Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Billy Price traded to Giants
(08-30-2021, 02:51 PM)Au165 Wrote: Back up center only plays with injury, back up DT will play snaps every game. In the event something does happen to Hopkins you either roll with Hill/Jordan or you go get a veteran on the street. I think at this point you play statistics and bank on getting a lot more impact out of the back up DT.

One would have to assume Pollack thinks Hill is ready.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 02:50 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I don't feel so good about center right now. We lost valuable depth there. What do people think of the center we drafted? Is he ready to be a backup?

Michael Jordan and Trey Hill both give G/C versatility and with 11 lineman competing for a roster spot one of the interior guys were on the way out any way you looked at it.

As for Trey Hill don't sleep on him. In 2019 he looked like he was going to be the best Center in the 2021 draft but didnt look the same in 2020 which turned out could have been caused by a meniscus tear in both knees. Hill played well in the Pre-Season.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 02:50 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I don't feel so good about center right now. We lost valuable depth there. What do people think of the center we drafted? Is he ready to be a backup?

I have to think this came down to asking Pollack a question - has he seen enough out of Trey Hill to believe he is worth the work to coach up. The answer was obviously yes, which is understandable as Hill is superb at anchoring, which is a huge component in player Center well. 
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 02:54 PM)Synric Wrote: Michael Jordan and Trey Hill both give G/C versatility and with 11 lineman competing for a roster spot one of the interior guys were on the way out any way you looked at it.

As for Trey Hill don't sleep on him in 2019 he looked like he was going to be the best Center in the 2021 draft but didnt look the same in 2020 which turned out could have been caused by a meniscus tear in both knees. Hill played well in the Pre-Season.

We saw this in camp as well as preseason - he is raw and needs technique work but he anchors extremely well and is REALLY hard to bull rush. 
Reply/Quote
I guess I’m okay with this team doubling down on run stuffers. First step to winning is winning in the division. You’ve got Lamar, Chubb and now the rookie in Pitt. Very strong running division, so this does help address that.
Reply/Quote

This is  also assuming Bengals are done with trades or FA signings..

May be or Maybe not.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Well last year Seattle gave us a BJ, so this year we get a BJ from Buffalo...... Ninja
Reply/Quote
I’m ok with this move. I trust pollack if he was actually consulted and signed off on it.

Cut down day is tomorrow in the team can see what else is out there to help the roster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Wow... have to check this out.
Reply/Quote
Teams usually roster 9 offensive linemen.  We weren't going to get away with sneaking Hill on the ps and this along with Price on his last year of his contract is why they did this deal.   They were in a predicament at OL (numbers-wise) and Price's contract made him the odd man out.  Instead of cutting someone they didn't want to have to cut, they got something out of it.  For those bitching, what 9 offensive linemen would you have kept on the roster?  Keep in mind, Price wasn't going to be a part of the future without giving him a new contract after this season.  
Reply/Quote
Another 1st rounder that didn't shine.
Reply/Quote
Seems like the front office hit a home run here with this trade.
Pice has played poorly during his career while Hill has been a good player for the Giants. We needed a pass rushing DT desperately opposite of Larry and now we have one.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
https://www.si.com/nfl/giants/big-blue-plus/b-j-hill-the-good-the-great-and-the-ugly
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 02:44 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Hill better be a hell of a 3T because Price was our most consistent lineman in preseason.  Hopkins played 3 snaps, and the kid from Georgia has been awful. 

I know next to nothing about Hill, but on the surface, I feel like the Bengals gave up quality depth here.  

(08-30-2021, 02:54 PM)Synric Wrote: Michael Jordan and Trey Hill both give G/C versatility and with 11 lineman competing for a roster spot one of the interior guys were on the way out any way you looked at it.

As for Trey Hill don't sleep on him. In 2019 he looked like he was going to be the best Center in the 2021 draft but didnt look the same in 2020 which turned out could have been caused by a meniscus tear in both knees. Hill played well in the Pre-Season.

[Image: 65922728.jpg]

Reply/Quote

Have they played Jordan at center at all?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
They could have at least thrown John Ross in to sweeten the deal.
Reply/Quote
Maybe we got tired of seeing 350 lbs Shelvin getting push around like Little Lord Fauntleroy
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 03:09 PM)pally Wrote: Have they played Jordan at center at all?

No.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 02:51 PM)Okeana Wrote: Maybe I can take a shit in a box and the giants will give me a hundred bucks for it lol

Reply/Quote

(08-30-2021, 02:55 PM)Joelist Wrote: I have to think this came down to asking Pollack a question - has he seen enough out of Trey Hill to believe he is worth the work to coach up. The answer was obviously yes, which is understandable as Hill is superb at anchoring, which is a huge component in player Center well. 

(08-30-2021, 02:57 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I guess I’m okay with this team doubling down on run stuffers. First step to winning is winning in the division. You’ve got Lamar, Chubb and now the rookie in Pitt. Very strong running division, so this does help address that.

That makes me feel better. Hill seemed like a solid pick in the draft. He may not be quite ready yet, but it does make sense if you can get good value for him. We definitely need to go all out to improve our run defense this year. The Ravens and Browns just eat us up. Will be a big test week 1 if we can slow Cook down or not.
Reply/Quote