Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Big Whit?
No to Big Whitt, we have the depth.  
Reply/Quote
There's only one man who can save the Bengals..

https://s.yimg.com/uu/api/res/1.2/U1HFoVZh8xVYi82m8C8CQg--~B/aD0yMzkyO3c9NDI1MjtzbT0xO2FwcGlkPXl0YWNoeW9u/https://media.zenfs.com/en/nbc_sports_northwest_40/dd262ca795e4a3c7cd30fe0d4999fe2f
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 07:41 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: There's only one man who can save the Bengals..

Edit: Why on earth can i NOT post photos. This would've been hilarious! WTH Holic?!

Click the image icon in the editor toolbar and paste the url of the image.
Reply/Quote
Ever the "team-above-self" Whitworth tells the media that he never ruled out returning, but wouldn't want to mess up the Bengals chances:

"I think for me, just who I am, I've said this since the day I retired, I'll never say never," Whitworth said. "There's always a chance. I love adventures. I love taking on chances."

However, he did note that he spent his career mostly as a left tackle and that making the transition to right tackle is difficult. Whitworth added that any decision to return would not be about tarnishing his legacy but about not letting down future teammates.

"I wouldn't want to go in there and mess up their chances, not knowing really what I'm capable of," Whitworth said, referencing Cincinnati's postseason odds.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35329967/bengals-coach-zac-taylor-chuckles-andrew-whitworth-reunion-talk
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 05:52 PM)Housh Wrote: Rams contract point is useless to me. McVay would not be a dick to Zac with them eliminated from the playoffs.

Point 2 is valid. I highly doubt he wants to come in and play

Point 3 he’s not in game shape for sure but he’d have maybe a month to get to a good spot and as a pro athlete i have faith a month of prep would have him ready to play

4 is valid too. Him or Jonah would have to switch and idk who you’d switch

This is because you are ignoring the fact that he has to pass by every team to get to us they all have to waive him. If the rams do not drastically reduce his contract before release, then the Rams will eat a ton in cash loss they are friendly with Zac and Whit, but the owners will not throw money out the window for friendship. So, he gets a very low contract before his release this makes other teams much more likely to sign him even as dirt cheap depth and these teams could play him at LT his natural position.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 05:49 PM)Housh Wrote: Locked on Bengals podcast said that he played horribly when he came in even though he didn’t give up a sack

Apparently Burrow was just getting the ball out very fast, but they credited him with giving up 8 pressures which is ALOT

Most of the times they got past him the ball was still completed for nice gains. Joe had to throw the ball in the dirt one time and throw to a checkdown one time for pressure from Adeniji man.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 06:44 PM)Au165 Wrote: Again…other AFC teams are not going to let him clear waivers to get to us.

So trade for him for a candy bar and a pack of cigarettes.. Tongue
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Instead of being released which would cause many potential issues, couldnt the Rams just redo Whitworth's contract to allow him to void his contract whenever he wanted? Then he could become a free agent and go wherever he wanted?
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 09:08 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Instead of being released which would cause many potential issues, couldnt the Rams just redo Whitworth's contract to allow him to void his contract whenever he wanted?  Then he could become a free agent and go wherever he wanted?

Yeah Whitworth mentioned he was still under contract on that podcast so there would be things to deal with. He certainly didn't sound like it would be impossible. Its a very interesting thing to think about. I'm sure it won't happen as he mentioned not being sure what he's capable of on the right side. You can't help getting pumped by hearing him say he would love to be a part of what the Bengals have going. I think Adeniji will step and play well. 
Reply/Quote
Can we put this to bed, Taylor literally laughed at the idea, and Whit also basically said no as well.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35329967/bengals-coach-zac-taylor-chuckles-andrew-whitworth-reunion-talk

Someone who actually listened to Whit's comments and thought that there was a green light there is just...wow. I don't know what to day to that.
Reply/Quote
Trade deadline is past. Rams would have to release him and he would have to clear wavers. I don't see a path to success at getting AW unless there's something I am missing?
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 06:51 PM)Housh Wrote: Non playoff teams would not care.

Name the playoff team that would want him. Especially if he comes out and says, hes not gonna play for anyone but Cincy?

What team has a hole at T and would he want to play for?

The waiver issue is silly to me. Whitworth has garnered enough respect around the league to where another team wouldnt even try

Tampa Bay
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
While were at it, let's bring Gronk back to the NFL too! - I am being half serious, but Gronk would draw so much attention
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 11:10 PM)bengals73 Wrote: While were at it, let's bring Gronk back to the NFL too! - I am being half serious, but Gronk would draw so much attention

Signing Rob Gronkowski to the Cincinnati roster makes more sense than signing Andrew Whitworth with Hayden Hurst questionable. We lost two tight ends: Hurst and Drew Sample. Gronk has played tight end on both sides of the offensive line but Big Whit hasn’t played right tackle which is vastly different than left tackle.

Look, I love Big Whit too but I can’t see him in the lineup at his age and I have no idea how fit he is. I know Hakeem Adeniji is fit and ready — and he knows the playbook.
Reply/Quote
I made this thread knowing it was a complete long shot - but Big Whit certainly did not shoot it down like I thought he would this week.

Who Dey!
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 11:10 PM)bengals73 Wrote: While were at it, let's bring Gronk back to the NFL too! - I am being half serious, but Gronk would draw so much attention

JJ Watt is retiring too. Might kick the tires on him...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The craziest thing about Whit is we parted with him after 2016 because he was "too old"
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 11:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The craziest thing about Whit is we parted with him after 2016 because he was "too old"

If I remember right, that's true but we had early round linemen that we thought could take over for him but then they just flopped.

(p.s. your avatar made me pull a Bluto on Animal House............)

[Image: animal-house-bluto.gif]

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 11:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The craziest thing about Whit is we parted with him after 2016 because he was "too old"

We actually offered him a one year deal. He left for a 3 year deal. And yes, statistically he was too old. 99 times out of 100 that was the right move.
Reply/Quote
To everyone asking who would claim him…literally every AFC playoff team simply to block him (although Jacksonville lost their LT recently) and sit him. No one is scared of bulletin board material or pissing people off they are worried about real life controllable outcomes. The whole reasons vested veterans go through waivers post trade deadline is this exact scenario. It was literally put in so teams could intentionally block guys from being slid to teams making runs.

Taylor has basically shot it down anyways, the fairytale ain’t happening unless Adeniji goes down in the next two weeks.
Reply/Quote