Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biden incorrectly calls Trump the first racist POTUS
https://www.businessinsider.com/joe-biden-incorrectly-claims-trump-is-first-racist-president-2020-7

He is racist, but he is not the first nor the most racist. Within the last 100 years, Wilson takes the cake for that one.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2020, 10:43 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: https://www.businessinsider.com/joe-biden-incorrectly-claims-trump-is-first-racist-president-2020-7

He is racist, but he is not the first nor the most racist. Within the last 100 years, Wilson takes the cake for that one.

Yes, but many people say Trump is the best racist president.  No one ever like him, I've heard.  Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2020, 10:43 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: https://www.businessinsider.com/joe-biden-incorrectly-claims-trump-is-first-racist-president-2020-7

To be fair, Joe can't remember much before the past few weeks.   Ninja
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2020, 11:00 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: To be fair, Joe can't remember much before the past few weeks.   Ninja

To be fair, each week this year has felt like a month, so I feel him. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2020, 11:02 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: To be fair, each week this year has felt like a month, so I feel him. 

Probably would have been better to say in our lifetime.  We didn't know what Reagan and Nixon were saying until the tapes came out.  DJT throws out "China Virus" and blames the immigrants he says his new wall is keeping out for the virus.  

Actually now that I think about it Trump might be the best racist president ever...he's not afraid to be racist and xenophobic in public in an age where it is less acceptable than ever.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2020, 11:02 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: To be fair, each week this year has felt like a month, so I feel him. 

You are not lying, this year has felt like a decade.  The Chinese curse is in full effect this year to be sure.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2020, 10:43 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote:
(06-19-2020, 07:49 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Doesn't the Pentagon pay leagues to do the national anthem? I think after this got talked about with the kapernick thing leagues said they would no longer accept Pentagon money to do it, but I thought that's why it started being part of every pre-game. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/joe-biden-incorrectly-claims-trump-is-first-racist-president-2020-7

FDR could give him a run. There were intern camps for Japanese American citizens after all, but hardly anything of the same magnitude for white German Americans (though some were brought in and questioned). And he refused to allow black soldiers to fight. Eventually ones like the Tuskegee Airmen came around and Patton allowed black troops to command a tank battalion I believe. There were few other examples, but not much. Heck 80 years prior in the Civil War, more black troops fought in combat in the last year of the war than all of WW2 multiplied by a ton.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Irony:

Racist=Calling a virus that originated and spread from China the "China Virus"
Not racist= Naming it after the Spanish word for crown.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 01:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Irony:

I don't believe that's applicable here. Due to both Spanish and English sharing some root words with Latin. It's probable that the word corona was chosen as a natural entry from Latin to English. Similar to the word coronation, meaning to crown a king. 
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 01:18 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: I don't believe that's applicable here. Due to both Spanish and English sharing some root words with Latin. It's probable that the word corona was chosen as a natural entry from Latin to English. Similar to the word coronation, meaning to crown a king. 

Yet it came from China

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 01:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yet it came from China

No argument there. I'm just saying the use of the word corona isn't with racist intent.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 01:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yet it came from China

Yet it had a name.  Weird that only Trump and his minions are the only ones calling it the "China Virus". 
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 01:40 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yet it had a name.  Weird that only Trump and his minions are the only ones calling it the "China Virus". 

You'd think Donald "I'm gonna be the only president to stop China from kicking our asses" Trump would be loathe to give China credit for killing so many Americans, but here we are.
Reply/Quote

Well, Latin, actually. It's part of a family of viruses that have had that name since the sixties named Coronaviridae. But hey, whataboutism, right?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 02:21 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Well, Latin, actually. It's part of a family of viruses that have had that name since the sixties named Coronaviridae. But hey, whataboutism, right?

Nearly 25 years after my most recent Latin class I still laugh out loud when I think of Pupienus.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 02:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You'd think Donald "I'm gonna be the only president to stop China from kicking our asses" Trump would be loathe to give China credit for killing so many Americans, but here we are.

I'm sure if the virus gave special superpowers instead of killing people, Trump would absolutely be trying to get his name into the mix. Something like "well sure the virus came from there, but I know Xi, he's a great guy. I made a deal with him to get it over here to give our great citizens superpowers. Many people call it the beautiful Trump China virus. "
Reply/Quote

also Not racist = labeling the Spanish Flu a 100 years ago as such, even though it most likely didn't even originate in Spain or in Latin America.

I don't mind it called the China Flu, eff China afterall. They are still Communist last time I checked and I would not be surprised that they knowingly allowed it to spread around the world. Now if it was labeled the Asian Flu, then that is racist imo.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 01:25 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: No argument there. I'm just saying the use of the word corona isn't with racist intent.

Neither is calling it the China Virus.

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 03:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Neither is calling it the China Virus.

I've never claimed that it is.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 02:21 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Well, Latin, actually. It's part of a family of viruses that have had that name since the sixties named Coronaviridae. But hey, whataboutism, right?

I'm not sure how that's "whataboutisim". I simply pointed to the irony that calling a virus from China the China Virus is considered racist because.....but giving it a Latin Name is not because......

Where were all the woke people during the Spanish Flu?

Reply/Quote