Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Big Whit?
(12-26-2022, 05:02 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: The article says thru the end of regular season though. I wonder what happens at season end?

They explain this in the same article although I don't think as clearly.  By regular season it appears they mean through the Super Bowl of the current season. So although they use the term regular season the language below where they state the claim order from week 4 is "through the Super Bowl" seems to indicate this also includes the post season games.

Quote:From the first business day after the Super Bowl until the day after the third regular season week, assignments are based on a claiming order that is the same as the order in which clubs selected in that year’s Draft. From the beginning of the fourth regular season weekend through the Super Bowl, assignments are based on the inverse order of their win-loss record. For example, a team with fewer wins will be awarded a player off waivers ahead of a team with a better record. If a player passes through waivers unclaimed, he becomes a free agent.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Y'all know what tho...The line didn't help Burrow a lot last year, but imagine linemen in your lap every-time you drop back - and a lot of times it's the pressure up the middle that stinks the most! If Adeniji can just be average, i think we'll be fine!
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 12:20 AM)Earendil Wrote: I may be missing something, but Whit is a LT and we need a RT.

Most of these fantasy team owners can switch a 10 year plus LT into a RT in two weeks. It is beyond laughable.
Reply/Quote
We just signed Whit he will be a part of our public relations department....
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 01:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: From what I read, he's an unrestricted free agent in the NFL. So it's just a matter of signing him.

Isn't he a LT? Collins is a RT.

Nope. He signed a contract with the Rams thry 2023. They are paying dead cap because of him this year and next. You cannot retire/unretire to make yourself a FA or get out of a contract. Guys would do it all the time if they could. It would be total chaos. If he plays, he has to play for the Rams unless they waive him. Not sure, but I do not know if they get dead cap relief if we sign him after the waiver, but I do not think so. 

And once they waive him, he'd have to go thru waivers. Bou, IDK if he makes it through. He could say, I'll only play for Cincy. Thay might disuade teams from a claim. And if course, they would have to have an open roster spot to actually claim him, which could create an issue. Do you risk losing a guy to orevent us from signing him? Maybe. 

Then, there is the question of if he can play after riding a desk all year. 41. Switching sides. 

It is a longshot. But we do have an open roster slot. We also have 2 games left and very limited cap space. We may need to sign another guy if someone else goes down vs Buffalo or Baltimore. 
Reply/Quote
Adeniji isn't replacing an all pro... I'm pretty sure he can be bad to meh like Collins has been all year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 11:47 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: The eagles signed two guys just a few weeks ago to play DT.  First game they had an impact.  

Whit could Be ready in 2 weeks to contribute.  He is a borderline HOFer.

Those guys were not switching from LT to RT.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 12:58 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: He has played RT, and what made Whit able to play until the age he retired was the fact that he was so technically sound.  He just knows angles and counters so well.  It's unlikely, but it sure would be a hell of a story.  

When did Whit play RT he was a guard then moved to LT.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 08:22 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: When did Whit play RT he was a guard then moved to LT.

Whitworth played three snaps of RT throughout his NFL career. Unless he played some RT in college, I don’t think he has any major experience playing RT.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 08:33 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Whitworth played three snaps of RT throughout his NFL career. Unless he played some RT in college, I don’t think he has any major experience playing RT.

Jason Peters, age 40, and primarily a LT throughout this career is playing LT, G and RT in Dallas this year. It can be done. It’s being done.

Unlikely to happen, but to think a borderline HOF couldn’t fill in at another spot on the OL is laughable.
Reply/Quote
Love Big Whit and her yes we win the SB if he were still in a Bengals uni instead of a Rams.

Yet see absolutely no chance at all of this happening, but it would be awesome if it did.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 10:48 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Jason Peters, age 40, and primarily a LT throughout this career is playing LT, G and RT in Dallas this year.  It can be done.  It’s being done.

Unlikely to happen, but to think a borderline HOF couldn’t fill in at another spot on the OL is laughable.

I don't think anyone is saying that it is impossible to do, just that it isn't ideal to do. Peters has played 33 snaps at RT over the last three weeks and has allowed two pressures and a sack. That sack percentage would currently qualify as top five worst in the league and that pressure percentage would be bottom 20-ish in the league among players with 50 or more pass blocking snaps. 

So, yes, he is doing it, and Whit could quite literally do it as well, but the point is more so that it would make it difficult to do well. Add on that context that Whit is older than Peters and hasn't played football in 10 months along with the uncertainty of whether or not he has kept up his training regimen and we get back to square one.

Honestly, the silliest part about all of this is that it likely doesn't even matter. Whit isn't coming back.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 08:33 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Whitworth played three snaps of RT throughout his NFL career. Unless he played some RT in college, I don’t think he has any major experience playing RT.

Sounds about right.
Reply/Quote
It's not happening.... this is a pipe dream.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 10:48 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Jason Peters, age 40, and primarily a LT throughout this career is playing LT, G and RT in Dallas this year.  It can be done.  It’s being done.

Whit played guard well so nobody said he could not play other positions on the line. The guy you are talking about I am assuming has been playing all year not sitting out as a sportscaster. He most likely has experience playing all those spots you have stated unlike Whit which has had 3 snaps at RT which has been stated in this thread. Not to mention he would have two weeks to learn the playbook as well as learn to play RT. While he is learning to play RT he will be matched up against The Bills and Ravens which are both good teams and we really could use both wins. You Whit people are laughable.

Dave Lapham played every spot on the Oline but Whit aint Lap. We have had swing tackles like Anthony Collins but Whit aint Collins. There is a reason he never played RT.
Reply/Quote
Me and the coaches are rolling with Adeniji.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 11:08 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I don't think anyone is saying that it is impossible to do, just that it isn't ideal to do. Peters has played 33 snaps at RT over the last three weeks and has allowed two pressures and a sack. That sack percentage would currently qualify as top five worst in the league and that pressure percentage would be bottom 20-ish in the league among players with 50 or more pass blocking snaps. 

So, yes, he is doing it, and Whit could quite literally do it as well, but the point is more so that it would make it difficult to do well. Add on that context that Whit is older than Peters and hasn't played football in 10 months along with the uncertainty of whether or not he has kept up his training regimen and we get back to square one.

Honestly, the silliest part about all of this is that it likely doesn't even matter. Whit isn't coming back.

You are right. But it could be done, and potentially better than what we currently have at RT, even with all thr uncertainties
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 09:29 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Whit played guard well so nobody said he could not play other positions on the line. The guy you are talking about I am assuming has been playing all year not sitting out as a sportscaster. He most likely has experience playing all those spots you have stated unlike Whit which has had 3 snaps at RT which has been stated in this thread. Not to mention he would have two weeks to learn the playbook as well as learn to play RT. While he is learning to play RT he will be matched up against The Bills and Ravens which are both good teams and we really could use both wins. You Whit people are laughable.

Not to mention he would have a week to put his playing weight back on and get into football shape. Most of these guys lose 50-100 lbs. after they retire so they can live. 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 09:33 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Not to mention he would have a week to put his playing weight back on and get into football shape. Most of these guys lose 50-100 lbs. after they retire so they can live. 

Whit was/is lean for a guy his size. Doubt he is gonna be 6’7” 230 lol
Reply/Quote
I'm sure Duke will at least give the Rams a call.
Reply/Quote