Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Steelers Continue To Be Classless Trashballs
(06-12-2016, 09:14 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Wtf? Do you watch the games of your favorite teams with the sound off and your eyes closed? How do you not pick up a name or ten?

I can name a handful usually. My problem is that we moved from the Pittsburgh area when I was a wee lad and getting any Pittsburgh games on television here is hit and miss. Steelers at least get more air time here, but I can't see a Pirates game unless they are in a playoff game (stop laughing, it could happen) or they are playing the Nats. Same for the Pens, just change out Caps for Nats. Steelers games I have a better chance of catching if they are prime time, but I end up falling asleep during them so I don't watch much of them.

Current Steelers players I can name Roethlisberger, Bell, Brown, Harrison, Moats. Those are the only ones I know for sure that are on the roster at this point.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2016, 11:41 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I can name a handful usually. My problem is that we moved from the Pittsburgh area when I was a wee lad and getting any Pittsburgh games on television here is hit and miss. Steelers at least get more air time here, but I can't see a Pirates game unless they are in a playoff game (stop laughing, it could happen) or they are playing the Nats. Same for the Pens, just change out Caps for Nats. Steelers games I have a better chance of catching if they are prime time, but I end up falling asleep during them so I don't watch much of them.

Current Steelers players I can name Roethlisberger, Bell, Brown, Harrison, Moats. Those are the only ones I know for sure that are on the roster at this point.

Ummm ... The Pirates have made the playoffs in each of the last three seasons .... 
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2016, 05:45 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Ummm ... The Pirates have made the playoffs in each of the last three seasons .... 

Nobody cares.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2016, 09:32 AM)Beaker Wrote: Nobody cares.

Good to know you care!   Cool
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2016, 05:45 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Ummm ... The Pirates have made the playoffs in each of the last three seasons .... 

I thought they just mad the WC, which aren't really the playoffs?

Sorry, just saw they made the division series in 2013. I can't remember much past the last year. I can't tell you what happened beyond the most recent season that ended for any of the three sports teams. LOL

I also have to admit that I pay less attention to the Buccos than I should, mostly because baseball is mind-numbingly boring when watching it on television. I don't know how people can do it. I can go to games just fine, but yeah.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2016, 10:31 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I thought they just mad the WC, which aren't really the playoffs?

Sorry, just saw they made the division series in 2013. I can't remember much past the last year. I can't tell you what happened beyond the most recent season that ended for any of the three sports teams. LOL

I also have to admit that I pay less attention to the Buccos than I should, mostly because baseball is mind-numbingly boring when watching it on television. I don't know how people can do it. I can go to games just fine, but yeah.

How is the WC round not a part of the playoffs?  It's a post season game.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2016, 11:10 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: How is the WC round not a part of the playoffs?  It's a post season game.

I just never saw it as really being part of the playoffs. Just how I viewed it when they came up with it.

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2016, 11:23 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I just never saw it as really being part of the playoffs. Just how I viewed it when they came up with it.

You're welcome to that opinion in what it "looked like".  But, by definition, they were in the playoffs.  
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2016, 09:32 AM)Beaker Wrote: Nobody cares.

I'm sorry, you appear to be of the mistaken notion that I give a rat's ass what you think.  
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2016, 11:59 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I'm sorry, you appear to be of the mistaken notion that I give a rat's ass what you think.  

That might mean something if you mattered.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2016, 11:10 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: How is the WC round not a part of the playoffs?  It's a post season game.

It might help the bungals if the WC round wasn't considered part of the playoffs
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2016, 03:48 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: It might help the bungals if the WC round wasn't considered part of the playoffs

or considered a prime time game
People suck
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2016, 01:27 PM)Beaker Wrote: That might mean something if you mattered.

You just can't shake that mistaken notion, can you?  
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2016, 03:48 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: It might help the bungals if the WC round wasn't considered part of the playoffs

You're right.

I think any team that wins their division shouldn't have to play a WC team, in the first week of the playoffs.

The first week should be WC teams playing one another (isn't this the way it used to be ?).

The WC team should have that extra game to be played as a penalty for not winning their division.

Division winners get an extra week to rest/prepare.

Yes, I'd feel the same way if Pitt won the division and Cincy was the WC.

Win it, or you have to fight even harder.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2016, 05:04 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: You just can't shake that mistaken notion, can you?  

You're mistaken that it's mistaken.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2016, 10:32 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: You're right.

I think any team that wins their division shouldn't have to play a WC team, in the first week of the playoffs.

The first week should be WC teams playing one another (isn't this the way it used to be ?).

The WC team should have that extra game to be played as a penalty for not winning their division.

Division winners get an extra week to rest/prepare.

Yes, I'd feel the same way if Pitt won the division and Cincy was the WC.

Win it, or you have to fight even harder.
The only other way to do it under the current 6 teams make the playoff format, would be for the two WC teams to play each other and the two worst division winners play each other. 

I'd rather keep it the way it is. 

The only way that I see all 4 division winners having a bye would be to expand to 8 teams and Im not sure I'd like the watering down of the playoff system. 
Reply/Quote