Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Billings carted off
(08-15-2016, 11:16 AM)pdub2005 Wrote: Burfict had microfracture surgery on knee last year.

Which was a follow up on an earlier knee surgery after things didn't go as well as hoped. 
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 09:20 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Where'd you hear or see either of those?

Hobson on the website.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 10:14 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Hobson implied that surgery was thought to be happening for billings this week although he said the hope was that he could be back by playoff time. He also, I believe in the same article, said Alford could be out for a week or two. So basically bengalguy71 is assuming the worst and being a tad overly dramatic.

With the track record of this medical staff ALWAYS assume worse case scenario. Eifert should have had surgery in February and would be practicing and playing now.
Reply/Quote
It was a torn meniscus and hes out TBD.

Lol pu$$y... Ive been walking around on a torn meniscus for the last 10 months.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 02:11 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: It was a torn meniscus and hes out TBD.

Lol pu$$y... Ive been walking around on a torn meniscus for the last 10 months.

Do you weigh 300+?  LOL    and squat the equivalent of a minicooper?
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 02:19 PM)jonesy84 Wrote: Do you weigh 300+?  LOL    and squat the equivalent of a minicooper?

Pre injury my squat was decent, now not so much.
Reply/Quote
But in all seriousness, I am hopeful the meniscus thing isn't a huge issue. At surface glance, would seem better news than ACL so far...
Reply/Quote
Goddamnit. Sad
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
From what I was told with my meniscus is that the actual tissue doesn't regenerate well, and surgery often leads to arthritic knees. This is why ive have held off on getting mine cleaned up. I cant go crazy squatting and deadlifting like I was prior to the injury, and my distance running has been severely impacted. In all honesty I wish I would have torn my ACL or something, those ligaments heal really well, and they've damn near perfected those procedures.

He's a professional athlete who probably has way better physicians provided to him then the quacks the Navy sends me to.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 01:37 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Hobson on the website.

You have a link?  Not doubting you, I just can't find it.
Reply/Quote
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/15/bengals-rookie-andrew-billings-out-indefinitely-after-meniscus-surgery/
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 02:45 PM)Pat102211 Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/15/bengals-rookie-andrew-billings-out-indefinitely-after-meniscus-surgery/

The life of a Bengals fan.........
Reply/Quote
This blowz.

This was the player i wanted to see more than anyone this year.

Atleast Geno is looking better than ever and Clarke and Hardison are starting to look good.

Dean didn't look too bad either or Deshawn Williams.

Gotta look at the positives man.

Especially after something like this.
Reply/Quote
Good news for Billings is that he is young. A tear at 20 is much better than a tear at 27... just my thoughts on the matter.
Reply/Quote
Is this worse than acl? Season ending ?
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 02:55 PM)The Burfict Answer Wrote: Is this worse than acl? Season ending ?

It sounds like it is, especially if you have to go to a Navy doc  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 02:59 PM)jonesy84 Wrote: It sounds like it is, especially if you have to go to a Navy doc  Ninja
Damnit. On the bright side I think D Line is still improved , hards on looked like a man out there 
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 03:05 PM)The Burfict Answer Wrote: Damnit. On the bright side I think D Line is still improved , hards on looked like a man out there 

this just got weird.  Ninja

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 01:42 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: With the track record of this medical staff ALWAYS assume worse case scenario. Eifert should have had surgery in February and would be practicing and playing now.

This isn't true. Most Grade III ankle sprains heal on their own without surgery. Notice I wrote "most" not "all."  If he needed surgery in February he would have had surgery in February. 
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 03:07 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: this just got weird.  Ninja

Haha totally meant hardison
Reply/Quote