Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals twitter hinting at something; New Uniforms coming soon
In 2019 the Uni Watch guy had a contest to redesign the Bengals uniforms. Here are all of the designs he received.
A lot of bad and some good ones.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/65516705@N00/sets/72157709687544572
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 08:49 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: In 2019 the Uni Watch guy had a contest to redesign the Bengals uniforms. Here are all of the designs he received.

I only looked at the first page.  98% of those are pretty rough (and I'm not just talking about the ones I assume kids drew/colored).  But I love competitions like this where you get some pretty creative input.  Some of the submissions were totally off the wall from anything that the team has had for basis in the past.  Kinda like the naming contests for teams.  Always fun to see what ridiculous (and sometimes awesome) ideas people come up with! 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 07:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They know what they’re doing here. They’re going to sell a lot of Burrow jerseys. We haven’t really had a player generate this much hype since Palmer and Chad.

I like how they waited until a bunch of poor suckers bought the old Burrow jersey, which will immediately be outdated.

It's funny, because they did the same thing with CP when they changed to these uni's in his 2nd year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 09:24 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I like how they waited until a bunch of poor suckers bought the old Burrow jersey, which will immediately be outdated.

It's funny, because they did the same thing with CP when they changed to these uni's in his 2nd year.

Mike Brown might not know how to run a successful franchise, but he sure knows how to gouge his fans twice for buying a QB jersey.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 05:43 PM)Synric Wrote: I prefer the "B" logo over the poorly drawn tiger head and leaping tigers. Those tigers look like they belong on the back of cereal box for how to draw a tiger for children.

Thank you. I can't believe people are ragging the "B". It's simple and everyone knows who it's for. The leaping tiger is too skinny. The tiger head isn't terrible. 
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 09:32 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Thank you. I can't believe people are ragging the "B". It's simple and everyone knows who it's for. The leaping tiger is too skinny. The tiger head isn't terrible. 

He must only eat playoff wins.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 08:49 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: In 2019 the Uni Watch guy had a contest to redesign the Bengals uniforms. Here are all of the designs he received.

What is he 12?  There are some crayon drawings.   Say What
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Get rid of that dumb white panel on the sides of the jersey and they are halfway there. I love the black pants. Hell, I love all-black. Which means all-white is "in" since I am usually about 5 years behind everyone else. Hey, did you guys hear Downton Abbey is ending?
Reply/Quote
I'm sure someone else already mentioned it, but THIS is what they are working on?
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 08:38 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Why not the throwback - the one that has the full tiger on the sleeve?

Please no. The leaping tiger was awful. Looked like a bad high school logo.

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 05:44 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Could this be a throwback jersey so we can use the old helmets?
[Image: Eoz43g8W8AIeJ6C?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]

That would be INCREIDBLE, right?

I love the shade of white they used on all of these as well. Pure class and different than the generic whites on modern jerseys. Looks similar to some of the baseball jersey whites. THIS jersey w a throwback helmet for color rush = SIZZLE
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 09:32 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Thank you. I can't believe people are ragging the "B". It's simple and everyone knows who it's for. The leaping tiger is too skinny. The tiger head isn't terrible. 

Completely agree. For me it’s: stripped B>tiger head>>>>>>>>>leaping tiger.

I wouldn’t mind using the helmets as the main logo, but I guess that’s too close to the Browns.

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 09:38 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: What is he 12?  There are some crayon drawings.   Say What

It was a contest so anyone(kids included) could submit their ideas.
But yes, there were a ton of really bad ones.
Reply/Quote
My offering

Attached Files Image(s)

If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
“Color Rush”

Attached Files Image(s)

If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
I hate how people act like having new uniforms means we aren’t doing anything else. It IS possible to get new uniforms, participate in free agency AND have a good draft.

I see people being like “we need to be focusing on our players, not our jerseys!”... as if the scouts and coaches are working on the uniforms lol.
Reply/Quote
[Image: EYoxBSSWoAIHTSO?format=jpg&name=large]
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 09:56 PM)PDub80 Wrote: That would be INCREIDBLE, right?

I love the shade of white they used on all of these as well. Pure class and different than the generic whites on modern jerseys. Looks similar to some of the baseball jersey whites. THIS jersey w a throwback helmet for color rush = SIZZLE

Agreed. It'll be great watching Burrow blistering the league in that one. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 05:51 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Those are beautiful.

you have horrendous taste

That's the one that stood out to me when looking at all the new jerseys that guy posted. It's a throw back, just like some have talked about and it's clean and quiet. Not screaming, like some of the new jerseys these days. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 06:15 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: While I am excited about new uni's, the jaded Bengal fan in me realizes that "the family" is likely only doing this because they did almost nothing else to generate excitement, and they have to take advantage of the excitement around Joe Burrow to get those sweet $$$ rolling in...without making any meaningful changes to the coaching staff.

I don't really see a problem with it. Assuming they do FA right and then the draft (gonna be hard to mess that up), people have been complaining for years that the organization is boring and old. They're doing some things now that resemble other teams, not waiting 10 years to do them when everyone else is doing something different. 

I get that people are skep and 'meh' because of how much they've sucked the last few years but i'm not gonna blast them for doing some new things. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote