Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals signing TE Mike Gesicki

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
double griddy is on the menu
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
"Up to" = good value on basically a big slot WR to replace Boyd. He's had ups and downs but really vod pickup especially if Jones can't take the next step. Another option outside in the redzone too. Very nice pickup.
Reply/Quote
Geseki is pretty decent. He was really good a few years ago. He's only 28.
Reply/Quote
Good value. Not good news for Hudson. Same role / player.

Needle unmoved. TE still a need.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Really like this move. I know he doesn't fit the traditional tightens mold. Very affordable and curious what are big move will be. I'm expecting it will be resigning Reader fingers crossed.
Reply/Quote
i guess another revolving door piece?
Reply/Quote
I'm good with this one, it was needed and if he does well, he'll be another in the line of 1 yr contract TE's that go on to get paid
Reply/Quote
I like this move... think he's been under utilized the last couple years. He's a 700 yard per season Tight end.

He was phased out in Miami due to their star WR's and last year was with Mac Jones.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Good signing. I really thought we'd pick him up last year TBH. This is more of a TB replacement than addressing the TE position.
Reply/Quote
I expect him to really bounce back from last year with now an actual NFL QB throwing him the ball. Should be a good signing.

It is just another 1 year band-aid still, though. Maybe they still draft a TE in the first two days of the draft?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Well the TE carousel continues of hey lets hope this TE can resurrect their career on a 3rd one year deal.... Sad hopefully we look at draft to hopefully have a consistent player at TE...
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:14 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I like this move... think he's been under utilized the last couple years.  He's a 700 yard per season Tight end.

He was phased out in Miami due to their star WR's and last year was with Mac Jones.

He has gone over 700 yards 2/6 years.. I'm not sure you can consider him a 700 yard per season tight end...
Reply/Quote
I am mixed on this one.

Positive: he is the best receiving TE on the team by a mile. And an upgrade from Hudson.

Negative: calling him a TE is a stretch. More like a huge slot. A 1 yr deal sounds like more reslvolving door. Plus, with Sample & him, it won't be hard for the D to figure out what is coming.

Probably bad news for Hudson unless we carry four TEs. I'd think he'd have been cheaper.

We've spent $15 mil on Moss, Sample, ADG, & Gesicki. Nothing wrong with any of those guys,,but I'd have preferred one plus starter to 4 plus backups.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:22 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well the TE carousel continues of hey lets hope this TE can resurrect their career on a 3rd one year deal.... Sad  hopefully we look at draft to hopefully have a consistent player at TE...

I know they said they don't want a revolving door, but they also don't want a hole at NT and RT for example.  It's better for chemistry to have a long term fit, but if the market gives you a cheap option to fill a need you take it. 
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:22 PM)Lucius Cincinnatus Wrote: He has gone over 700 yards 2/6 years.. I'm not sure you can consider him a 700 yard per season tight end...

He's got there 2 out of 3 years when he gets over 85 targets

Assuming he's "Tyler Boyds Replacement" he should easily get over 700 if that is how he's utilized. 

I think his value will be in the Red Zone regardless. Even if he doesn't get the yards I'm projecting. 
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
I'm on the fence about this one. If this was two, three seasons ago I would have been over the moon. I hope he's the same player he was BEFORE playing with Mac Jones and that fustercluck that is the Patriots offense the past couple years.

Does this spell the end for the Hudson Hopefuls? Or do we bring him back as well, on the cheap, to fill out the TE room before the draft? If so, that would leave Sample as the only TE with any kind of blocking prowess and I'm not so sure I'm good with that.
Reply/Quote
eh, he's basically a slot receiver. We still need at least 1 more in line tight end.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:21 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I expect him to really bounce back from last year with now an actual NFL QB throwing him the ball. Should be a good signing.

It is just another 1 year band-aid still, though. Maybe they still draft a TE in the first two days of the draft?

If Brock Bowers falls the TE room instantly becomes top tier and fills the void of minimized WR2 catches if Tee is traded.
Reply/Quote