Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals went after Kubiak
(01-07-2019, 03:40 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Also why didn't Mike just fire Marvin when the skids fell off 3/4 into the season and promote Lazor. I've got a horrible feeling, but to be fair it's never a good feeling about this team anyway so...yeeea

Because Mike Brown is loyal to a fault, and would not do that to Marvin after 16 years.  All of this is conjecture anyway, and no one has any idea how good of a head coach Lazor, Simmons, Bieniemy, or any of the rest of them who have never been head coaches before will be. Lazor could get a job and go to the Super Bowl first year and Bieniemy could get a job and go 1-15. There's just no way of knowing until they get the chance. I have my favorite candidates, but I'll give any of them a chance. Except for Hue, he's already had 2 chances.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 03:36 PM)Benton Wrote: This makes me think the hc is already in house and already chosen, just not named. My hope would be that it's lazor as the alternative is depressing.

This is where I think I disagree with a lot of people on this message board.

In terms of in house candidates, I would take Hue over both Lazor and Simmons.

I would just take an outside person over all three of them.

Lazor is so ***** vanilla it's hard to even fathom him being anything other than a yes man for Mikey. At least Hue has some personality.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 02:53 PM)McC Wrote: And the plot thickens.  

He is one guy who knows how to run the ball.

well we are looking at the pass game coordinator from LA rams.  so that could have been a good combo
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 02:35 PM)jj22 Wrote: For OC. But was denied by Denver.

Interesting relating to the HC position, as a top OC candidate like that would have full control of the offense.

Would that have opened up the door for a DC candidate?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25696938/denver-broncos-blocking-teams-interviewing-gary-kubiak-offensive-coordinator-openings

Bastid ponies. Always liked Kubiak damn it.
Reply/Quote