Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Billings carted off
I am leaning against an ACL rupture the MRI would have revealed this injury if it's cartilage or a meniscus tear then there is difference of opinion on how to treat these injuries either way there is a chance that both Billings and WJ 3 can be back playing with the team near playoffs and that would be a huge boost so I am staying positive and optimistic.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
A rookie who has barely participated in camp and never seen a real live snap is not going to be a guy we want debuting in the playoffs. If he has a torn meniscus, chalk it up to being a lost year. WJIII it's already over. No rookie CB's have seen much action under this regime anyway.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2016, 02:44 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: A rookie who has barely participated in camp and never seen a real live snap is not going to be a guy we want debuting in the playoffs.  If he has a torn meniscus, chalk it up to being a lost year.  WJIII it's already over.  No rookie CB's have seen much action under this regime anyway.

There has been a whole lot more talk that he will be IRed till week 8 then that his season is done.

And Hall and JJoe each saw plenty...
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2016, 02:44 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: A rookie who has barely participated in camp and never seen a real live snap is not going to be a guy we want debuting in the playoffs.  If he has a torn meniscus, chalk it up to being a lost year.  WJIII it's already over.  No rookie CB's have seen much action under this regime anyway.

if just a meniscus, he could be back by last 1/3 of season
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2016, 09:01 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: if just a meniscus, he could be back by last 1/3 of season

Really?  What did Burfict have surgery on?  And why did he have subsequent micro fracture surgery?

Eifert just sprained his ankle in February. He should have been back by April. But, they didn't repot it was a Grade III ankle sprain and most here don't know what that means as far as treatment and prognosis. 
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2016, 10:45 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Really?  What did Burfict have surgery on?  And why did he have subsequent micro fracture surgery?

Eifert just sprained his ankle in February. He should have been back by April. But, they didn't repot it was a Grade III ankle sprain and most here don't know what that means as far as treatment and prognosis. 

Yep.

I remember when Burfict was having "some things cleaned up in his knee". This whole thing with Billings is starting to sound a lot like that.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2016, 11:02 PM)jason Wrote: Yep.

I remember when Burfict was having "some things cleaned up in his knee". This whole thing with Billings is starting to sound a lot like that.

They haven't told the truth about injuries since Braham's tibial plateau fracture was reported as a bone bruise. 

It's gotten to the point I hardly believe anything they say. Predicting the stock market is easier than a prognosis based upon the info they put out. Billings could be back next week, next year, or anywhere in between. 
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2016, 11:15 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: They haven't told the truth about injuries since Braham's tibial plateau fracture was reported as a bone bruise. 

It's gotten to the point I hardly believe anything they say. Predicting the stock market is easier than a prognosis based upon the info they put out. Billings could be back next week, next year, or anywhere in between. 

Yeah.... Marvin Jones too. They were saying he'd miss a few games with the same injury that shelved Julio Jones the year before. People start to think the staff is incompetent when guys don't come back when they say. The organization is just disingenuous about injuries. I'm not really sure that's a bad thing though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2016, 03:47 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Any word on this?

Was just reading one of the Bengals.com articles. And Hobson threw in the little tidbit it is believe he is scheduled for surgery.
Reply/Quote

And I remember when people like you claimed that Whitworth would miss most of the season when he missed all of the preseason in 2013, yet he played every game and hod one of his best seasons.

And Green was going to muss the rest of the season when he went down in thew 4th game of 2014, yet not only did he return, but he had 3 120+ yard games including a career high 224 against the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2016, 11:24 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Greg Hardy. Why the F not???

If he gets out of line between Burfict showing him who the true alpha is and that grizzled old DL coach we have I think we would be alright.

We just watched a dominant pass rush win a superbowl. We are paper thin at DE. We have two very good starters and one decent backup quality DE. 

Our redeemer status got us out of the basement. Taking a chance on him could get us over the top.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 12:35 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: If he gets out of line between Burfict showing him who the true alpha is and that grizzled old DL coach we have I think we would be alright.

Yeah, just look how Burfict kept Adam Jones under control in last year's playoff game.

And how that grizzled old D-line coach kept Peko from losing his head and running on the field to get a penalty.

Hardy would probably punch a cheerleader on the sidelines if he signed with the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2016, 02:58 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: There has been a whole lot more talk that he will be IRed till week 8 then that his season is done.

And Hall and JJoe each saw plenty...

Yeah, that was 10 years ago with very little CB depth.

In recent years, Dre and Dennard barely saw the field.
Reply/Quote
Looks like Billings out for the year with surgery!

Alford out for several weeks.

Who knows when Eifert comes back.

Not to mention Kroft, LaFell, Burkhead, Thompson, Denard etc.

Still have 3 preseason games left!!!
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 09:03 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Looks like Billings out for the year with surgery!

Alford out for several weeks.

Who knows when Eifert comes back.

Not to mention Kroft, LaFell, Burkhead, Thompson, Denard etc.

Still have 3 preseason games left!!!

Where'd you hear or see either of those?
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 09:20 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Where'd you hear or see either of those?

Hobson implied that surgery was thought to be happening for billings this week although he said the hope was that he could be back by playoff time. He also, I believe in the same article, said Alford could be out for a week or two. So basically bengalguy71 is assuming the worst and being a tad overly dramatic.

Reply/Quote

Burfict had microfracture surgery on knee last year.
Reply/Quote
http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/8/15/12480800/bengals-rookie-andrew-billings-to-have-knee-surgery-this-week

Surgery is in line this week. Nervous
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Fingers crossed that it's something less than all year.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 11:18 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/8/15/12480800/bengals-rookie-andrew-billings-to-have-knee-surgery-this-week

Surgery is in line this week. Nervous

So we are going to hear that he'll be on season ending IR next week?
Reply/Quote