Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Besides Burrow
(02-03-2020, 10:43 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I am sure some SF fans said the same thing...

SF also has a top notch coaching staff and a good GM that has turned over the roster. The Bengals have neither.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 04:19 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: SF also has a top notch coaching staff and a good GM that has turned over the roster.  The Bengals have neither.

I honestly think that the main thing that needs to happen this Offseason is Taylor NEEDS to hand over the play calling to 
someone else. Even if Taylor was a decent play caller it is too much to put on his plate. I will be much more positive if this 
happens and someone else is calling the plays going into this season.

That way the coaching staff can improve under Taylor as he can do more of the communicating that McVay said he was so
good at and learn to coach this team up. This isn't impossible, and great coaches don't just come out of nowhere and become
great without struggling some early on. Kyle Shanahan has been around for a long time and Andy Reid has been around 
forever. It takes some time to become top notch.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 02:25 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Eric Bieniemy is still right there..

Gaah

He won’t be for long.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 11:21 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yes, he will be back. The only question is if it will be on a mulit-year deal (which I think will happen) or on the tag. Either way, he's coming back.

(02-03-2020, 12:55 PM)J24 Wrote: He'll be back at least on the Tag; maybe he will be traded but I find that highly unlikely.

I think we should draft a KJ Hill or similar like player at WR this year.
LB is a must I hope they sign Littleton and agree on the 3T although I do like Brown at that position.

You guys have much more confidence than I do, I just hope that you're right.  As it would be a huge advantage for a rookie QB to have a master of his craft, like AJ Green, to help ease him into the NFL.

I also like KJ Hill, along with several other WRs in this year's draft.  However, every time I do a mock it seems that either;  A:  There is a really good player of another need at or near the top of the board.  B:  I scroll 20-30 players down from the top and there are still plenty of good WRs to be taken, so I end up pushing WR to rounds 5-6.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 08:55 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Is AJ Green really going to be back?  Seems like there's still some negotiating to take place, a deal to be agreed upon, and a sizeable financial transaction that needs to take place before we can say things like AJ Green is coming back.

Do I think he should be back? No. He is not the AJ from 4 years ago. If he was I would say pay the man!! Do I think he will be back? Yes. This will be a comfortable move for the front office and will eat up a lot of cap space. This will allow the front office to say we spent on free agency and also allow enough spent for them to do their fuzzy math and say they have no money for other free agents allowing them to sit back and relax.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 06:04 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Do I think he should be back? No. He is not the AJ from 4 years ago. If he was I would say pay the man!! Do I think he will be back? Yes. This will be a comfortable move for the front office and will eat up a lot of cap space. This will allow the front office to say we spent on free agency and also allow enough spent for them to do their fuzzy math and say they have no money for other free agents allowing them to sit back and relax.

There was no signs of his production dropping off last time he was healthy. He had just a hair under 700 yds and 6 TD’s through 9 games.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 04:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You guys have much more confidence than I do, I just hope that you're right.  As it would be a huge advantage for a rookie QB to have a master of his craft, like AJ Green, to help ease him into the NFL.

I also like KJ Hill, along with several other WRs in this year's draft.  However, every time I do a mock it seems that either;  A:  There is a really good player of another need at or near the top of the board.  B:  I scroll 20-30 players down from the top and there are still plenty of good WRs to be taken, so I end up pushing WR to rounds 5-6.
It would be interesting to see if a team is willing to give up a second for him. Hell maybe a team like the Bears would want to pair AJ and Andy together again and we get both their second RD picks.
Also I think the Bengals might be willing to sign a WR for depth purposes in FA.
(02-03-2020, 06:04 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Do I think he should be back? No. He is not the AJ from 4 years ago. If he was I would say pay the man!! Do I think he will be back? Yes. This will be a comfortable move for the front office and will eat up a lot of cap space. This will allow the front office to say we spent on free agency and also allow enough spent for them to do their fuzzy math and say they have no money for other free agents allowing them to sit back and relax.

This to a degree.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Aging core, rookie QB, most likely not going to have your best receiver (who is injury prone and also aging). Still weak at linebacker and offensive line.

Sorry, but I just don't see it.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 06:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There was no signs of his production dropping off last time he was healthy. He had just a hair under 700 yds and 6 TD’s through 9 games.

He can't stay healthy though. Thats the point and part of his age decline. The dude has played like 5 games in two seasons... 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 06:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There was no signs of his production dropping off last time he was healthy. He had just a hair under 700 yds and 6 TD’s through 9 games.

And Andrew Luck had over 4500 yards and 40 tds that year.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 06:24 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He can't stay healthy though. Thats the point and part of his age decline. The dude has played like 5 games in two seasons... 

People never thought we’d see Eifert play a whole season again either. AJ’s injuries have been flukes, and bad luck. It’s not one persistent problem nagging him.

If he’s healthy, and on the field, I’m betting he’s still plenty productive. Especially with a QB like Burrow.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 06:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And Andrew Luck had over 4500 yards and 40 tds that year.

Wtf does that have to do with anything? AJ wants to play. Luck doesn’t.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 06:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Wtf does that have to do with anything? AJ wants to play. Luck doesn’t.

"Want" has nothing to do with it.

It is silly to say injuries have not eroded Greens skills when he could not play at all last year.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 06:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: "Want" has nothing to do with it.

It is silly to say injuries have not eroded Greens skills when he could not play at all last year.

Bs. We’ve never seen AJ on the field failing to produce. Period.

You’re just assuming his skill has diminished. But you have absolutely no proof. If AJ plays 16 games next season what kind of numbers do you predict he’ll have?

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 06:23 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Aging core, rookie QB, most likely not going to have your best receiver (who is injury prone and also aging). Still weak at linebacker and offensive line.

Sorry, but I just don't see it.
1.) We actually have a good young core yeah there some old guys on our team but the Core isn't.
2.) Rookie QBs have had success in this league it's not a death sentence.
3.) Pratt played well and Jonah will be an anchor at OT.
(02-03-2020, 06:24 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He can't stay healthy though. Thats the point and part of his age decline. The dude has played like 5 games in two seasons... 

None of those injuries have been career threatening he should be fine.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 06:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Bs. We’ve never seen AJ on the field failing to produce. Period.

You’re just assuming his skill has diminished. But you have absolutely no proof. If AJ plays 16 games next season what kind of numbers do you predict he’ll have?

AJ will have a great season if he can stay healthy, especially with Burrow. I have no doubt.

(02-03-2020, 07:09 PM)J24 Wrote: 1.) We actually have a good young core yeah there some old guys on our team but the Core isn't.
2.) Rookie QBs have had success in this league it's not a death sentence.
3.) Pratt played well and Jonah will be an anchor at OT.

None of those injuries have been career threatening he should be fine.

When did we go from being one of the youngest rosters in the NFL to an aging Core in one season?

I guess everyone is aging lol
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 10:43 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I am sure some SF fans said the same thing...

2018 49ers: 
16th in total offense
13th rushing offense
13th total defense

2019 Bengals:
26th total offense
25th rushing offense
29th total defense

Yup, totally the same situation. Ninja

That's not even touching the coaching quality differences. Or the fact that the 49ers went out and signed real free agents, too. Richard Sherman, Kwon Alexander, Weston Richburg.. traded for Dee Ford.

(02-03-2020, 01:45 PM)sandwedge Wrote: So you saw improvement as the year wore on and you want to shit can the coaching staff......

The Bengals only played 2 winning teams in the second half of the year, and they lost those games by a combined score of 83-26.

They "improved" because they played worse teams, and still finished the second half of the season 2-6. Even if you want some blind optimism to pace it over an entire year, that's still 4-12... which is still god awful.

(02-03-2020, 06:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: People never thought we’d see Eifert play a whole season again either. AJ’s injuries have been flukes, and bad luck. It’s not one persistent problem nagging him.

If he’s healthy, and on the field, I’m betting he’s still plenty productive. Especially with a QB like Burrow.

...and Eifert didn't play a whole season again. He made 4 starts, became a backup, played well less than half of the snaps, and posted the lowest yards per catch of his career by more than a full yard.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 07:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 2018 49ers: 
16th in total offense
13th rushing offense
13th total defense

2019 Bengals:
26th total offense
25th rushing offense
29th total defense

Yup, totally the same situation. Ninja

The Bengals only played 2 winning teams in the second half of the year, and they lost those games by a combined score of 83-26.

They "improved" because they played worse teams, and still finished the second half of the season 2-6. Even if you want some blind optimism to pace it over an entire year, that's still 4-12... which is still god awful.

...and Eifert didn't play a whole season again. He made 4 starts, became a backup, played well less than half of the snaps, and posted the lowest yards per catch of his career by more than a full yard.

Yes Eifert did play a whole season. 16 games is a whole season last time I checked. Did I say he started every game? Point is he didn’t break the first time he took a hit like so many people here thought he would. And his numbers were obviously not great, but he did have the 2nd most receptions of his career.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 07:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: ...and Eifert didn't play a whole season again. He made 4 starts, became a backup, played well less than half of the snaps, and posted the lowest yards per catch of his career by more than a full yard.

Eifert's injuries were significantly worse than AJ's man. Eifert is a mere shadow of his 2015 self after all his injuries.

Can you just try and be a little bit positive for once?
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 07:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yes Eifert did play a whole season. 16 games is a whole season last time I checked. Did I say he started every game? Point is he didn’t break the first time he took a hit like so many people here thought he would. And his numbers were obviously not great, but he did have the 2nd most receptions of his career.

You said he PLAYED a whole season. Being active and on the bench isn't playing, if you want to get pedantic.

Nobody should be bragging about how durable Tyler Eifert when he plays like 27% or 35% of the offensive snaps in a game. That's like bragging about how your mom's antique china she only uses for Christmas and Thanksgiving meals is super durable because it's lasted for 150 years or whatever. The only reason it doesn't break is because it's not getting used.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote