Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals vs Ravens 8:15 PM Sunday
(01-09-2023, 02:10 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I think he’s fine. He used to be really boring with ESPN, but with NBC he has upped his energy level.

(01-09-2023, 02:16 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He is another in a long line that brings more energy for the opposing team, whenever we play.

And he says low hanging fruit, "sound bites," and shit, like he's trying to be edgy or like he's a master strategist, challenging something just to talk shit.l (just see the, "early," whistle in our playoff game last year. He went on the entire game bringing up, "well if that didn't happen... Blah blah," and wouldn't shut up about it).

There aren't a ton of guys like that in the business anymore, but I find it REALLY egregious in baseball and there are more of them there, but Tirico definitely fits the mould.

Harlan, Ian Eagle and Nantz are the gold standard for professional and good quality play by play commentary, in football (CBS still the best).

Wanted to bring this back and yes, while the Hubbard call was stupendous, this was honestly the BEST game I've ever heard Tirico commentate: he was on the ball all game and did a superb job.

That skeevy edginess came back at the end of the game though (why aren't you calling timeouts and why are you huddling? blah, blah), which is (again), not great: you can point it out without disparaging the team for the decision, as that's unprofessional.

But yeah, his best game he's called by far.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote