Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals signing Kevin Minter
This is a decent signing off of a good defensive team. Nothing to complain about with this move. I don't think very many of us are ecstatic over this FA period thus far, but signing both Dre's & Minter shows that at least the FO is trying to address some concerns.
(03-18-2017, 09:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Comments from Cardinals fans on PFT:

Good to see other teams also have dumb fans. A 35 year old Dansby is not near as good as a 26 year old 4.7 guy progressing each year
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
(03-18-2017, 08:44 PM)Housh Wrote: Were talking about losing players in FA who were productive and replacing them with solid players but not getting ANY long term security at all

Ok its a good deal if you only give a shit about 1 year

I like that the LB core is automatically better for one year but name another positive?

Once again sorry if you feel like im supposed to be jumping out my pants right now for signing a solid player for 1 year. Im clearly excited but 1 year doesn't appease me at all.

That leaves us with NOTHING after a year. He plays good he gets more money elsewhere and leaves, he does bad and no one cares he leaves anyway.

Whose crying?

Wheres the irrational talk?

Sorry I prefer longterm security in deals bro
Sorry I don't share your opinion bro but don't come at me with that bull

(03-18-2017, 08:50 PM)Housh Wrote: I aint got shit good to say about the FO just to be honest

I mean my avatar is Russell Wilson for gods sake

Do ppl expect me to be drinking any kool aid at all?

Most of my positivity comes when talking about certain players and the times we give out solid extentions

We haven't won a playoff game in my whole life. Im sorry if im not singing the praises of the franchise at every turn.

I say as much positive stuff that the Bengals give me to say.

Someone tell me what the franchise has given me to praise so far this offseason?

Iv already said I like Dre being back and the signing of Minter

(03-18-2017, 09:01 PM)Housh Wrote: So WTF do you want me to say since im supposed to share your opinion?

1 year deal was crap imo but I like that hes on the team now. You aint getting nothing else outta me dude. Taking opinions out of it its a low risk low reward move.

(03-18-2017, 09:26 PM)Housh Wrote: We all go a little overboard sometimes but im not gonna sit here and take shit because of my stance. Especially when the situation I detailed is very possible knowing how cheaply we operate. Some bengals fans go worst case and some go best case in every situation. I went right in the middle. length of the contract isn't what I desired but I do think he'll play well and be a positive. Just because you didn't like part of my opinion doesn't mean you come on here on some high horse and call my opinion silly. Take that shit elsewhere bro. This is what happens when your model nets no success in 26 years. People start micro-analyzing everything you do. Trust me if this were another team that I KNOW wed make it work with a favorable outcome I wouldn't be thinking about it so hard.

The Cleveland Cavs do plenty of deals a year and I say nothing because that's a great franchise who wants to win and KNOWS how to win. Bengals on the other hand couldn't win a playoff if they were up in one and all they had to do was not crack a defensivless player in the head. So my bad for being more critical of Bengals moves than what you, the god of opinions, deems normal.

Dude, just let it rest..  Minter is a good signing for this team.  As good a signing as we will get.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Good signing and is a low risk with a chance at high reward move.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
(03-18-2017, 09:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Good to see other teams also have dumb fans. A 35 year old Dansby is not near as good as a 26 year old 4.7 guy progressing each year

I happily accept that trade, but I wouldn't call the guy dumb. You have to realize that these guys are remembering the Dansby of 2013 that posted 122 tackles, 6.5 sacks and 4 INTs. Dansby was always a beast for them. I doubt they've followed him closely while he was with the Browns and Bengals. They probably know as much about that as we knew about Minter before he signed. 

For all we know, they might look at our glee at signing Minter and think we're the dumb ones. I was simply trying to provide some perspective from their side.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Here is his combine report from 2012

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/kevin-minter?id=2540159

I like comparing them to other players coming out in the draft. He has NFL experience and is a very solid addition to the LB corps. Well done, Bengals.
(03-18-2017, 09:42 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Good signing and is a low risk with a chance at high reward move.

My thoughts exactly
Thumbs Up 
It just comes down to who would you rather have: A 30 something linebacker on the backside of his career or someone in his prime with a upside. I think this signing will benefit the Bengals well this season.
Im about to delete all my past posts because I don't want some BS argument messing up the Minter thread. I will again for the 5th time say I think Minter is good for the team. Even if I feel its a low risk low reward move that wont mean anything for is in the future.

But for the next person who flat out disagrees with my opinion please find another way to express it than calling it silly. I try to keep it as civil as possible most times and will let extreme sarcasm go, but flat out disrespecting opinions isn't gonna end up good for anybody.
I don't love it I don't hate it. It's a sold move though the fact he has been durable is a plus.

Idk how I feel about drafting Foster now.
(03-18-2017, 07:59 PM)Shady Wrote: Cool. Check THIS out

That is sort of a nightmare... Sad

Honestly, #51 has had some great players... Spikes, Thurman, Skuta...now Minter. Welcome to the new #51.

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Better than nothing. At least it opens up our draft options.
Everything in this post is my fault.
(03-18-2017, 07:13 PM)Housh Wrote: What if we find out its a 1 year deal lol
1 year, up to 4.5 million. We wanted a long term deal, he was content with a prove it year.
(03-18-2017, 07:14 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Only a one year deal though?
1 year, up to 4.5 million. We wanted a long term deal, he was content with a prove it year.
(03-18-2017, 07:15 PM)milksheikh Wrote: It's a one year deal according to Ian Rapoport.
Well, he's gonna leave us after having a great season.
(03-18-2017, 07:57 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Am I the only one not excited about this move. It's out of the ordinary for the Bengals sure but why not get a LBer that can cover for a change. Reports say he struggled with TE's and RB's. Now our top 3 LBers will be FA's after this season. Again glad we are waking up in FA finally just not that impressed with this kid.
Top 3? I see vigil as our 3rd best... Hes an elite run stopping lb who is at worst an above average cover lb. Hea still improving. We wanted a long term deal with an outside free agent. We never want that, should tell u what we think of him
(03-18-2017, 08:58 PM)jason Wrote: I think it is....Which probably means they start him at SAM, and he's a non factor.
Vigil is starting sam.
Minter is an above average to good LB...plus he's 26 and can still play. He's a 3rd or 4th tier free agent. This is a GOOD SIGNING.

I just wish it were for more than 1 year.

The only downside to this is that it likely means that Rueben Foster won't be our pick. But...we do need to draft a DE and would possibly go after Fournette or even a WR.

Minter, Burfict, and Vigil would be a decent LB group. There would be more speed.
Well he's motivated to have a good year for his next deal. I smell a comp pick coming our way!
Not a great, but not a bad addition. It'll be a real good move if it means they're cutting Maualuga.

Go out there and now snag Zach Brown and you're LB group is set. Brown/Minter/Burfict, with V Rey backing up all three. Then you can focus on the OL and DL in the draft. Plus maybe snag a CB and RB somewhere since it's such a deep draft for them.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(03-18-2017, 10:43 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Well he's motivated to have a good year for his next deal. I smell a comp pick coming our way!

I wanted to gain familiarity with the comp pick system before I said something like this but I did think it lol

Can you even get comp pick off a 1 year guy?
(03-18-2017, 10:35 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: That is sort of a nightmare... Sad

Honestly, #51 has had some great players... Spikes, Thurman, Skuta...now Minter. Welcome to the new #51.

Kinda ironic his draft comparison was T.Spikes.
(03-18-2017, 08:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Uh, showing highlights of a game where Minter and his defense gave up 48 points might not have been the best choice..

Carson was QB, so at least 14 of the Saints points came off of pick 6's. Can't blame the d for that

Don't hate. He's new.  LOL 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Love the move. Now we will draft Barnette and replace mauluaga n Michael Johnson. Two horrible players.