Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Billy Price traded to Giants
Lou really likes Daniels, but I agree we have "veteran" leadership in the dline room now and Daniels isn't needed. I do remember reading or hearing how coaches loved him though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 04:14 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Now if the Bengals just sign Reiter,I would be really happy.I like the trade.But we need Reiter.He’s still available.

Possible.  No one seems to have pointed out that we also saved roughly $1.3 million from what was due to Price this year, picking up Hill's contract instead.  
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 04:28 PM)Au165 Wrote: Because you only carry 9 OL usually and 10 is max.

Williams
Xavier
Hopkins
Spain
Reiff
Hill
Smith
Carmen
Johnson

There is 9, now do we keep 10? Maybe, but the issue is the roster construction as a whole. If you keep 10 here you have to go lite somewhere else and that is tough with Ossai having to be on the roster through cut down for IR able to return and Waynes out a couple weeks meaning we have to carry 6 CB most likely. Other issue is that is a very interior heavy roster and I'm sure they'd love to carry another tackle. Now can Carmen or Smith play tackle in a pinch? Maybe but if Prince can't make it to PS we could be in some trouble.

I can't help but think that Prince is kept.  I don't think he will make it on the PS, someone will pick him up.  He has been one of the most consistent performers on the line in PS, which I know isn't the be all and end all, but he sure performed better than many of the starters.  

That would just make sense, wouldn't it?  The UDFA from OSU stays and becomes a quality starter and the first round pick busts and is traded away.  
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 11:04 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: The logic here makes no sense to me. 1 preseason game and Smith is our day 1 RG future on the line, Price has a good preseason wow he finally turned a corner he’s so good now (after all the complaining before) - oh no he got traded what are we going to do now?, Chase has a bad preseason with drops with a year out of football and now he’s John Ross 2.0.

Welcome to the world of today, where everything is overreaction and overzealous opinions.  
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 02:36 PM)Trademark Wrote:

Whoah, just saw this, wild. I like it though. I liked BJ Hill in college, Price evidently wasn't impressing enough.

I like adding another Hill to go with our good backup Center in Trey. Its all good. Wanted to drafted BJ Hill years back.

Good interior DL who can rush the passer and stop the run. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 11:29 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I can't help but think that Prince is kept.  I don't think he will make it on the PS, someone will pick him up.  He has been one of the most consistent performers on the line in PS, which I know isn't the be all and end all, but he sure performed better than many of the starters.  

That would just make sense, wouldn't it?  The UDFA from OSU stays and becomes a quality starter and the first round pick busts and is traded away.  

Wild times, just goes to show you the Draft is a crap shoot. Prince is better than Price and Jordan lol
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 04:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wild times, just goes to show you the Draft is a crap shoot. Prince is better than Price and Jordan lol

I feel kind of bad for Price with his injuries and poor offensive line coach.  Jordan for pretty much just his coaching.  But that is life in the NFL.  Wish them both success, unless they end up in that team to the East. 

BTW, I have a meeting coming up in a couple months that my manager will be holding in pittsburgh.  I plan on wearing Bengals gear the entire time I am there.  Might leave an upper-decker in the restroom as well.  
Reply/Quote