Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Big Whit?
Sounds like his contract with Amazon ends on Thursday... Perhaps a reunion?

Whit acknowledged a co-worker about the possibility on twitter, which is why I'm bothering to make a thread. Likely a 10% chance.

Storybook ending however potentially :)
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Was his contract with LA up when he retired?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 09:29 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Was his contract with LA up when he retired?

No. He is still under contract with the Rams. I think the chance of this happening is so low that it isn’t worth considering in any serious manner.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 09:33 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: No. He is still under contract with the Rams. I think the chance of this happening is so low that it isn’t worth considering in any serious manner.

Cut or trade a 7th round pick?  Not far fetched for the Rams to do him a solid.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 09:35 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Cut or trade a 7th round pick?  Not far fetched for the Rams to do him a solid.

He can't be traded.  The trade deadline is long past.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 09:37 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: He can't be traded.  The trade deadline is long past.

That's true.... but players have leverage in these situations.  He can clearly say he isn't playing for anyone but the Bengals. 

Sure a team can still claim him but 1. he doesn't have to play and 2. they ruin good will with agents and future players.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 09:49 PM)pally Wrote:

Rock On
Reply/Quote
I would say he is in no way ready to play, and Rams own his contract. Roll with what you got.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 10:22 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I would say he is in no way ready to play, and Rams own his contract. Roll with what you got.

As cool as it would be to see Big Whit come back ThumbsUp I have to agree. Whit's no spring chicken and has been sitting in a chair for a minute. I'm not sure he could just "turn it back on" ?
Reply/Quote
Hard to say if he's even in football shape. A lot of those guys lose a lot of weight for health reasons when they no longer need the bulk.
Reply/Quote
There is literally no way this happens. Beyond the fact he isn’t in playing shape, LA would need to cut him but not just cut him they’d need to rework his contract to league minimum before cutting him. Then all the potential opponents we are behind in the waiver wire would need to not put a claim in. The idea that a playoff adversary wouldn’t claim him and force him right back into retirement is a pipe dream.
Reply/Quote
Pipe dream.
Reply/Quote
With only 2 regular season games left I’d expect they role with Adenji and Prince.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
CTB ain't ready. The Rams are out of it. Perhaps Jalen Ramsey will retire tomorrow, unretire on Tuesday, get cut by the Rams on Wednesday, and sign with the Bengals on Thursday
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I thought after so many years in the league you don’t have to pass through waivers? Don’t they become free agents?
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 10:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: CTB ain't ready. The Rams are out of it. Perhaps Jalen Ramsey will retire tomorrow, unretire on Tuesday, get cut by the Rams on Wednesday, and sign with the Bengals on Thursday

Makes sense
Reply/Quote
He belongs to the analysts desk now.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
LOL

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 11:38 PM)Dean_Gilberry95 Wrote: I thought after so many years in the league you don’t have to pass through waivers? Don’t they become free agents?

Yes you are correct. Rama could cut Whitt or Ramsey and they would be free agents.
I don't see it happening, but stranger things have happened.

I would love to see Whitt retire officially as a Bengal
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote