Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals twitter hinting at something; New Uniforms coming soon
Just don’t change the helmet. Please. It’s one of the most unique helmets in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
So anti-climatic.

Not only is it not a big deal, they don't even have anything to show. Could have literally just posted, "Hey we'll have new uniforms in 2021" for all the other crap they did.

Seriously, if they put the effort into scouting and development that they are putting into useless tweets on social media we might have a decent team in a few seasons.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm not convinced it's uniforms.... but maybe that's because I'd prefer not to already have an outdated Burrow jersey. ugh!
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 12:50 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: Just don’t change the helmet. Please. It’s one of the most unique helmets in the NFL.

Dehner just tweeted that the helmets won't change.

https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr/status/1352280044547268608
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 12:47 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Really curious to see what they do with the unis.  

That said, I'm kinda annoyed by the move.  Feels like lipstick on a pig unless they're going to make some real changes.  And so far this offseason, they haven't.  If all there is to be excited about is new uniforms, something is very, very wrong. 

What changes were you expecting at this time? Coaches have already been retained, and FA doesn't start yet. Were you expecting something else? 

I'm all in for new Unis. Not because I expect it to produce good result, but because it's overdue. 
Reply/Quote
YESSSS New Uni's
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 12:54 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: What changes were you expecting at this time? Coaches have already been retained, and FA doesn't start yet. Were you expecting something else? 

I'm all in for new Unis. Not because I expect it to produce good result, but because it's overdue. 

I wasn't expecting anything at this time (from this tweet).  My point is that so far this offseason, they had the opportunity to make some real changes and they didn't.  And now they're dropping new unis like it's the greatest hype.  New unis are cool, but it doesn't mean anything as far as actual change to the product on the field.  

I wanted new coaches, and we didn't get that (I'm not counting position coaches as a game-changer).  I want to see some big FA activity, and signs so far aren't really pointing in that direction, either.  So I'm curious to see how the new unis look, but if the team performs to same standard of the past few years, putting new clothes on the players is such a joke (and another way to generate revenue off a sub-standard product). 
Reply/Quote
I hope the new unis are simple and clean.

I couldn't stand how busy the current ones look. The color rush were decent. There is just so much going on with the sleeve, body, body side, number, number shadow, & collar all being different colors plus all the stripes/Bengals "B" log/NFL logo. I like the helmet and it is already busy with that pattern so we don't need the shirt/pants to have a ton.
Reply/Quote
they better look like the Corey Dillon's

Nike isnt known for making good new jerseys

they changed the jaguars uniforms twice already because the first re-designs were so awful

same with Tampa
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 12:50 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: Just don’t change the helmet. Please. It’s one of the most unique helmets in the NFL.

Agreed! And they should make the orange jersey with black pants their permanent home uniform.
Reply/Quote
Didn't we recently have a thread about a uniform change? I know we ALWAYS have threads about suggesting it, but I thought there was a recent one that introduced orange pants among other things.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
The team's been sold to Mark Cuban.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 12:58 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I wasn't expecting anything at this time (from this tweet).  My point is that so far this offseason, they had the opportunity to make some real changes and they didn't.  And now they're dropping new unis like it's the greatest hype.  New unis are cool, but it doesn't mean anything as far as actual change to the product on the field.  

I wanted new coaches, and we didn't get that (I'm not counting position coaches as a game-changer).  I want to see some big FA activity, and signs so far aren't really pointing in that direction, either.  So I'm curious to see how the new unis look, but if the team performs to same standard of the past few years, putting new clothes on the players is such a joke (and another way to generate revenue off a sub-standard product). 

As for reading the tea leaves regarding free agency, keep in mind that many of us were whining last year in March up until the moment they signed Reader. I'm not saying they make moves again this year, but there was no indication they would last year til they did... Unless I forgot.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 01:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Didn't we recently have a thread about a uniform change? I know we ALWAYS have threads about suggesting it, but I thought there was a recent one that introduced orange pants among other things.

Yeah, I think someone locally worked up some new designs and it got posted on here.  I'll see if I can find it...

Fwiw, I highly doubt this person is any way involved in the actual redesign, I think they just did it for fun.

Edit: Here you go http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-New-Uniforms--26042?highlight=uniforms
Reply/Quote
This really comes off to me as a huge distraction.

Hey everyone look, we have new uniforms! Aren't they so cool!

Meanwhile, scouting department remains bare, no GM, and no real changes to the team.

Just a giant smoke screen to give the fans something else to talk about/debate while they do nothing.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 11:46 AM)pally Wrote: They wouldn't be announcing new jersey's right now.  Those are usually announced post draft

They literally just announced new jerseys for 2021 on the Bengals website
Reply/Quote
So here is the guy who did the uni's that were mentioned in the other thread:  https://twitter.com/ninety4feet

I just looked at his account, and by this tweet it appears he is, in some way, working on the new ones ( I was wrong).

[img] <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> [/img]
Reply/Quote
Long overdue... but mainly, I’m terrified. Nike rolled out some absolute gems last year with the Browns, Buccaneers and Chargers recieving some amazing upgrades... but than you had the putrid, puke-inducing rags with the Rams and the Falcons.

As some of you may have noticed over the years, I am a helmet/uniform junkie. This something I’ve been craving for over a decade now... I just hope to everything holy they don’t mess this up. Odds are 50/50 whether they’re gorgeous or atrocious... biggest coin toss of my life coming here haha
Reply/Quote

They'll change the helmet to include this logo -

FA5182-D7-8-E59-464-C-B726-BA3-DAA8-A396-D
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 01:34 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Long overdue... but mainly, I’m terrified. Nike rolled out some absolute gems last year with the Browns, Buccaneers and Chargers recieving some amazing upgrades... but than you had the putrid, puke-inducing rags with the Rams and the Falcons.

As some of you may have noticed over the years, I am a helmet/uniform junkie. This something I’ve been craving for over a decade now... I just hope to everything holy they don’t mess this up. Odds are 50/50 whether they’re gorgeous or atrocious... biggest coin toss of my life coming here haha

they gave the browns and bucs new uniforms originally but they were awful, so they had them re-worked to look like their classic uniforms. 

I really dont trust nike with these re-designs
Reply/Quote