Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Biden's Economic policies are a plus
(07-12-2023, 08:11 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: In general, I would agree with this statement on a macro scale; however,  when you look at what Biden's infrastructure policies alone are doing for our union workers, they're growing the US economy from the middle out.  No trickle-down economics that only makes the wealthier more wealthier. Biden does have great unemployment numbers lowest in over 50-yrs, inflation is back in check, and ppl are now saving more than they're spending.  The trade unions are flourishing with 25 out of 30 trades reporting more than doubling their worker productivity. American construction companies are mandated to purchase goods and labor provided by American workers. President Biden also is leaving the Fed alone in their decisions on how to handle interest rates and that has helped bring inflation back in check.  

The average voting American sees the Buck Stopping with Biden. They don't realize gas prices and inflation were also worsened by supply chain issues and shortages creating higher demand.  As opposed to gas prices being so low b/c we were in a COVID lockdown and there was a huge supply of oil not being used. 

There are absolutely policy levers that can be pulled that impact the economy. However, even though I agree with some of those moves by the Biden administration, they do not have as much of an impact as the host of other factors.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2023, 08:17 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: There are absolutely policy levers that can be pulled that impact the economy. However, even though I agree with some of those moves by the Biden administration, they do not have as much of an impact as the host of other factors.

In general though we are doing better than most places and whatever gets the credit for that it's a good thing.  And it flies into the face of those saying the economy is awful.  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2023, 08:18 PM)GMDino Wrote: In general though we are doing better than most places and whatever gets the credit for that it's a good thing.  And it flies into the face of those saying the economy is awful.  

This is true.  It's also something you absolutely wouldn't be saying if Trump was POTUS.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2023, 08:11 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: In general, I would agree with this statement on a macro scale; however,  when you look at what Biden's infrastructure policies alone are doing for our union workers, they're growing the US economy from the middle out.

This is literally the exact talking point Biden has been using, literally verbatim.  Some of you people are borderline robots.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2023, 08:11 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: In general, I would agree with this statement on a macro scale; however,  when you look at what Biden's infrastructure policies alone are doing for our union workers, they're growing the US economy from the middle out.  No trickle-down economics that only makes the wealthier more wealthier. Biden does have great unemployment numbers lowest in over 50-yrs, inflation is back in check, and ppl are now saving more than they're spending.  The trade unions are flourishing with 25 out of 30 trades reporting more than doubling their worker productivity. American construction companies are mandated to purchase goods and labor provided by American workers. President Biden also is leaving the Fed alone in their decisions on how to handle interest rates and that has helped bring inflation back in check.  

The average voting American sees the Buck Stopping with Biden. They don't realize gas prices and inflation were also worsened by supply chain issues and shortages creating higher demand.  As opposed to gas prices being so low b/c we were in a COVID lockdown and there was a huge supply of oil not being used. 

It actually is trickle down. Who do you think owns the companies doing the infrastructure work and hiring all these new workers while making a fortune?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2023, 08:22 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: This is literally the exact talking point Biden has been using, literally verbatim.  Some of you people are borderline robots.

Well, you can say "Robots"  if you want but this is exactly why Biden will win the 2024 election hands down. Joe Biden has won back the support of the majority of middle-class union workers that HRC lost to Trump.  They all have guaranteed jobs for at least the next 5-7 years and money going into their savings.  If this trend continues Biden will win 2024 by a landslide. 

As Democrat strategist James Carville said, "It's the economy stupid," and most economic reports I've read say it will continue into 2024 with record stock market gains while keeping inflation in check and a recession in the rearview mirror.  
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2023, 08:01 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I have been trying to sing this song for years.

I found this: https://ustr.gov/countries-regions/europe-middle-east/europe/european-union#:~:text=U.S.%20total%20imports%20(general)%20of,vegetable%20oils%20(%241.3%20billion).

Now, we also have to keep in mind that even if we don't import the goods ourselves, a global shortage in supply will affect the price worldwide. Even if, for example, grain from Ukraine isn't making it to Europe, that doesn't make our supplies domestically short. However, it puts pressure on our supplies because there is a global demand and that will result in increased prices for us, as well.

Which is important because the EU is second behind China in producing pork the US is third... With grain shortages and burnt pastures from the drought the price of pork could possibly be going up in the next few years. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Interesting. I’m still paying 3.65 for gas vs 2.20 when Biden took office.

Interest rates are still high compared to when Biden took office.

My NG bill is still at a 75% increase.
My electric bill is still 50% higher.
Groceries where I live are still 50% higher.
Car prices are still ridiculous.

You guys can type all the words you want, hell I’m sure there are a couple here who will write 50 paragraphs, but I am not seeing any real relief compared to prices when Biden took office.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2023, 11:41 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Interesting.  I’m still paying 3.65 for gas vs 2.20 when Biden took office.

You guys can type all the words you want, hell I’m sure there are a couple here who will write 50 paragraphs, but I am not seeing any real relief compared to prices when Biden took office.

Well, then what you're explaining is the exact policy many in the GOP espouse and this is known as the free market economy. What is the free market willing to pay? Then let the free market decide on its own what they're willing to pay. Does any of this sound familiar when listening to a member of the GOP?  

In Ohio, I paid $3.09 for gasoline, $2.99 for a gallon of Milk, and less than $2 for a dozen eggs.  So you may want to look into price gouging by your local vendors and consider alternatives. You paid $2.20 for gas b/c no one was using it due to COVID lockdowns and there was a huge supply of oil.  What did you pay for a gallon of gas in July of 2018?

Interest rates are high b/c they have been increased to tamp down consumer spending and encourage more fixed-rate savings.  This is one of the tools used by the Federal Reserve to help lower and keep inflation in check. 

Here's a link that addresses most of the concerns you have and energy and car prices have been dropping tremendously.  You also could be experiencing a demand issue b/c many of the auto manufacturers are just now getting their pipeline bottlenecks worked out.  If you're car shopping, utilize the internet and be willing to fly someplace and drive your new car home. 

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/cpi.nr0.htm
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2023, 11:41 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Interesting.  I’m still paying 3.65 for gas vs 2.20 when Biden took office.

It is simple Mickey, winners on the economy do not need excuses. I am not sure how many business owners post in this forum, but as a long time business owner, the policy energy policy killed the cost of goods within 6 months. The fuel costs to deliver product sky rocketed. The average person has never run a business and has no idea the impact a POTUS can have on profitability.

Biden has slowed inflation, but the Biden inflation since 2021 is real. A business owner does not look at success of their business if profit was down 11% the prior year, then the next year is only down 3%. The reality is over 2 years, the profit is down 14% and your business is heading in the wrong direction. in Biden's case we have nw the 3rd year of year over year inflation, so the 22.4% inflation with only 14% wage growth means middles class is still down over 8%.

So, people have to sell possessions, use a savings if they have one, stop saving for retirement or pulling money from retirement accounts. The US can't afford to lose 3% on top of the 22% already lost under Biden, we need to get back the lost take home pay for people.

But hey liberals, keep telling the middle class they are wrong, the economy is outstanding under Biden so shut up and be happy.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2023, 12:13 AM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Well, then what you're explaining is the exact policy many in the GOP espouse and this is known as the free market economy. What is the free market willing to pay? Then let the free market decide on its own what they're willing to pay. Does any of this sound familiar when listening to a member of the GOP?  

In Ohio, I paid $3.09 for gasoline, $2.99 for a gallon of Milk, and less than $2 for a dozen eggs.  So you may want to look into price gouging by your local vendors and consider alternatives. 

Interest rates are high b/c they have been increased to tamp down consumer spending and encourage more fixed-rate savings.  This is one of the tools used by the Federal Reserve to help lower and keep inflation in check. 

Here's a link that addresses most of the concerns you have and energy and car prices have been dropping tremendously.  You also could be experiencing a demand issue b/c many of the auto manufacturers are just now getting their pipeline bottlenecks worked out.  If you're car shopping, utilize the internet and be willing to fly someplace and drive your new car home. 

This is comical. How do people save more money when you raise interest rates, raise food and gas prices and pay more for everything they buy due to 22.3% inflation since Biden took office. 

https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/inflation/food-inflation-in-the-united-states/

You really do need a reality check, look no further than 34% of Americans are happy with the Biden economy. Why? Are they all just stupid or are they struggling financially?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2023, 12:17 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It is simple Mickey, winners on the economy do not need excuses. I am not sure how many business owners post in this forum, but as a long time business owner, the policy energy policy killed the cost of goods within 6 months. The fuel costs to deliver product sky rocketed. The average person has never run a business and has no idea the impact a POTUS can have on profitability.

Biden has slowed inflation, but the Biden inflation since 2021 is real. A business owner does not look at success of their business if profit was down 11% the prior year, then the next year is only down 3%. The reality is over 2 years, the profit is down 14% and your business is heading in the wrong direction. in Biden's case we have nw the 3rd year of year over year inflation, so the 22.4% inflation with only 14% wage growth means middles class is still down over 8%.

So, people have to sell possessions, use a savings if they have one, stop saving for retirement or pulling money from retirement accounts. The US can't afford to lose 3% on top of the 22% already lost under Biden, we need to get back the lost take home pay for people.

But hey liberals, keep telling the middle class they are wrong, the economy is outstanding under Biden so shut up and be happy.
The 17-22% inflation that was created by Benedict Donald the Traitor Trump by increasing our national debt by $6.8 Trillion or 40% in just 4-yrs.  Trump also manipulated the Fed by not allowing them to increase interest rates.   You still never explained how this Trump record or his economic policies were remotely conservative and did not lead to the inflation Joe Biden inherited.  Biden policies now have this under control.

Anyway, all the bitching and moaning you do is all falling on deaf ears b/c Biden now has the trade unions back on his side with guaranteed job security and he's almost completely fixed the absolute mess Trump left him.  
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2023, 12:23 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: This is comical. How do people save more money when you raise interest rates, raise food and gas prices and pay more for everything they buy due to 22.3% inflation since Biden took office. 

https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/inflation/food-inflation-in-the-united-states/

You really do need a reality check, look no further than 34% of Americans are happy with the Biden economy. Why? Are they all just stupid or are they struggling financially?

Well first off if you'd take a second and DO YOUR RESEARCH and look at the data for the US Bureau of Labor you'd see the price of food is now in negative inflation territory.  Gas prices are now what they were in 2018.  BTW, the 22.3% inflation President Biden inherited from the debacle Benedict Donald the Traitor Trump left Biden, and now Biden has fixed it.  

When interest rates rise check with your bank to see what their CD rates are paying. A 1-yr CD is paying 4.99%.  Duh! Also, did you take the time to look at the chart you posted? I really don't think you did.   It reports 5.7% for all food and a negative inflation number for Meat, fish, eggs, and poultry at -.2, and all dairy is at 2.7%.  LMAO WTF? 

Over 40% approve of Biden's economic policies, and as the economy continues to improve so will Biden's approval numbers.
Again, every time you post you prove without a reasonable doubt how ignorant you really are.  
Reply/Quote
A self portrait.

[Image: talk-to-a-brick-wall-not-listening.gif]
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2023, 12:13 AM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Well, then what you're explaining is the exact policy many in the GOP espouse and this is known as the free market economy. What is the free market willing to pay? Then let the free market decide on its own what they're willing to pay. Does any of this sound familiar when listening to a member of the GOP?  

In Ohio, I paid $3.09 for gasoline, $2.99 for a gallon of Milk, and less than $2 for a dozen eggs.  So you may want to look into price gouging by your local vendors and consider alternatives. You paid $2.20 for gas b/c no one was using it due to COVID lockdowns and there was a huge supply of oil.  What did you pay for a gallon of gas in July of 2018?

Gas was 2.20 before Covid.  Maybe I should talk to all the Dems that run NY.  Cali #2.  July of 2018 I believe gas was around 2.30-2.50.

Really?  I just priced out a new truck.  My current truck was bought in 2019 with a sticker of 51080 and I paid 47k.  Just built the exact same truck and the sticker is 62k.  My truck which is 3.5 years old and has 40k miles on it books for 42k.  Prices are not down.  I see new and used cars driving with those price stickers on the window for everyone to see and I am like wtf.  The prices are insane.

I travel to Cincy once a year.  I grew up there and have family still living there.  Last time I went pre covid gas was just under 2.00 in some places.  I remember taking a picture it was so low.

Not sure what core prices are lower or what you guys are talking about.   Maybe you make 100's of thousands a year so it's a non issue.  Yes, some crap I don't need to buy has come down.  All the things I HAVE to buy are still way up.

I'm not saying Biden is 100% to blame, I'm just calling bs on the "costs going way down", "economy is improving" narrative.

when my NG bill goes back down 75% and my electric bill goes back down 50% and when gas is back down around 2.20 and groceries have dropped 50+% then I will believe the economy is getting better.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2023, 08:12 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: A self portrait.

That's how I feel listening to you guys say the economy is going better and prices are down...........then I look at my bills and wonder what you all are talking about.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2023, 09:31 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: when my NG bill goes back down 75% and my electric bill goes back down 50% and when gas is back down around 2.20 and groceries have dropped 50+% then I will believe the economy is getting better.

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=790b76110hmq2pabvdc8915kvna...w.gif&ct=g]

Reply/Quote
(07-13-2023, 08:12 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: A self portrait.

Smirk

I kept hearing yesterday after the inflation news about this being a good sing of a "soft landing".  I assumed that meant without a recession?  Is that accurate?

And do you think we'll see a reduction in interest rates if the trend continues?  Or will they error on the side of caution?

I believe you said you feel we were at 0% for way too long anyway.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2023, 09:40 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: That's how I feel listening to you guys say the economy is going better and prices are down...........then I look at my bills and wonder what you all are talking about.

To be fair, the economy isn’t just gas prices and price of goods. That may be what you equate it to and/or vote based on to some degree, but the economy is much more than that.

Essentially, when someone says “the economy is doing well” and you say “but gas prices are still high” you are both having two different conversations that aren’t really related to each other.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2023, 09:31 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Gas was 2.20 before Covid.  Maybe I should talk to all the Dems that run NY.  Cali #2.  July of 2018 I believe gas was around 2.30-2.50.

Really?  I just priced out a new truck.  My current truck was bought in 2019 with a sticker of 51080 and I paid 47k.  Just built the exact same truck and the sticker is 62k.  My truck which is 3.5 years old and has 40k miles on it books for 42k.  Prices are not down.  I see new and used cars driving with those price stickers on the window for everyone to see and I am like wtf.  The prices are insane.

I travel to Cincy once a year.  I grew up there and have family still living there.  Last time I went pre covid gas was just under 2.00 in some places.  I remember taking a picture it was so low.

Not sure what core prices are lower or what you guys are talking about.   Maybe you make 100's of thousands a year so it's a non issue.  Yes, some crap I don't need to buy has come down.  All the things I HAVE to buy are still way up.

I'm not saying Biden is 100% to blame, I'm just calling bs on the "costs going way down", "economy is improving" narrative.

when my NG bill goes back down 75% and my electric bill goes back down 50% and when gas is back down around 2.20 and groceries have dropped 50+% then I will believe the economy is getting better.

My old boss told me "greed is an incurable disease".  Prices go up but rarely come back down to where they were.
Reply/Quote