Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals twitter hinting at something; New Uniforms coming soon
(01-21-2021, 01:48 PM)Big Boss Wrote: 1. It's about time.
2. Joe Goodberry said he's heard that the changes are minor.  I hope that's not the case.
3. Bring back the 2003 designs.  They are GOAT and it's pointless to try anything else.

That sounds about right for this org  Yawn
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 02:31 PM)BleedNOrange Wrote: These are my favorite so far.  Maybe get rid of the number outline and the Bengals Tiger head on the sleeve.  Obviously the the helmet will be the standard orange/black.  The oranges need to all match too.  Either way, this organization needs a complete overhaul on branding.
[Image: 4ff3d09807bc91c0a277e9642b6c5b43.jpg]
Really like the uni itself but not a fan of the helmet. Joe Goodberry tweeted out some options that he liked and I think they are pretty sweet!
"Even Jesus hates the Steelers." - Jesus
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 02:31 PM)BleedNOrange Wrote: These are my favorite so far.  Maybe get rid of the number outline and the Bengals Tiger head on the sleeve.  Obviously the the helmet will be the standard orange/black.  The oranges need to all match too.  Either way, this organization needs a complete overhaul on branding.

By far the best one I've seen so far.
Reply/Quote
I'm interested to know if they get rid of the "B" logo, or at least keep it off the uniform. It's my least favorite of all the Bengal logos.
I'd like the tiger head or full body tiger back, but I doubt they do that.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 11:23 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I hate when companies do shit like this.  If you got an announcement just make it, or say you'll be making one at such and such time.

I'm sorry, but all of these companies trying to be cute on social media is so lame.  I always think of that picture or meme or whatever with Steve Buscemi ("How do you do fellow kids?") when I see stupid posts like these.

Nobody is following the Bengals (or Wendy's, or Arby's, or Ford, or whoever) for humor and for them to pretend like their primary objective isn't making as much money as possible.  Just announce your new cheeseburger, or you new car, or whatever you have regarding your football team, or shut the hell up.

This isn't cool.  You know what's cool?  Winning football.  Leave this stupid crap to teenagers.

/rantover

Get off my lawn!!
Reply/Quote
Got to hand it to Mike Brown, ever the shrewd business man! Gets everyone to buy a Burrow jersey last year and then designs a new jersey to make everyone want to get a brand spankin' new redesigned Burrow jersey! Bravo Mr. Brown....BRAVO!
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 12:44 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I mean, for people that consider tweets like this from a 2 billion dollar company "fun", more power to them.

I'd just like to hear what the news is.  And if you're going to announce it later then a simple "We will have an announcement at X time" would suffice, and it would provide me with actual info. 

I just don't need the notoriously old school Bengals to tweet like a teenager for it to peak my interest.  It's desperate and cringy, just like every other company that goes out of their way to pretend to be cool, and not just some filthy rich company that is trying to sell you something.

Sorry, I'm not someone that finds the Wendy's Twitter account hilarious, or wants to see them "clap back" on the Burger King account.

To each their own, I'm not saying this is the WORST thing ever or anything like that.  I just personally find it annoying and kinda disingenuous.

They hired a new younger person to be in charge of their social media accounts, to reach out to younger audiences. You know, people not old enough yet to yell at people to get off their lawns..... Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
I dunno, reminds me of the browns.

Personally, I hope the guy who did the Eagle Fang logo steps in and we get a kick ass new logo and everything. Like a tiger with wings and a sick spiked tail.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 03:24 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Got to hand it to Mike Brown, ever the shrewd business man! Gets everyone to buy a Burrow jersey last year and then designs a new jersey to make everyone want to get a brand spankin' new redesigned Burrow jersey! Bravo Mr. Brown....BRAVO!

I try not to be too negative, but this was one of my first thoughts when this news went from speculation to reality.  

But I guess now I have (and everyone else too) an OG Burrow Jersey.  Woohoo?
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 03:24 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Got to hand it to Mike Brown, ever the shrewd business man! Gets everyone to buy a Burrow jersey last year and then designs a new jersey to make everyone want to get a brand spankin' new redesigned Burrow jersey! Bravo Mr. Brown....BRAVO!

Well, they do new kits every season in soccer. NBA teams are doing new jerseys every season. The Bengals should be tweaking jerseys every 4-5 years for the revenue stream.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 04:17 PM)IcoHolic Wrote: Well, they do new kits every season in soccer. NBA teams are doing new jerseys every season. The Bengals should be tweaking jerseys every 4-5 years for the revenue stream.

well if the NFL ever got to the yearly basis players shouldnt have to buy up unsold jerseys to switch numbers lol
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 01:25 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: So here is the guy who did the uni's that were mentioned in the other thread:  https://twitter.com/ninety4feet

I just looked at his account, and by this tweet it appears he is, in some way, working on the new ones ( I was wrong).

[img] <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> [/img]

Sweet Jesus. Please don't let these be our new unis.

[Image: Eoz41t9WEAANCvr?format=jpg&name=small][Image: Eoz42WcWMAI91Kg?format=jpg&name=4096x4096][Image: Eoz425YW8AAMnRE?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 05:39 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Sweet Jesus. Please don't let these be our new unis.

[Image: Eoz41t9WEAANCvr?format=jpg&name=small][Image: Eoz42WcWMAI91Kg?format=jpg&name=4096x4096][Image: Eoz425YW8AAMnRE?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]

I don't hate that at all!
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 03:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm interested to know if they get rid of the "B" logo, or at least keep it off the uniform. It's my least favorite of all the Bengal logos.
I'd like the tiger head or full body tiger back, but I doubt they do that.

I prefer the "B" logo over the poorly drawn tiger head and leaping tigers. Those tigers look like they belong on the back of cereal box for how to draw a tiger for children.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 05:40 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I don't hate that at all!

Could this be a throwback jersey so we can use the old helmets?
[Image: Eoz43g8W8AIeJ6C?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 05:39 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Sweet Jesus. Please don't let these be our new unis.

Those are beautiful.

you have horrendous taste
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 05:51 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Those are beautiful.

you have horrendous taste

I think they look too much like Cleveland's. Sick
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 01:25 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: So here is the guy who did the uni's that were mentioned in the other thread:  https://twitter.com/ninety4feet

I just looked at his account, and by this tweet it appears he is, in some way, working on the new ones ( I was wrong).

[img] <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> [/img]

They're uninspiring and in my eyes ugly as hell I hope they don't use this guy I've seen so many better concepts on Twitter
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 05:58 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: They're uninspiring and in my eyes ugly as hell I hope they don't use this guy I've seen so many better concepts on Twitter

I'd rather it be simplistic and retro than ugly and futuristic
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 06:00 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I'd rather it be simplistic and retro than ugly and futuristic

These are probably the worst I've ever seen

[Image: EsRqMIoXcAQLztV?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]
Reply/Quote