Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Billings carted off
(08-12-2016, 12:12 PM)Joelist Wrote: And so much for Billings....

So far we're down Eifert, Kroft, Billings, Jackson and we have yet to play a preseason game. Doesn't speak well of the training and conditioning.

I assume you mean the athlete's off-season program.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

So far we're down Eifert, Kroft, Billings, Jackson and we have yet to play a preseason game. Doesn't speak well of the training and conditioning.

Is billing out for the year?  

And it's injuries they happen.  It sucks and is unfortunate but it's a league wide problem. Bills are without shaq Lawson and Reggie Ragland and Cordy Glenn got hurt.  
Reply/Quote

Injuries happen has nothing to do with training and conditioning. If it was a rash of hamstrings or soft tissue issues you may have an argument....but it isn't.....so you don't.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2016, 12:34 PM)Au165 Wrote: Injuries happen has nothing to do with training and conditioning. If it was a rash of hamstrings or soft tissue issues you may have an argument....but it isn't.....so you don't.

Not to be overly argumentative, but soft tissue injury would be anything not a bone fracture.  Which would make all of those examples soft tissues.  Though I get (and agree with) your point about none of those injuries being strongly correlated to poor conditioning.  But they all are, in fact, soft tissue injuries, are they not? 
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 10:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I simply can't follow your line of thinking on this one.

I was devastated by the Billings injury obviously. Makes a dude not think clearly.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2016, 11:24 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Greg Hardy. Why the F not???

Because he's shown no remorse for what he's done and I don't want that kind of trash in our locker room.

Sure, Adam Jones has a past, but he's actually been working hard on fixing everything. Hardy has not. And he doesn't seem to understand his actions have consequences.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2016, 12:12 PM)Joelist Wrote:  Doesn't speak well of the training and conditioning.

This is silly.

Bengals where the healthiest team in the entire league last year.

Injuries are about luck, not training and conditioning.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2016, 12:42 PM)jonesy84 Wrote: Not to be overly argumentative, but soft tissue injury would be anything not a bone fracture.  Which would make all of those examples soft tissues.  Though I get (and agree with) your point about none of those injuries being strongly correlated to poor conditioning.  But they all are, in fact, soft tissue injuries, are they not? 

I always kind of think of ligaments as there own thing, but technically you are correct they do fall under soft tissue. The thing with ligaments is they just are what they are. You aren't doing anything through exercise to protect an ACL, if it goes it goes not because you didn't do enough lifting or running. I always think of strains, pulls, etc as issues resulting from poor conditioning or off season work.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2016, 02:53 PM)Au165 Wrote: I always kind of think of ligaments as there own thing, but technically you are correct they do fall under soft tissue. The thing with ligaments is they just are what they are. You aren't doing anything through exercise to protect an ACL, if it goes it goes not because you didn't do enough lifting or running. I always think of strains, pulls, etc as issues resulting from poor conditioning or off season work.
Completely agree on that, no doubt.  Again, not nit-picking, just the medical background coming out LOL   There really isn't a whole lot that can be done to technically make ligaments less prone to injury.  You can try working out large muscle groups around the ligament, but ultimately as many weird positions as NFL player limbs end up being put in with that much pressure, anyone could be subject to ligament (or tendon for that matter) damage on any play, even in practice.  Going back to the post earlier about luck  LOL  Went full circle there Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2016, 01:35 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Because he's shown no remorse for what he's done and I don't want that kind of trash in our locker room.

Sure, Adam Jones has a past, but he's actually been working hard on fixing everything. Hardy has not. And he doesn't seem to understand his actions have consequences.

maybe needs needs the right people around him like Adam jones
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2016, 04:43 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: maybe needs needs the right people around him like Adam jones

That could be either a sarcastic (and pretty funny) joke  or  it could actually be a legit idea  Mellow
Reply/Quote
Wow they sure don't build em like they use to. Super athletes my ass.

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2016, 01:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is silly.

Bengals where the healthiest team in the entire league last year.

Injuries are about luck, not training and conditioning
More like a little of both
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2016, 04:43 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: maybe needs needs the right people around him like Adam jones

Sure, he needs better influences around him. But he's a grown man at 28 years old. He shoved an assistant head coach in Dallas. Shouting match with his teammates. And even talked about Brady's wife.

Hardy is overall a cancer and has shown zero remorse for any action.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2016, 04:53 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Wow they sure don't build em like they use to. Super athletes my ass.
True.  Sure they are bigger, stronger, faster, than they used to be.  But some of these super-athletes just dont have the "Im a man" personality and attitude.
Krumrie played half a super bowl with 3 broken legs...... thats a man.
[Image: forumpic2.jpg]
When I die, I will get to shake Mr. Paul Browns hand and hear him say "Damn, you never stopped believing, did you?"
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2016, 08:11 PM)jtsmith38 Wrote: True.  Sure they are bigger, stronger, faster, than they used to be.  But some of these super-athletes just dont have the "Im a man" personality and attitude.
Krumrie played half a super bowl with 3 broken legs...... thats a man.

Exaggerations aside, he once told the story that he refused to leave the stadium and go to the hospital, but they had to set the leg.

He thought that he would "cowboy up" like they do in the movies and told them no pain killers, then proceeded to ask a cop for a bullet to bite down on.

Apparently he quickly learned why that only happens in the movies...
Reply/Quote
Watching the Vikings game right now, and around the 8 minute mark of the second quarter Tobin is asked about the injury.

He stated "we don't know the timeline yet".

My translation: The knee is still too swollen for any conclusive diagnosis of the ligaments, after which point the proper surgery can be scheduled.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2016, 06:58 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Sure, he needs better influences around him. But he's a grown man at 28 years old. He shoved an assistant head coach in Dallas. Shouting match with his teammates. And even talked about Brady's wife.

Hardy is overall a cancer and has shown zero remorse for any action.
What if he lived with Peko and agreed to house arrest ?

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Bring him in.

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2016, 10:53 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Watching the Vikings game right now, and around the 8 minute mark of the second quarter Tobin is asked about the injury.

He stated "we don't know the timeline yet".

My translation:  The knee is still too swollen for any conclusive diagnosis of the ligaments, after which point the proper surgery can be scheduled.

My translation: do you ever really know the timeline?  The best a doctor can give you is a prognosis which is an estimate and that is if everything goes right. 

Let's say it is a meniscal tear. Not all meniscal tears are created equally. Some might heal on their own given enough time and physical therapy. Some may require complete removal of the meniscus. Some may not respond to surgery and a subsequent micro fracture surgery may be performed. The surgeon may do a simple clean out and "we'll see how it goes."

To me it is typical double speak, like Marvin's 'it is a knee and we'll continue to monitor."  They are saying something without saying anything. 

Example:  do they know the timeline with Eifert?  Not exactly which equals "we don't know the timeline, yet."

Did he say they didn't know the timeline or they didn't know the diagnosis?  Because Tobin could know the ACL was ruptured and still claim, "we don't know the timeline, yet."  

Reading between the lines two things are poor indicators: 

1) claiming they don't know the timeline
2) they haven't came out with the typical strain/sprain/contusion smoke screen right away
Reply/Quote