, so when combined with the physical play from Vontaze Burfict, Kevin is going to be a game changer especially against the run. He'll immediately be the best blitzing linebacker on the Cincinnati roster, giving the Bengals a new threat to opposing quarterbacks along with impressive tackles for loss.
Kudos to the team for making what should be a good move.
(03-18-2017, 07:40 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I did some film study on Kevin Minter and he's the real deal! There's a YouTube video you can search called "Kevin Minter, Run Stopper" which I highly recommend we all watch.  Kevin has excellent instincts for where the play is going, he doesn't miss tackles, and he has extremely quick hands and feet.  He's a banger, too, so when combined with the physical play from Vontaze Burfict, Kevin is going to be a game changer especially against the run.  He'll immediately be the best blitzing linebacker on the Cincinnati roster, giving the Bengals a new threat to opposing quarterbacks along with impressive tackles for loss.

He could very well be the missing link for some of those 3-4 looks that Guenther likes to show.  All of the run stopping ability of a Ray Maualuga, with all of the agility of a Vincent Rey.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
For whatever it was worth... He was #44 on profootballtalks best 100 free agents and as of today the best unsigned FA.

I agree with others. He probably chose a 1 year contract to try and get yo FA again next year.
1 year, up to $4.5m?

That's what I saw from a tweet of Jim O.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

From profootball focus

5. Kevin Minter, Arizona Cardinals (81.0)
Another player with a track record of poor play prior to the 2016 season, Minter had an interesting season in which he had five excellent games paired with four really bad games. In the end, he came out with an above-average overall grade with his play in coverage being the best. If Minter is able to continue flashing those great games and reduce his number of poor games, a few of them marred by several missed tackles (missed 20 in 2016), the former LSU Tiger has potential to become a solid every down LB.
Am I the only one not excited about this move. It's out of the ordinary for the Bengals sure but why not get a LBer that can cover for a change. Reports say he struggled with TE's and RB's. Now our top 3 LBers will be FA's after this season. Again glad we are waking up in FA finally just not that impressed with this kid.
(03-18-2017, 07:40 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I did some film study on Kevin Minter and he's the real deal! There's a YouTube video you can search called "Kevin Minter, Run Stopper" which I highly recommend we all watch.  Kevin has excellent instincts for where the play is going, he doesn't miss tackles, and he has extremely quick hands and feet.  He's a banger, too, so when combined with the physical play from Vontaze Burfict, Kevin is going to be a game changer especially against the run.  He'll immediately be the best blitzing linebacker on the Cincinnati roster, giving the Bengals a new threat to opposing quarterbacks along with impressive tackles for loss.

Cool. Check THIS out
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Bengals.com now confirms the signing.

When Hobson says they need to make another move to make room for Minter, I hope it's releasing Maualuga.
(03-18-2017, 07:19 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I don't see anything reported on other sites, but if true we should cut Rey M

They should cut Maualuga regardless !

Anywho - finally some good news. Hope they pull another FA rabbit out of their hat.
It was likely a one year deal so after a breakout season we'll get a high comp pick for losing him in 2019. MB idea of savvy!

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22