Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals twitter hinting at something; New Uniforms coming soon
I’m not sure we’ll ever see new uniforms.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 11:23 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I hate when companies do shit like this.  If you got an announcement just make it, or say you'll be making one at such and such time.

I'm sorry, but all of these companies trying to be cute on social media is so lame.  I always think of that picture or meme or whatever with Steve Buscemi ("How do you do fellow kids?") when I see stupid posts like these.

Nobody is following the Bengals (or Wendy's, or Arby's, or Ford, or whoever) for humor and for them to pretend like their primary objective isn't making as much money as possible.  Just announce your new cheeseburger, or you new car, or whatever you have regarding your football team, or shut the hell up.

This isn't cool.  You know what's cool?  Winning football.  Leave this stupid crap to teenagers.

/rantover

You are my favorite poster. I don't even need to post because you summarize most of my thoughts. Who Dey!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 11:25 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I would love it if Willie were offered a coaching spot.  He has been very outspoken about minority coaches being, well, such a minority of the positions.  I think he has a lot to offer.

would you drop pollack for willie?
Reply/Quote
Other guesses:

- New corporate sponsorship deal
- Retiring numbers
- Joe Burrow workout video
- Donation to a social justice oriented charity, group
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 11:54 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Other guesses:

- Retiring numbers

Trolling us so we have something to talk about

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 11:59 AM)pally Wrote: Trolling us so we have something to talk about

So we'll get something epic like a Gold Star Chili/Bengals commercial.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 11:54 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Other guesses:

- Retiring numbers

My bold, if not ridiculously impossible prediction: 

- GM (Marvin Lewis)

Reply/Quote
Chevy is re-launching the Lumina? In pearlescent poop beige.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 12:17 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: My bold, if not ridiculously impossible prediction: 

- GM (Marvin Lewis)

I like the bold prediction! That outcome would be worth that tweet.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 11:23 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I hate when companies do shit like this.  If you got an announcement just make it, or say you'll be making one at such and such time.

I'm sorry, but all of these companies trying to be cute on social media is so lame.  I always think of that picture or meme or whatever with Steve Buscemi ("How do you do fellow kids?") when I see stupid posts like these.

Nobody is following the Bengals (or Wendy's, or Arby's, or Ford, or whoever) for humor and for them to pretend like their primary objective isn't making as much money as possible.  Just announce your new cheeseburger, or you new car, or whatever you have regarding your football team, or shut the hell up.

This isn't cool.  You know what's cool?  Winning football.  Leave this stupid crap to teenagers.

/rantover

Such a Negative Nancy.... Lighten up Francis, have some fun. They've obviously got a deal in the works with someone, which they feel is going to be big, and are waiting to pen to paper..
Reply/Quote
6 days ago Lawson tweeted the same eye emoji... could be related
Reply/Quote
Bengals initial Ring of Honor inductees:

Paul Brown
Bob Johnson
Ken Anderson
Ken Riley
Anthony Munoz
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 12:39 PM)TorontoBengal Wrote: 6 days ago Lawson tweeted the same eye emoji... could be related

3 sets of eyes..... Lawson, Alexander, WJIII
Reply/Quote
The announcement is new uniforms.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Bengals/status/1352279814368014338?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Reply/Quote

/rantover

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 12:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: 3 sets of eyes..... Lawson, Alexander, WJIII

The 3 guys I want to stick around.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 12:30 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Such a Negative Nancy.... Lighten up Francis, have some fun.

I mean, for people that consider tweets like this from a 2 billion dollar company "fun", more power to them.

I'd just like to hear what the news is.  And if you're going to announce it later then a simple "We will have an announcement at X time" would suffice, and it would provide me with actual info. 

I just don't need the notoriously old school Bengals to tweet like a teenager for it to peak my interest.  It's desperate and cringy, just like every other company that goes out of their way to pretend to be cool, and not just some filthy rich company that is trying to sell you something.

Sorry, I'm not someone that finds the Wendy's Twitter account hilarious, or wants to see them "clap back" on the Burger King account.

To each their own, I'm not saying this is the WORST thing ever or anything like that.  I just personally find it annoying and kinda disingenuous.

Reply/Quote
Well f**k. My color rush Burrow is already outdated.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 11:46 AM)pally Wrote: They wouldn't be announcing new jersey's right now.  Those are usually announced post draft

Nope. That's it. New unis coming!
"Even Jesus hates the Steelers." - Jesus
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 12:41 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: The announcement is new uniforms.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Bengals/status/1352279814368014338?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Really curious to see what they do with the unis.  

That said, I'm kinda annoyed by the move.  Feels like lipstick on a pig unless they're going to make some real changes.  And so far this offseason, they haven't.  If all there is to be excited about is new uniforms, something is very, very wrong. 
Reply/Quote