Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals signing Kevin Minter
Like it ..... and don't forget there is a bright side of a dude on a 1 year deal
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-19-2017, 11:58 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Dude used to weigh 380?

haha.

He was a big boy Wink
I don't get this signing seems like we replaced Rey M with a better player but we didn't use Rey M at all last season. Just don't understand valuing that position?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
(03-19-2017, 02:07 PM)J24 Wrote: I don't get this signing seems like we replaced Rey M with a better player but we didn't use Rey M at all last season. Just don't understand valuing that position?

Rey M. is one dimensional as a great run stopper, but a huge liability on pass coverage so great QB's could exploit the play calling when Rey was on the field. Minter is a 3 down LB who call play the MIKE and are LB positions so hopefully not only better MIKE, but will give Guenther more flexibility calling defenses. I can also a straight switch as I predict Rey M. is cut.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
I see him as an upgrade on Maualuga but not enough to get any cartwheels out of me. From what I could gather, he will not be the cover backer that some have touted him as. Should be good against the run though, and an overall solid addition.
(03-19-2017, 10:57 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I don't think we'll release Rey if Minters here on a one year deal. I think signing Minter puts the writing on the wall for Rey though.

I wouldn't be too sure about that..

http://local12.com/sports/bengals/bengas-will-reportedly-sign-linebacker-to-likely-replace-maualuga

You can believe that as frugal as the Bengals are, they are not going to spend 7.5M on the MLB position.  I'd say as soon as Minter is given the clearance by medical, Maualuga will be down the road.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(03-19-2017, 02:16 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Rey M. is one dimensional as a great run stopper, but a huge liability on pass coverage so great QB's could exploit the play calling when Rey was on the field. Minter is a 3 down LB who call play the MIKE and are LB positions so hopefully not only better MIKE, but will give Guenther more flexibility calling defenses. I can also a straight switch as I predict Rey M. is cut.

From what I read is Minter is a below average player who's best season was last season when he was inconsistent at best. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
(03-19-2017, 02:07 PM)J24 Wrote: I don't get this signing seems like we replaced Rey M with a better player but we didn't use Rey M at all last season. Just don't understand valuing that position?

Containing TE's has to be a priority for us, something Maualuga failed at. Hopefully he does get cut with Minter providing better coverage, and helping Vigil see what he needs to do to improve. 

IF they keep Maualuga, then they must be fattening him up to 325 and plugging him in at NT. Or as a 'Jabba the Hut' stand-in for the next Star Wars movie .... Ninja
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Minter brings some speed (not blazing but some), can play on passing downs and has range. He also was both defensive captain on AZ and the defensive signal caller. These mean he is a smart player.

Just having an every down MLB stabilizes the LB unit - we can wheel out Tez, Minter and Vigil on any down. That is a nice improvement.
We need to cut Maualuga already. By far the worst player on our defense.
(03-18-2017, 06:52 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Awesome, that is more like it. He is automatically our 2nd best Linebacker. Dude can stop the run and cover.

Makes me feel better, Minter in stripes. Rock On
(03-19-2017, 02:16 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Rey M. is one dimensional as a great run stopper, but a huge liability on pass coverage so great QB's could exploit the play calling when Rey was on the field. Minter is a 3 down LB who call play the MIKE and are LB positions so hopefully not only better MIKE, but will give Guenther more flexibility calling defenses. I can also a straight switch as I predict Rey M. is cut.

More like as a meh run stopper. The LB run D looked like crap when Burfict was out. I think Zimmer just made Maualuga look better than he was against the run with scheme.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(03-19-2017, 10:22 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Fan bases often do not know what they are talking about.
Lol I can say the same about this fan base, idk how many times I've been right and the majority has been wrong. A lot.. Not saying I'm right all the time, but they never believe me on anything I say really,and it usually ends up true.I do my research and homework.
(03-19-2017, 10:35 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: How does he sound like a thug?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgMv-H7i2Nw

Because he occasionally uses ebonics?

If you don't notice I don't know what to tell you,sounds like a idiot to me
(03-19-2017, 03:48 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Lol I can say the same about this fan base, idk how many times I've been right and the majority has been wrong. A lot.. Not saying I'm right all the time, but they never believe me on anything I say really,and it usually ends up true.I do my research and homework.
Don't break your arm.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

If he is here to replace the role that Maualuga had, I have no issues with it. Maualuga should be gone the second this guy passes his physical.
(03-19-2017, 03:54 PM)McC Wrote: Don't break your arm.

Somebody has too, nobody else would give me credit

Oh and for how does minter sound like a thug?

"It's 3rd down and 8 ya heard me.. We doing this thang babay hahaha. Eyy eyy eyy switch up!" Guy thinks he's ti or some southern rapper sounds like a clown
(03-19-2017, 04:01 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Somebody has too, nobody else would give me credit

"It's 3rd down and 8 ya heard me.. We doing this thang babay hahaha. Eyy eyy eyy switch up!" Guy thinks he's ti or some southern rapper 

Yes, because no one else talks like that anywhere. This is ridiculous. He must be a thug because you don't like the way he talks. Great. 
(03-19-2017, 04:01 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Somebody has too, nobody else would give me credit

"It's 3rd down and 8 ya heard me.. We doing this thang babay hahaha. Eyy eyy eyy switch up!" Guy thinks he's ti or some southern rapper sounds like a clown

[Image: Steve-Carell-Facepalm.gif]
He doth be a knave and one who comiteth sneak thievery, for we speak the queen's good English here.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]