49ers 20
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Bengals 26
49ers 24

The Defense shines again by getting multiple turnovers
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I was going to start a thread ' Spying Ahead On After Bye Week ". but I'll put it in here.

I was going to say that as Bengals have bye week for Burrow and Higgins and others to rest and get healthy. Meanwhile 49ers got pretty injured and have to play Monday Night in Minnesota. The 49ers still have a power house team, but last I saw McCaffrey was injured which is a huge loss, and I think Samuel was injured. Purdy had a bad game with the wet ball in Cleveland, but so did Burrow in the rain in Cleveland.

So as a Bengal Fan, I think I may watch Monday Night and see how 49ers look and who is injured and who isn't. I'm thinking 49ers will have to go back to throwing to TE Kittle more, for they don't have the luxury of just using him as a blocker if other stars are injured. I'm interested to see how good or bad Purdy looks at QB also. Every QB for 49ers was looking good with McCaffrey and all these pass targets and the great O Line, but how good do 49ers QBs look minus some offensive stars.

I can't watch Browns, Steelers, Ravens if they are on, because I just get bored. I can't watch them as a Bengals Fan. However the 49ers on Monday Night, I am interested how they look after that rain game in Cleveland, and how they look now with key injuries. What changes does the 49ers coach make to take on Vikings in Minnesota. 49ers can't look a game ahead to Bengals, but Bengals can look at 49ers. What injury adjustments do 49ers make on Monday Night Football ? 49ers will have to change the offense if no McCaffrey, that is a huge change. Plus because 49ers got McCaffrey, the 49ers let some good RB's end up on Miami as they help Dolphins win.

I won't make a Bengals vs 49ers prediction until I see 49ers on Monday Night, and that game will tell a lot. I don't think 49ers offense All Powerful without McCaffrey and if Samuel out, even more so. They do have Kittle, and I look for them to go back to using him like Kelce, with so many others injured. So on Bengals Bye Week, the Bengals and Fans can play I Spy and scout how 49ers look on Monday Night. Don't go on that rain game in Cleveland. Monday Night will show more what Bengals are up against in next game.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Game's in San Fran (Bengals historically don't play well on the west coast)
4:25pm start.
Bengals offense still looks out of sorts a little.
Don't expect San Fran's kicker to miss as time expires to bail the Bengals out.

San Fran by 2 TD's 31-17
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2023, 07:17 AM)kevin Wrote: I was going to start a thread ' Spying Ahead On After Bye Week ". but I'll put it in here.

I was going to say that as Bengals have bye week for Burrow and Higgins and others to rest and get healthy. Meanwhile 49ers got pretty injured and have to play Monday Night in Minnesota. The 49ers still have a power house team, but last I saw McCaffrey was injured which is a huge loss, and I think Samuel was injured. Purdy had a bad game with the wet ball in Cleveland, but so did Burrow in the rain in Cleveland.

So as a Bengal Fan, I think I may watch Monday Night and see how 49ers look and who is injured and who isn't. I'm thinking 49ers will have to go back to throwing to TE Kittle more, for they don't have the luxury of just using him as a blocker if other stars are injured. I'm interested to see how good or bad Purdy looks at QB also. Every QB for 49ers was looking good with McCaffrey and all these pass targets and the great O Line, but how good do 49ers QBs look minus some offensive stars.

I can't watch Browns, Steelers, Ravens if they are on, because I just get bored. I can't watch them as a Bengals Fan. However the 49ers on Monday Night, I am interested how they look after that rain game in Cleveland, and how they look now with key injuries. What changes does the 49ers coach make to take on Vikings in Minnesota. 49ers can't look a game ahead to Bengals, but Bengals can look at 49ers. What injury adjustments do 49ers make on Monday Night Football ? 49ers will have to change the offense if no McCaffrey, that is a huge change. Plus because 49ers got McCaffrey, the 49ers let some good RB's end up on Miami as they help Dolphins win.

I won't make a Bengals vs 49ers prediction until I see 49ers on Monday Night, and that game will tell a lot. I don't think 49ers offense All Powerful without McCaffrey and if Samuel out, even more so. They do have Kittle, and I look for them to go back to using him like Kelce, with so many others injured. So on Bengals Bye Week, the Bengals and Fans can play I Spy and scout how 49ers look on Monday Night. Don't go on that rain game in Cleveland. Monday Night will show more what Bengals are up against in next game.

It does seem reasonable to wait to see what we get out of San Francisco this week. Think they will come out on fire after that Cleveland game but it really depends on whether Samuel and McCaffery play as that changes the calculus. Also it’s tough to judge how much better the Bengals could look out of the bye, though I will concede some of their problems look like they will take more than a week to iron out.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2023, 09:03 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Game's in San Fran (Bengals historically don't play well on the west coast)
4:25pm start.
Bengals offense still looks out of sorts a little.
Don't expect San Fran's kicker to miss as time expires to bail the Bengals out.

San Fran by 2 TD's   31-17

I think this is pretty close. And doesn't matter how many players on SF is hurt as opposing teams 2nd and 3rd stringers always play like pro bowlers against us. Haven't people seen this movie before?

With our 1 dimensional offense Chase and occasional Mixon runs, SF doesn't have a lot to be worried about. I'd like to see a Bengal offense where I couldn't predict the plays from my TV set.
Reply/Quote
They're gonna kill us Barney

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
A top 3 Defense (rivals the Browns) .....+ a SICK O......?

I predict a VERY PAINFUL DAY for the good guys Sad
Reply/Quote
Bengals D shows up and offense gets it going. Bengals 24 49ers 17
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
49ers 30
Bengals 21
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2023, 12:05 PM)tBengal Wrote: 49ers 30
Bengals 21

I like the nine-point differential, but I think their D limits our scoring opportunities to FG attempts.  Leggs goes 4/5 on those, with three successful from 50+.

Niners 21
Bengals 12

Sad
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
The Bengals find a way to exceed expectations, and we've competed against the same team with a worse roster and should've won.

Bengals know they need this one. Not saying our D is as good as Cleveland's. But I think Anarumo will draft a game plan that has Big **** Brock reeling.

Will the offense struggle? Tough to say. I think Brown/Williams are up to the challenge. I don't see Bosa wrecking the game.

Bengals find a way to get on top of big **** Brock. A late pick and some defensive heroics FTW.

Bengals-17
49ers-16
Reply/Quote
Could easily see this being a 30+ point blowout for 49ers

Have no idea how anyone could pick us seriously
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2023, 01:45 PM)Housh Wrote: Could easily see this being a 30+ point blowout for 49ers

Have no idea how anyone could pick us seriously

x2
Reply/Quote
Close game, it just depends on if the coaches get it together and if Burrow and our guys had enough rest over the bye.

49ers - 23
Bengals - 24

Last second McPherson kick to put us over the top. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Bengals - 10
49ers - 33
Reply/Quote
Sucks cause we could really use this win but I’m honestly operating as if we’ll be 3-4.

Just gotta win a bunch after the San Fran game and pray to God that the division remains a dog fight
-Housh
Reply/Quote
You guys are pretty negative, it should be competitive and it's fair to say they are the better team but 30+ blowout? Don't know about that.

Also without McCaffrey that offense looked mediocre but we will see how they adjust if he misses time.

I still give us a good chance, we should be playing more desperate coming off the bye vs a team that will likely be 6-1 so hopefully that translates to a win.

I think it'll be a one possession game either way. 
Reply/Quote
^^McC is probably playing

If he is a maybe for the Vikings game Monday, it’s likely he will be able to go against us.

This was posted 24 hours ago……

“McCaffrey, wide receiver Deebo Samuel (shoulder) and left tackle Trent Williams (ankle) were not scheduled to go through practice on Thursday, Shanahan said. Each is listed as day-to-day, Shanahan said.

The 49ers return to action Monday night against the Minnesota Vikings, and are keeping the door open for each of those players to be available”
Reply/Quote
If McCaffrey and Samuel play, I don't have high confidence in a win.
Even if McCaffrey doesn't play, Shanahan always finds ways to carve up the Bengals on the ground, and they still have Mitchell who is solid.
I'm not overly worried about Aiyuk, but I do worry about Kittle because TEs always hurt the Bengals defense.
Add in this is in SF and I really have my doubts.

49ers have the 2nd most Points For, and the least Points Allowed.

49ers - 27
Bengals - 20
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote