Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals vs Dolphins Predictions Thread
Dolphins run defense is not very good from my understanding so, if we can get Jeremy Hill the ball often and create some running room we should be fine in this one... supposed to RAIN... so the running game will be essential. The game that will really give us a good idea will be the Dallas game.. Folks.. if we can go on the road in the dome and come out with a win that will boost morale.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 09:14 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: To be fair our OL hasn't been good at opening holes for our run game in a while.

The last Cincinnati Bengal win a league rushing title was Paul Robinson.

In 1968.

In the AFL.

Sad
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Like others have said:

Miami has our number, short week (and this team full of talent - needs a lot of practice), Prime Time, O-line sucks and going against another good D line, our defense is not on the same page, Zampese !

I don't have a good feeling and yes this basically is a must win game. Historically we don't do well in em. We'll pull our head out of our @$$ in the 4th but it will be to late.

Miami 22

Bengals 16
Reply/Quote
My big fear is the Bengals will lose on national television but the team will consider it a success because Ndamukong Suh didn't rip Andy Dalton's head off.
Reply/Quote
They sure as hell aren't going to run the ball on us so I'm putting this one on the secondary. If they show up, we win.
Reply/Quote
Bengals 28

Dolphins 13
Reply/Quote
Yes, Burfict will play and while he's in, and he will help, but with the primetime and now the recently revealed crippled secondary, I don't see how they get a win tomorrow night.
Reply/Quote
This is the worst team we play in the first 6 besides maybe the Cowboys and we are coming off a frustrating
loss and Burfict is back. I think the OL should take it on themselves and hold themselves accountable after
these terrible first 3 weeks. I see a big day for one of our backs and a couple of our WR's along with Uzomah.

Dalton should have another big game and our Secondary should get their shit together. Adam had probably
his worst day as a Bengal against the Broncos, he should rebound. CLH did his best on the Thomas TD, can't
blame him for that one. Overall i think we bounce back big time in this game even if it is in primetime...

Bengals - 35
Dolphins - 16
Reply/Quote
I thought we had a big win in Prime Time against Denver that kind of put this Prime Time thing to rest.....We can win in Prime Time and we can beat the Dolphins.....I think after that play-off loss Bengals are a team ready to blow a team off the field in Prime Time. .....I still think Bengals win and some Bengals even put up some nice Fantasy Football points in this one.....The Bengals still have a lot of talent across the board, and they are a ticking time bomb ready to beat the heck out of a team. Good chance it is Thursday Night. A team that has had 5 straight play-off seasons shows it is focused on 6 straight Thursday Night.

Bengals go to 2-2 and nobody on this team is thinking of the 2017 draft. The heck with the draft. This team wants to get back to the play-offs and win in the play-offs. Hill is a good example of that driven focus. This team wants the 32nd pick in the next draft and this trophy I continue to use as my photo.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 07:58 PM)kevin Wrote: I thought we had a big win in Prime Time against Denver that kind of put this Prime Time thing to rest.....We can win in Prime Time and we can beat the Dolphins.....I think after that play-off loss Bengals are a team ready to blow a team off the field in Prime Time. .....I still think Bengals win and some Bengals even put up some nice Fantasy Football points in this one.....The Bengals still have a lot of talent across the board, and they are a ticking time bomb ready to beat the heck out of a team.  Good chance it is Thursday Night.  A team that has had 5 straight play-off seasons shows it is focused on 6 straight Thursday Night.

The Bengals typically win 1 big stage game out of 4 or 5 every year.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 08:04 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: The Bengals typically win 1 big stage game out of 4 or 5 every year.

[Image: 50246-so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-c-RHL9.jpeg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 09:12 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: [Image: 50246-so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-c-RHL9.jpeg]

There's always a chance, but with the schedule this year, I'd say the odds are more in their favor with the Redskins primetime game.  New guys have more experience, Eifert should be back, and the game is on at 9:30am not as many watching.
Reply/Quote
I'm not even sure NFL Network IS Prime Time.....The Thursday Night games shown on a major network were, but this game is only on NFL Network....Heck, a day game on CBS is seen by more viewers. ....The NFL Network only games are nothing to brag about and why the last place Browns get in these games. I would say the best Prime Time game is the one on NBC and second best is if Thursday Night is on CBS or something like that. Third is ESPN and dead last is NFL Network only.

I think Bengals win in what is a questionable prime time game, due to NFL Network only. Yes it is a night game, just not on a major network as the first few Thursday Night games. With new TVs digital and converter boxes for the few old TVs, the rising prices of cable not in balance with a struggling economy, people are turning in their cable and satellite boxes by the millions. People are finding they can live without the thousands of dollars a year cable bill that provides such garbage as weekly Rocky Movie Marathons, the same Christmas movie ran 24 hours or the burning Christmas fireplace log shown 24 hours. Digital TVs, the internet and new tech are going to make the glory days of cable go the way of the 8 track and the VCR, unless they extremely reduce their prices by half or more the going rate.

Bengals go to 2-2 on the lesser of all the night time game network channels.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 10:01 PM)kevin Wrote: I'm not even sure NFL Network IS Prime Time.....The Thursday Night games shown on a major network were, but this game is only on NFL Network....Heck, a day game on CBS is seen by more viewers. ....The NFL Network only games are nothing to brag about and why the last place Browns get in these games.  I would say the best Prime Time game is the one on NBC and second best is if Thursday Night is on CBS or something like that. Third is ESPN and dead last is NFL Network only.

I think Bengals win in what is a questionable prime time game, due to NFL Network only.  Yes it is a night game, just not on a major network as the first few Thursday Night games.  With new TVs digital and converter boxes for the few old TVs, the rising prices of cable not in balance with a struggling economy, people are turning in their cable and satellite boxes by the millions.  People are finding they can live without the thousands of dollars a year cable bill that provides such garbage as weekly Rocky Movie Marathons, the same Christmas movie ran 24 hours or the burning Christmas fireplace log shown 24 hours.  Digital TVs, the internet and new tech are going to make the glory days of cable go the way of the 8 track and the VCR, unless they extremely reduce their prices by half or more the going rate.

I like to define them as 'big stage' games Kevin, which simply means an NFL game that is the only game being played in the NFL at that particular time, regardless if it's only on NFL Network.  In other words, if you want to watch an NFL football game live, you only have one choice.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 10:01 PM)kevin Wrote: I'm not even sure NFL Network IS Prime Time.....The Thursday Night games shown on a major network were, but this game is only on NFL Network....Heck, a day game on CBS is seen by more viewers. ....The NFL Network only games are nothing to brag about and why the last place Browns get in these games.  I would say the best Prime Time game is the one on NBC and second best is if Thursday Night is on CBS or something like that. Third is ESPN and dead last is NFL Network only.

I think Bengals win in what is a questionable prime time game, due to NFL Network only.  Yes it is a night game, just not on a major network as the first few Thursday Night games.  With new TVs digital and converter boxes for the few old TVs, the rising prices of cable not in balance with a struggling economy, people are turning in their cable and satellite boxes by the millions.  People are finding they can live without the thousands of dollars a year cable bill that provides such garbage as weekly Rocky Movie Marathons, the same Christmas movie ran 24 hours or the burning Christmas fireplace log shown 24 hours.  Digital TVs, the internet and new tech are going to make the glory days of cable go the way of the 8 track and the VCR, unless they extremely reduce their prices by half or more the going rate.

True, i can't watch it unless i go to the bar or better yet get a decent stream...

Not worth it getting NFL Network and especially ESPN that has turned pretty much into Entertainment Tonight.

It is always the same shit on Dish and way too expensive.
Reply/Quote
The game will match the weather. Gloomy and messy.

Bengals - 20
'Phins - 16
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 09:21 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The last Cincinnati Bengal win a league rushing title was Paul Robinson.

In 1968.

In the AFL.

Sad

Kind of surprised Dillon never got a title...
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2016, 01:46 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Dalton and Green have a great game this week. Our rushing game still might have issues. I say the Bengals win this one 28-10 and go 2-2. There will be a deep reception from AJ in the game. The Bengals D steps up with Burfict back.

The fourth prediction in a row that I have been in the ballpark. There was a deep reception from Dalton to Green. The Bengals D stepped it up after the first quarter fiasco with the deep TD pass. The final score 22-7 Bengals is also pretty close.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote

Re-watching the game right now and they had a promo for next Thursday night's Cardinals/49ers game, which will be broadcast on both NFL Network and CBS.  Anyone know why last night's game was not on CBS when next week's game will be?
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 10:11 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: Re-watching the game right now and they had a promo for next Thursday night's Cardinals/49ers game, which will be broadcast on both NFL Network and CBS.  Anyone know why last night's game was not on CBS when next week's game will be?

(Whispering)  It's part of the anti-Bengals conspiracy.
Reply/Quote