Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals signing TE Mike Gesicki
Cincinnati had been at the top of his list since the season ended. He liked the QB, the offense, the championship contender. He didn't say, but was thinking it, and a major opportunity for a TE to make bank the next year

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Burrow will be quite the upgrade

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 06:43 PM)pally Wrote: Burrow will be quite the upgrade

Touchdowns from 7 different QBs. Hmm. Something tells me Joe will like throwing him TDs.
Reply/Quote
Wonder how much is in the tank

He had a 1000 yard season with Miami but his last year in Miami and last year with New England he was worthless.

We’re probably 2 years too late to expect him to be a big part of the offense but all i wanna know is can he catch a 1 yard pass on 3rd and 4 and get me 5.

You don’t gotta be George Kittle or block like Sample. Just don’t be total ass like Irv Smith
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 09:00 PM)Housh Wrote: Wonder how much is in the tank

He had a 1000 yard season with Miami but his last year in Miami and last year with New England he was worthless.

We’re probably 2 years too late to expect him to be a big part of the offense but all i wanna know is can he catch a 1 yard pass on 3rd and 4 and get me 5.

You don’t gotta be George Kittle or block like Sample. Just don’t be total ass like Irv Smith

To be fair, his last season in Miami, he had 3 different starting QBs because of Tua's concussion. The only receiver that year with significant yards was Tyreek.

And last year, New England was so bad it got Bill Belichick fired and qb Mac Jones traded for nothing.  2 different starting QBs and neither did anything.  

Let's see what he can do with a QB who can actually throw the ball

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 10:18 PM)pally Wrote: To be fair, his last season in Miami, he had 3 different starting QBs because of Tua's concussion. The only receiver that year with significant yards was Tyreek.

And last year, New England was so bad it got Bill Belichick fired and qb Mac Jones traded for nothing.  2 different starting QBs and neither did anything.  

So relevant I cannot say it enough with Mike Gesicki.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 10:18 PM)pally Wrote: To be fair, his last season in Miami, he had 3 different starting QBs because of Tua's concussion. The only receiver that year with significant yards was Tyreek.

Exactly. People seem to forget also, that Hayden Hurst was considered washed and a reclamation project when we signed him. How'd that work out?

I'm excited to see what K-mart Griddy can do with a REAL QB.
Reply/Quote

Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2024, 06:35 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote:

Well, it sure sounds good at least lol
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2024, 06:35 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote:

Great vid FSV. Gotta say, pretty cool some fans of other teams recognizing the Gesicki addition and seeing what I see. 

A lot of Bengals fans I don't think see what I see here. Gesicki is a bit like Eifert but is even more of a Receiver than Eifert was.

He just hasn't played with a good QB, well at least not to the par of Joe Burrow yet at all.

Zack Moss also is a perfect fit. I know these guys were talking about how a big back isn't what our Offense is about anymore but I disagree
on that one point. Still think we need to add a battering ram like a Braelon Allen, Trey Benson, Jonathan Brooks type back for short yardage 
and to be able to do a little bullying ourselves and change things up. I like my team physical, just the way I am.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 09:46 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Exactly. People seem to forget also, that Hayden Hurst was considered washed and a reclamation project when we signed him. How'd that work out?

This is how it worked out:

23rd in total yards for tight end
14th in catches
18th in yards per game
25th in yards/catch
Tied for 19th in tds

Add it all up, and borderline average is what you get.

Before you talk about targets, he was 15th in targets.
9 guys with less targets had more yards.

Hurst was fine in 2022, but that’s all he was.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2024, 02:34 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: This is how it worked out:

23rd in total yards for tight end
14th in catches
18th in yards per game
25th in yards/catch
Tied for 19th in tds

Add it all up, and borderline average is what you get.

Before you talk about targets, he was 15th in targets.
9 guys with less targets had more yards.

Hurst was fine in 2022, but that’s all he was.

You forgot the nice contract :)
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 09:46 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Exactly. People seem to forget also, that Hayden Hurst was considered washed and a reclamation project when we signed him. How'd that work out?

He was average TE for us compared to other TEs that year, he played hard no doubt but his stats were below average in the league in a few area especially tds, ypc and yac, area we need improvement hoping combo of Gesicki and Hudson can improve in those areas.. i should note we did not pay him alot for his production but at same time we also did not move the needle much in terms of down field play
Reply/Quote
It's no surprise Hurst didn't have more impressive numbers, he was in an offense that features three WR and a RB who can catch passes. He was never going to be a focal point. But he was RELIABLE when called upon. Need 5 for a first? Hurst could find the soft spot in the zone and get those 5. Reliably.

I'm expecting that and more from
MG this year.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2024, 11:36 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: It's no surprise Hurst didn't have more impressive numbers, he was in an offense that features three WR and a RB who can catch passes. He was never going to be a focal point. But he was RELIABLE when called upon. Need 5 for a first? Hurst could find the soft spot in the zone and get those 5. Reliably.

I'm expecting that and more from
MG this year.

I also think Hudson will give us a nice combo, he really was effective last year with the amount of snaps he had and playing most of his games without Burrow
Reply/Quote