Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals twitter hinting at something; New Uniforms coming soon
(01-21-2021, 01:38 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: they gave the browns and bucs new uniforms originally but they were awful, so they had them re-worked to look like their classic uniforms. 

I really dont trust nike with these re-designs

havent really seen one of these new Nike designed uniforms in pro or college that ive liked yet.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 10:43 AM)Trademark Wrote:
Wonder what this could mean ?

Looks like the team is getting new uniforms

Id say yes. new unis....
think about it , Brown needs to find ways to get fans to stick around and this is one way to keep some interest. 
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 01:39 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Id say yes. new unis....
think about it , Brown needs to find ways to get fans to stick around and this is one way to keep some interest. 

most of us only care about the Wins and the Losses. uniforms never come to mind when thinking of sticking around
Reply/Quote
I think it’s past time for new uniforms but I am a little nervous about how they will look. Orange with stripes can go bad in so many ways. Like someone already said: keep it simple.

I think they are just trying to hype it up. I know it’s for marketing but at least they look somewhat modern/up to date with their Twitter account. The NFL season is not even over yet so there’s really nothing else they can do or announce. Hopefully the new units will be awesome because we are going to spend a lot of time looking at them.
Reply/Quote
1. It's about time.
2. Joe Goodberry said he's heard that the changes are minor. I hope that's not the case.
3. Bring back the 2003 designs. They are GOAT and it's pointless to try anything else.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Goodberry says it’s minor changes. Hope not. If the same guy on twitter who did the rebrand mock-up in December is in charge of the new uniforms I don’t think it’ll be minor.

Someone on twitter suggested the Bengals get rid of white entirely and only go with two jerseys, black and orange. I actually thought it was a good idea.

I’d like to see orange pants
Reply/Quote
I'd rather have a complete overhaul (it's been nearly 20 years), but minor changes wouldn't be the worst thing in the world so long as those changes included ditching the white sides on the jerseys and going back to solid white, blocked numbering.

I'd still like something new, but the jerseys would look SO much better without the white sides.
Reply/Quote
I see some people disappointed with this announcement, but I love it. I am genuinely looking forward to them unveiling the new uniforms! Big Grin
Reply/Quote
https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2021/01/21/cincinnati-bengals-announce-new-jerseys-2021/
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 01:53 PM)tBengal Wrote: Goodberry says it’s minor changes. Hope not. If the same guy on twitter who did the rebrand mock-up in December is in charge of the new uniforms I don’t think it’ll be minor.

Someone on twitter suggested the Bengals get rid of white entirely and only go with two jerseys, black and orange. I actually thought it was a good idea.

I’d like to see orange pants

no way. Browns wear orange pants. Bengals need to keep the pants black/white with orange accents
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 11:46 AM)pally Wrote: They wouldn't be announcing new jersey's right now.  Those are usually announced post draft

Ahem.  Smirk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This guy might be speculating, but still:

Quote:“#NewStripes.” The @Bengals tease new uniforms that they’ll unveil this spring. The video Cincinnati released indicates they’ll do what the #Browns did in their latest uni redesign: return to a classic look with a nod to their past threads. @whiotv

https://twitter.com/JBedellWHIO/status/1352300244281815050
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 10:56 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: New uniforms? Just spitballing an idea.

I guess I was right, but 'minor' changes sounds like a let down.
Reply/Quote
Article about the helmet not changing. Bengals PR: https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-helmet-still-at-head-of-the-class
Reply/Quote
This guy came up with some cool mockups. Hopefully, the NFL changes the one helmet rule.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 01:59 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: no way. Browns wear orange pants. Bengals need to keep the pants black/white with orange accents

Well the Browns need to realize they’re the Browns and ditch the orange pants.
Reply/Quote
I just hope Joe Exoctic is the new mascot.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Please just go back to the simple and clean look of the 80s/90s/early 2000's.

This is such great news, now let's just get it right.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 02:10 PM)IcoHolic Wrote: This guy came up with some cool mockups. Hopefully, the NFL changes the one helmet rule.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

that looks like a different orange... Dont really like it. could just be the picture
Reply/Quote
These are my favorite so far.  Maybe get rid of the number outline and the Bengals Tiger head on the sleeve.  Obviously the the helmet will be the standard orange/black. The oranges need to all match too.  Either way, this organization needs a complete overhaul on branding.
[Image: 4ff3d09807bc91c0a277e9642b6c5b43.jpg]
Reply/Quote