Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Billy Price traded to Giants
(08-30-2021, 05:51 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I hope your Dad is not as dumb as some posters in the forum. Ninja 

My guess being a Giants fan he understands the trenches so that makes me happy.

He does. He’s a big time fan of good old fashioned, ground-and-pound football. He was mainly upset at losing someone he thought was a valuable Dlineman, then I sent him some clips and stats on Billy Price and he’s… none too pleased LOL
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 05:11 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

That doesn't belong here go to a Cleveland blog! Ok

Ross is on the Giants...as of now.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 06:58 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Here's a rundown of the last few months:

-Jamar Chase, will we regret the pick?  (There's like 50 pages of this; it's, uh, something.)

-People tried coming up with a nickname for our new kicker.  I didn't read a single page of it so I'm not sure if they came up with one or not.

-Jackson Carmen was on the bottom of the depth chart to start training camp.  Not sure where he is now, I don't follow the preseason or training camp much.

-Will we resign Bates?  Doesn't sound good for this year.  Looking like a tag or a signing after the season.

-We had a funeral for a bird.

That should give you about 75% of the topics covered. Wink

I'm pretty sure none of that's real
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 10:36 PM)Destro Wrote: I'm pretty sure none of that's real

YOU'RE not real man!! 
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 08:05 PM)Mgbrown66 Wrote: Great trade. price is terrible.

That Price is terrible has been the consensus around here for seasons and now there’s angst about trading him. 
Looks like a good deal to me. 
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 10:50 PM)wanga Wrote: That Price is terrible has been the consensus around here for seasons and now there’s angst about trading him. 
Looks like a good deal to me. 

The logic here makes no sense to me. 1 preseason game and Smith is our day 1 RG future on the line, Price has a good preseason wow he finally turned a corner he’s so good now (after all the complaining before) - oh no he got traded what are we going to do now?, Chase has a bad preseason with drops with a year out of football and now he’s John Ross 2.0.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Glad he’s gone.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
No issue with the trade. This was going to be Price's last season here no matter what. He'll probably only last the season in New York before heading off somewhere else next season. Now we have a guy to rotate with Ogunjobi.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 02:37 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: This is questionable… did we need another DT? Some hidden injury out there ugh.

Who is the backup center now? I don’t like this move.

Here is THE DEAL....Price Stinks

This ends the many Bad Top Draft Picks at The End of The Marvin Lewis Era...but don't get me wrong, I hang it on Tobin, Kate Blackburn and Mike Brown as well....But THIS ends The Draft Picks at the End of The Marvin Lewis Era.  The Lousy WR #1 pick.  The Lousy Left Tackle #1 pick. The Lousy Center #1 pick. ...and all these Top Pick BUSTS help put Bengals in Last Place. 

Oh Yeah,  I'm calling it as it is.  Don't blame Zac Taylor for all the awful Draft Picks at the End of The Marvin Lewis Era. 

Price is the last one to go.  Under Zac Taylor we have added Top Picks Jonah Williams at Left Tackle, Joe Burrow at Quarterback and Chase at Wide Receiver.  Let's hope they do better than the awful Top Picks brought in last years of Marvin.  

The Marvin Picks were Dead Weight.  An Anchor holding this team back. You can't blame these lousy picks on Zac Taylor, he wasn't here yet. 

Add ME to the list who thought we should draft Price and he would be Pro Bowl every year. He was Toilet Bowl. I was as wrong as anybody on Ohio State Price.  

So The Marvin Lewis Era last years of Draft Picks are Gone....and THAT is a Good Thing.  They were Awful.  Give Zac Taylor a chance to build his own team, because Taylor had to take over a team with Ogbuhei, Ross, Price locked into First Round Contracts and they were all Lousy.  

The Marvin Lewis Era ENDS with Price now gone....GOOD....That is Good News.....I think The Game changed and Marvin didn't change with it. Of course Marvin was about to be fired years ago, but Zimmer and Gruden came in and made Marvin look good. Once they left, it was all down hill for Marvin. His last years of Top Picks were just Lousy, but now they are gone with the dumping of Ogh, Ross and now Price. Top Picks for Last Place was all they ever were.

Any Team that makes this many awful First Round Picks deserves LAST PLACE...but don't blame Zac Taylor, he didn't draft them. He wasn't even here yet. Hats off to Taylor, He got rid of them. I'm looking for Williams, Burrow and Chase to be much better drafted under Zac Taylor.

ADD ON : If dumping Price makes it possible to pay and re-sign Bates before Vikings Opener, Even Better.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
All the best Billy. You gave us all you had, can't ask for much more.
Reply/Quote
Price was showing vast improvement in this off season.
Other scouts and GMs took notice thus
This was the best time to trade Price
But his value equates to the work that Pollack
Has put in.
If Jim Turner was still the oline coach the Bengals
Couldnt have got a stick of gum for Price.

I watched the Dolphins gash that starting dline
Sunday. There was no push back from the anyone in
The interior. I never saw a,Dolphins RB hit the backfield
Or made to get off his tracks
The Bengals hopefully won this trade
Reply/Quote
I like the trade they obviously think Hopkins is ready to go and you can only start one center. Price had no long term future with the team and he sucks at guard. Hill can help the D-line rotation, I think they planned on moving Hubbard inside on passing downs which got scrapped once Ossai got hurt. Hill can give Larry O some rest or could be paired with him on the inside on passing downs. Are depth wasn’t good at DT , Wren was a project , Mike Daniels is washed up, Shelvin an overhyped rookie who sat out last year and has had conditioning issues/ weight issues in the past.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 01:26 AM)kevin Wrote: Here is THE DEAL....Price Stinks

This ends the many Bad Top Draft Picks at The End of The Marvin Lewis Era...but don't get me wrong, I hang it on Tobin, Kate Blackburn and Mike Brown as well....But THIS ends The Draft Picks at the End of The Marvin Lewis Era.  The Lousy WR #1 pick.  The Lousy Left Tackle #1 pick. The Lousy Center #1 pick. ...and all these Top Pick BUSTS help put Bengals in Last Place. 

Oh Yeah,  I'm calling it as it is.  Don't blame Zac Taylor for all the awful Draft Picks at the End of The Marvin Lewis Era. 

Price is the last one to go.  Under Zac Taylor we have added Top Picks Jonah Williams at Left Tackle, Joe Burrow at Quarterback and Chase at Wide Receiver.  Let's hope they do better than the awful Top Picks brought in last years of Marvin.  

The Marvin Picks were Dead Weight.  An Anchor holding this team back. You can't blame these lousy picks on Zac Taylor, he wasn't here yet. 

Add ME to the list who thought we should draft Price and he would be Pro Bowl every year. He was Toilet Bowl. I was as wrong as anybody on Ohio State Price.  

So The Marvin Lewis Era last years of Draft Picks are Gone....and THAT is a Good Thing.  They were Awful.  Give Zac Taylor a chance to build his own team, because Taylor had to take over a team with Ogbuhei, Ross, Price locked into First Round Contracts and they were all Lousy.  

The Marvin Lewis Era ENDS with Price now gone....GOOD....That is Good News.....I think The Game changed and Marvin didn't change with it. Of course Marvin was about to be fired years ago, but Zimmer and Gruden came in and made Marvin look good.  Once they left, it was all down hill for Marvin.  His last years of Top Picks were just Lousy, but now they are gone with the dumping of Ogh, Ross and now Price.  Top Picks for Last Place was all they ever were.

Any Team that makes this many awful First Round Picks deserves LAST PLACE...but don't blame Zac Taylor, he didn't draft them. He wasn't even here yet.  Hats off to Taylor, He got rid of them.  I'm looking for Williams, Burrow and Chase to be much better drafted under Zac Taylor.

ADD ON :  If dumping Price makes it possible to pay and re-sign Bates before Vikings Opener,  Even Better.

Since you dumped on Marvin and his draft picks i'll make sure to go the other way.  

Under Marvin, the Bengals were 131-129.  So in the last 30 years, 16 of which were coached by Marvin, the other 14 years the Bengals are 55-137.  So Shula, LeBeau, Coslet, and Taylor are all 55-137.   What does this say about the over history of this organization.

I'm one who truly believed it was time for Marvin to go, but trying to shit on him when he will be in the ROH someday is down right shitty.  I mean at least the dude had scholarship opportunities for local high school kids.  WTF does Zac Taylor do? Does he have charities or something he does in the local area?  I haven't heard of anything.  

Anyway, lets have a great year.  
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 01:26 AM)kevin Wrote: Here is THE DEAL....Price Stinks

The Marvin Lewis Era ENDS with Price now gone....GOOD....That is Good News.....I think The Game changed and Marvin didn't change with it. Of course Marvin was about to be fired years ago, but Zimmer and Gruden came in and made Marvin look good. Once they left, it was all down hill for Marvin. His last years of Top Picks were just Lousy, but now they are gone with the dumping of Ogh, Ross and now Price. Top Picks for Last Place was all they ever were.

Any Team that makes this many awful First Round Picks deserves LAST PLACE...but don't blame Zac Taylor, he didn't draft them. He wasn't even here yet. Hats off to Taylor, He got rid of them. I'm looking for Williams, Burrow and Chase to be much better drafted under Zac Taylor.

ADD ON : If dumping Price makes it possible to pay and re-sign Bates before Vikings Opener, Even Better.

You know Jessie Bates was a Marvin pick right? LOL
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 03:39 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: My dad is a huge Giants fan and absolutely hates this trade. He doesn’t even know who Billy Price is and is livid LOL

Sorry to say, but this makes me a bit happier, and the fact that a 7th round draft pick is included makes me even more happier.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 01:26 AM)kevin Wrote: So The Marvin Lewis Era last years of Draft Picks are Gone....and THAT is a Good Thing.

Still got to get rid of Hubbard and Bates.

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Price has been up and down, and having Turner coach him for two formative years didn’t help. That Pollack got him coached up to the point where we got a player and a pick for him so fast speaks both to him working and Pollack’s teaching. I have to think the trade meant Pollack felt Trey Hill had what they needed and just needs technique.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 11:13 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Still got to get rid of Hubbard and Bates.

Hilarious

Boyd too!
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 03:06 PM)Sled21 Wrote: https://www.si.com/nfl/giants/big-blue-plus/b-j-hill-the-good-the-great-and-the-ugly

Great share!  When do articles about Bengal players come out like this?   

FWIW, I love the part about hustle.  If you have a whole team of guys like this, you wear down the opponent.  
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 03:40 PM)Mobster Wrote: Yeah, Wren wasn't making the team anyway. Mike Daniels is probably the odd guy out now. Can't see them keeping 6 DTs

Good point.  I like the guy's energy and his enthusiasm, but he has shown very little (Daniels).  Wren has all the tools, but needs a lot of technique work.  Buries his head all the time and RB goes right by him.  PS should be helpful with a year to develop rather than just recover. 
Reply/Quote