Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals went after Kubiak
(01-06-2019, 03:36 PM)Benton Wrote: This makes me think the hc is already in house and already chosen, just not named. My hope would be that it's lazor as the alternative is depressing.

So they loaded up the crew and headed to KC and LA for nothing?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 03:36 PM)Benton Wrote: This makes me think the hc is already in house and already chosen, just not named. My hope would be that it's lazor as the alternative is depressing.

Unless it's Simmons. If it's that other guy I very well may become a member of Capt. Andrew Luck's army:

https://twitter.com/CaptAndrewLuck
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 02:39 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Ya know .....I used to cheer for Elway....but more and more, I'm discovering I just don't like him very much.

He's always been an asshole. I rooted for him in that SB against the Packers, but only because the NFC had won umpteen straight champions in a row at that point.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I think more likely it means Joseph is a top candidate. If they want to keep Lazor as OC then their best bet is to hire Zac Taylor. They all come from that Dolphin tree and have worked together before at different stops including college. That connection is there.

They have their HC option if they want to keep Lazor as OC. No need to promote him to keep him (and avoid paying him while fired).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Hope this isn't a sign that our HC is already on staff. SMH Please say it ain't so.
Reply/Quote
If it’s anyone in house I’m moving on I’m tired of the lazy garbage
Reply/Quote
Well they tried to make a good move.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 03:14 PM)McC Wrote: I don't think I get the connection.

I don't either
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 03:28 PM)Big Boss Wrote: If they are actively pursuing OC candidates, it stands to reason that they are expecting a vacancy.  That means one of two things

1. Lazor is going to be fired.
2. Lazor is going to be promoted.

Options. He's under contract so he's probably being kept around as OC, or if not def OC, the option that the new HC may be willing to keep him around for a year. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I shouldn’t have read this. I feel like y’all be pooping in my sandbox.
Reply/Quote
Has anyone interviewed Hue or Lazor for a head coaching job besides the Bengals?
Reply/Quote
I don't think any of this means there's a chance in hell that Lazor gets the job. He's done zero to show that he's HC material. There's not a single team in the league that would consider him for a HC vacancy. He's a very average guy who, if we're honest, is pretty far behind the curve as far as innovation goes relating to modern NFL offenses.

I might be in the minority, but I think there's little chance that they promote internally. They know full well what will happen if they do, and it won't be a healthy thing for the franchise. Mike Brown may crave familiarity, but Katie will step in a talk some sense into him, just as she did with the Lewis hire. If they go internal, I think it's an effort to get the team moved. Bottom out fan interest in Cincinnati and bail when the stadium agreement expires. Katie and Troy have made allusions to getting payback against the county for being salty about the family fleecing them when PBS was funded.

Vance Joseph is the only guy I see with ties to the organization that has a shot. Not a great option, but could be worse, I guess.
Reply/Quote

Lazor is depressing as well, just to a lesser degree.  So, a slight improvement over Hue.  Like, you're surgeon taking out your appendix with a brand new saw instead of with a rusty old saw.  However, if they went through all of these gymnastics just to wind up picking the schmuck down the hall, then they're flipping off the entire fanbase and PBS will be a ghost town next September.  Hope the old man has more sense than that.  I do hope.

(01-06-2019, 03:42 PM)jason Wrote: He's always been an asshole. I rooted for him in that SB against the Packers, but only because the NFC had won umpteen straight champions in a row at that point.

My mom is a diehard Broncos fans, and thinks Elway hung the damn moon, so I hold my tongue about him around her.  Meh, he ****** Cleveland out of two SB appearances, so he aint all bad  Smirk
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
This may be a long shot but it could mean that Zac Taylor may also be in the running as OC if not head coach.

I am just worried the Eric Bieniemy's past brushes with the law may turn the front office off but then again, it may actually work to his favor given Mike Brown's penchant to rehabilitate and second chances mentality.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I'd take Kubiak at HC so long as he and his doctors were good with it.
Reply/Quote
I dont think it means anything other than uncovering all possibilities. Mikey never has a plan or scheme so lets let this play out and see if he screws it up.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 03:40 PM)McC Wrote: So they loaded up the crew and headed to KC and LA for nothing?

Due dilligence. 
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 03:40 PM)McC Wrote: So they loaded up the crew and headed to KC and LA for nothing?

Tire kicking?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I suspect it means the hire is in house, elsewise would they not want the new HC to have some input on who the OC, DC and ST coaches are?
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 03:33 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Or...

It could mean that every candidate interviewed said, "I would love to come to the Bengals. You have an QB that I can work with, a true 1 WR, great RB's and that's just on the Offensive side of the ball. Of course if I do accept the job we are going to have to work on that O-Line and definitely upgrade the LB's but if Lazor is the OC, I can't really see any success."

Don't forget, we also have a legit #2 receiver as well.....
Reply/Quote