Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Steakhouse
As I take a break from the cookout and games to come in, watch NASCAR qualifying, and digest my steak my mind wonders to some of the best steaks I have eaten in my life. I have to say it is a two way tie; unfortunately I cannot remember the name or the location of one of them.

The one I do remember is Cattleman’s Steakhouse in Fabens, TX.
http://www.cattlemanssteakhouse.com/
It is located on an actual working ranch about 25 miles outside of El Paso. The one I cannot remember is out in the middle of nowhere. We lived in Hunter (outside of Middletown, OH) and it seems we traveled toward Lebanon, Utica area. The name that came to my wife’s mind was Lancaster’s? I seem to remember the sides came in big bowls that everybody at the table shared. Also keep in mind this was over 20 years ago; it may be long gone.

So what steakhouse have you eaten your best steak and does anybody know of the steakhouse I cannot remember?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Had a good one north of Wofford Heights, CA., but really, the only time my steak was done perfectly, is when I cooked it myself on my Lang or Egg.
Reply/Quote
CraftSteak in Vegas at the MGM Grand.
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2015, 08:14 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: CraftSteak in Vegas at the MGM Grand.

Oh, Hell yes!  I forgot about that one.   
Reply/Quote
Precinct in Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2015, 09:01 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Precinct in Cincinnati.

These probably won't be very popular picks, but Outback in Crescent Springs and Texas Roadhouse in Ft. Wright have never given me even an average steak. Always, every time, delectable. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Pine club up here in Dayton
Reply/Quote
Hereford House at the stockyards in KC

Gene and Georgetti's in Chicago
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2015, 09:01 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Precinct in Cincinnati.

This is actually the best steak I've ever had.  I know that there might be better ones out there, but I've never eaten steaks other than chain joints like outback when I'm on the road.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Ponderosa Ninja
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I love steak as much as anyone, but when i drop a lot of money on a meal I want something complex that requires a lot of preparation. I can fix an awesome steak at home very easily.

Not knocking anyone who likes restaurant steaks. I just feel required to inject my opinion in every single thread.
Reply/Quote
Not a steak eater here, when I go to a steak house it's a burger. Everyones always you mean you're going to order a burger instead of steak. I like pork chop,tenderloin, but never cared for steak. Wink
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2015, 03:32 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: Not a steak eater here, when I go to a steak house it's a burger. Everyones always you mean you're going to order a burger instead of steak. I like pork chop,tenderloin, but never cared for steak.  Wink

Get out of this thread!
Reply/Quote
Best steak is one from a fresh cow, grilled over show charcoal and smothered in pepper, salt and butter. But the cow is the key. Get a fresh one from a local producer.
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2015, 04:13 PM)Beaker Wrote: Get out of this thread!

Lol!!! Just never cared for steak. Now I will eat it, but prefer not too. 
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2015, 04:29 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: Lol!!! Just never cared for steak. Now I will eat it, but prefer not too. 

No worries. I'm the same way about lobster. Never was a big fan, but if I mention that people are compelled to ask if I'm in my right mind.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I love Ruth Chris Steakhouse. I always get the Ribeye. The melted butter on the plate is a great touch!
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2015, 09:02 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: No worries.  I'm the same way about lobster.  Never was a big fan, but if I mention that people are compelled to ask if I'm in my right mind.

You don't like lobster?  Are you in your right mind?  Man, you damn Llamas are so picky.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Beef House
Covington IN.
Reply/Quote
Ive been to the precinct, rubys, ruths chris, etc.

I thought ruths chris was extremely average. I wasnt impressed by them at all.

Rubys and the precinct blew them out of the water.

That being said, I honestly enjoy the steaks from outback and longhorn almost as much. Im sure I will get chastised for that, but if you laid them out to me in a blind taste test, I would honestly have trouble telling the difference. The higher end steakhouses just arent worth the price if you ask me.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote