Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals vs Eagles Predictions
Bengals 27
Eagles 24

My hope is with no spring camps, no preseason, with extra time between games, Bengals O Line starts coming together in Game 3. I expected the O Line to start sloppy, and they were. Burrow is getting popped on every play and some NFL O Lines never let their QB get hit. THAT has to improve or the top pick QB is going to be another Greg Cook. So I want to see better pass blocking, better run blocking more than anything out of Bengals Sunday.

I think the New Dey Bengals can get better each week. They have played 2 close games. I'm more worried about the blocking than the D. They must protect The Superstar, as in The Longest Yard. Protect that QB. The blocking should get better each week as new line comes together. An O Line that really needed preseason, but did not get it. Hopefully Jonah Williams matures into a good blocker and the rest of the line upgrades, as Munoz first games in 1980.

GO BENGALS
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2020, 09:34 AM)kevin Wrote: Bengals 27
Eagles 24

My hope is with no spring camps, no preseason, with extra time between games, Bengals O Line starts coming together in Game 3.   I expected the O Line to start sloppy, and they were.  Burrow is getting popped on every play and some NFL O Lines never let their QB get hit.  THAT has to improve or the top pick QB is going to be another Greg Cook.  So I want to see better pass blocking, better run blocking more than anything out of Bengals Sunday.

I think the New Dey Bengals can get better each week.  They have played 2 close games.  I'm more worried about the blocking than the D. They must protect The Superstar, as in The Longest Yard. Protect that QB.  The blocking should get better each week as new line comes together.  An O Line that really needed preseason, but did not get it.  Hopefully Jonah Williams matures into a good blocker and the rest of the line upgrades, as Munoz first games in 1980.

GO BENGALS

Both teams OLs are having a sucky season so far. However, the Bengals offense is currently averaging 23 points per game whereas the Eagles are averaging 18 points per game so I think Cincy is doing a better job overcoming their poor OL play.

Thus, I predict the Bengals to win 27-20.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
This is a winnable game. Wentz has been terrible. Our ability to cover their tight ends will be the key (they have two really good pass catching tight tends, Ertz and Goedert). But their other offensive weapons are nothing to write home about, and their OL is banged up. We also have had longer to rest up and prepare than they have.

And frankly, it's almost a must-win. We have to win either this game or Jacksonville or both, because after that it's a murderer's row schedule: Ravens, Colts, Browns, Titans. I really don't want to go into the bye week without a single win.

Last I looked we were 6.5 point underdogs, but I think we win a close game 27-24 ish.
Reply/Quote
The Eagles look pretty beatable. They kind of reminded me of us last year considering how they just look lost out there. I predict that our defense finally clicks but Cox and the Eagles d-line does as well and troubles us.
17-10 Bengals. Our first W of the Burrow era! WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
20-17 Bengals.

Two TDs and two FGs win it.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I think the offense gets a little more comfortable, Burrow has another nice game and Mixon shows up more. Both of these teams are pretty bad, but I think Cincinnati has played slightly better. I’ll take Cinci by 3.

24-21
Reply/Quote
the Bengals are 6.5-point underdogs. That’s surprising considering the Eagles haven’t looked much better.
Reply/Quote
Eagles 23
Bengals 21

The madness continues
Reply/Quote
Wentz has 2 TDs and 4 INTs through 2 games, and their offense is averaging 18 pts.
Their RBs are not as good as LAC or CLE.

I'll actually predict a Bengals win here: 24 - 20
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Don't mean to be a Debbie Downer (wife's name is Debbie btw) but it seems no matter what another team's problems are, they seem to get better when they play the Bengals. 

Until this team develops a mindset that they can win any game they're in and not go in all passive, looking to react to whatever happens, they will continue to lose. 

I haven't seen any ability or want of Zac Taylor to implement anything to exploit another team's weakness. The Browns were ready to implode and the Bengals did nothing to try and apply pressure to push them over the edge. Basic game plan, react, try to stay close and pull it out in the end. They don't have the talent in enough areas to do that. 

Unless something drastic changes, i see an L this week, a maybe next week and then the very real possibility of 1-7 at the bye. If that happens, there are 5 almost guaranteed losses in the 2nd half of the year. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Iggles 31
Bengals 24

Big day for Miles Sanders.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Burrow has been pretty solid thus far, I'm predicting that changes and he has a bad game against the Eagles. Like mama said, sometimes there will be days like this.

Bengals 10
Eagles 24
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
Bengals 35, Eagle 17
Burrow comes out and lights it up, while Mixon goes for over 100 on the ground
Reply/Quote
The Eagles basically have the same problems the Bengals do. Bad Oline play and bad rush defense. They will have two advantages; playing at home and better coaching staff.

Bengals 24
Eagles 35
Reply/Quote
Bengals 17 - Eagles 30

Play calling is so conservative, the Eagles don't have to scratch their head to figure us out. 2nd half adjustments takes the Eagles up to 30 pts. Game over.
Reply/Quote
Bengals 30-17
Reply/Quote
27 20 eagles Burrow throws for 2TD's no picks. He still wont have a 25 yard pass and AJ will continually be thrown under the bus for another week.
Reply/Quote
Eagles 33
Bengals 20
Reply/Quote
I think we have a real shot in this game.

Bengals 33

Eagles 27
Reply/Quote
Eagles - 27
Bengals -13

Sorry, i just have zero faith in our coaching staff right now. I hope they prove me wrong, but until then I'll probably be predicting losses.
Reply/Quote