Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill Lazor named new OC
He was an OC with the Dolphins for 2 seasons and fired. His 1st season he was credited for Tannehill's success.
Reply/Quote
Poor guy....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Wait. Zampese was fired? When did this happen? Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'd say he can't possibly do worse, but nothing would surprise me with this team anymore.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Ok damnit I keep getting teased with these Zamp fired threads. This true?
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 04:10 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Ok damnit I keep getting teased with these Zamp fired threads. This true?

Yes it's true.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 04:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He was an OC with the Dolphins for 2 seasons and fired. His 1st season he was credited for Tannehill's success.

He took over an offense that was 27th in the league and got them up to 14th in his first season. His second year was the Philbin mutiny season.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 04:10 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Ok damnit I keep getting teased with these Zamp fired threads. This true?

Confirmed on multiple sites including ESPN.
Reply/Quote
Love it.
Reply/Quote
He seems to have potential. He had a mixed bag of results in Miami so it's hard to say he will be better or worse.

The best part is that some other franchise saw fit to hire him as OC. I think that in and of itself is a good thing.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 04:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He seems to have potential. He had a mixed bag of results in Miami so it's hard to say he will be better or worse.

The best part is that some other franchise saw fit to hire him as OC. I think that in and of itself is a good thing.

I would almost bet my lefty that he will not be worse......bout damn guarantee it.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Zampese had the stain of being in the Bengals organization too long. He was here for what 13 years? Since Marvin got here.

You need new thoughts and ideas.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 04:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Zampese had the stain of being in the Bengals organization too long. He was here for what 13 years? Since Marvin got here.

You need new thoughts and ideas.

He just wasn't very good either.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Makes no difference fire Zampese the head of the snake is Lewis and he's still there. They have been loosing assistant coaches for years, cutting away the body but the snake head is still there in Lewis. Lewis is the problem he couldn't control his players when they were having winning years. watch now that there loosing it will be a madhouse with some of the players on this team.
Reply/Quote
You can bet Andy had a word in this. There's a reason he looks so uncomfortable besides the porous OLine.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Hard to believe they actually made a move, but it is the 50th anniversary season and Marv is supposedly playing for his job.

Glad they had the balls to admit it wasn't working, but we need more change. A lot more.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 05:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Hard to believe they actually made a move, but it is the 50th anniversary season and Marv is supposedly playing for his job.

Glad they had the balls to admit it wasn't working, but we need more change. A lot more.
Agreed they need more change, but I'll take what I can get.
Reply/Quote
So does Zampese get to keep his playbook?

[Image: 51VNIQaI8jL.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 04:13 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: He took over an offense that was 27th in the league and got them up to 14th in his first season. His second year was the Philbin mutiny season.

Here are the Dolphons offensive stats that year according to Pro Football Reference.com:
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/mia/2014.htm

Passing:
394 comp 595 att 66.2% comp% 3,729 yards 27 TD 12 INT

Rushing:
399 car 1,872 yards 4.7 YPC 12 TD

I don't know, but that actually looks pretty good. Of course, that was with an offense he installed, so we need to temper expectations, but if he can come close to duplicating that with a team that has arguably better players in most spots, we might actually do well.

Which might save Lewis' job. Dammit!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
This is big, I dont think Marvin has fired any coach mid season. Maybe the organization is realizing they need to change.

Did anyone else see last night during one of the Time Outs Dalton refused to go over and talk with Zampese as most Qbs do during Time outs? I think this clearly showed he was done with KZ and his play calling and why we saw Dalton throw the ball away so many times in just two short games.

I think our leaders spoke (AJG and Dalton) and stressed that a change needed to be made and made immediately!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote