Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Billy Price traded to Giants
(08-30-2021, 03:56 PM)Au165 Wrote: Albert Breer reporting multiple teams had called about Price and even asked about Michael Jordan. I have said repeatedly how bad depth across the NFL is on the O line and for once I actually feel decent about the depth. The starting upside may not be high end but our depth is solid I think.

I'd be against trading MJ. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 04:04 PM)jj22 Wrote: I'd be against trading MJ. 

I actually think he's turned a corner. Let Sua Filo and Spain start but if they struggle I'd be for giving him another crack. The issue is Smith and Carmen are still in play and you also have Hill so that's 8 plus a swing tackle for 9. If you kept Jordan you'd be at 10 which is a little heavy, especially knowing we have to carry Ossai to put him on IR able to return. 
Reply/Quote
Good trade. Wish we could pick up an o-lineman somewhere though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 02:36 PM)Trademark Wrote:

Another first round pick by the Bengals that stunk. Fire every scout who picks our O-Line. Burrow will down by week 9
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 04:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Good trade. Wish we could pick up an o-lineman somewhere though.

I like Tyrell Crosby from the Lions who got cut as a potential swing tackle upgrade.
Reply/Quote
That's the second BJ ( Finney ) they traded for, I thinks they hear BJ and say yea that sounds good
Reply/Quote
Now if the Bengals just sign Reiter,I would be really happy.I like the trade.But we need Reiter.He’s still available.
Reply/Quote
Solid trade, billy price is worth less than the paper he signed his name on.

Sent from my BE2026 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Reading reports theyre shopping around MJ too…. We are going to be extremely thin on depth at Oline… I mean, these guys haven’t been good here but it’s still weird to trade them all away in a fire sale.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 03:42 PM)jj22 Wrote: I like the idea of trading him. Not sure about the player. Isn't DT pretty crowded?

We had nobody to play 3T other than Larry O.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 04:25 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Reading reports theyre shopping around MJ too…. We are going to be extremely thin on depth at Oline… I mean, these guys haven’t been good here but it’s still weird to trade them all away in a fire sale.

Because you only carry 9 OL usually and 10 is max.

Williams
Xavier
Hopkins
Spain
Reiff
Hill
Smith
Carmen
Johnson

There is 9, now do we keep 10? Maybe, but the issue is the roster construction as a whole. If you keep 10 here you have to go lite somewhere else and that is tough with Ossai having to be on the roster through cut down for IR able to return and Waynes out a couple weeks meaning we have to carry 6 CB most likely. Other issue is that is a very interior heavy roster and I'm sure they'd love to carry another tackle. Now can Carmen or Smith play tackle in a pinch? Maybe but if Prince can't make it to PS we could be in some trouble.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 04:28 PM)Au165 Wrote: Because you only carry 9 OL usually and 10 is max.

Williams
Xavier
Hopkins
Spain
Reiff
Hill
Smith
Carmen
Johnson

There is 9, now do we keep 10? Maybe, but the issue is the roster construction as a whole. If you keep 10 here you have to go lite somewhere else and that is tough with Ossai having to be on the roster through cut down for IR able to return and Waynes out a couple weeks meaning we have to carry 6 CB most likely. 

I get it, I just think banking on 3 unproven rookies and Fred Johnson as depth is troubling…. Not that Billy or MJ are any good either.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 04:11 PM)Au165 Wrote: I like Tyrell Crosby from the Lions who got cut as a potential swing tackle upgrade.

There has to be someone in these final cuts that would be an upgrade.

(08-30-2021, 04:13 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: That's the second BJ ( Finney ) they traded for, I thinks they hear BJ and say yea that sounds good

Being a Bengals fan certainly sucks, so it fits the theme.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 04:13 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: That's the second BJ ( Finney ) they traded for, I thinks they hear BJ and say yea that sounds good

Let’s be honest, don’t we all?
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 04:29 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I get it, I just think banking on 3 unproven rookies and Fred Johnson as depth is troubling…. Not that Billy or MJ are any good either.

You aren't cutting Carmen or Smith because of their draft status and upside...so where do we cut? Hill? Now you have no back up center and if you go get one you are still interior heavy and Jordan is still on the outside looking in. I think there is a Fred Johnson upgrade out there potentially but we really don't have the room to carry a bunch more guys here.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 04:25 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Reading reports theyre shopping around MJ too…. We are going to be extremely thin on depth at Oline… I mean, these guys haven’t been good here but it’s still weird to trade them all away in a fire sale.

Weird that they would sell the youth to keep the aged (and would be out of league) Vets. Maybe if Burrow wasn't coming off injury it would be different. 

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 04:31 PM)Au165 Wrote: You aren't cutting Carmen or Smith because of their draft status and upside...so where do we cut? Hill? Now you have no back up center and if you go get one you are still interior heavy and Jordan is still on the outside looking in. 

You make it sound like a no brainer inevitable move but I haven’t heard a word on any of this until today.

Personally, I think putting Hill on PS was a safer move but if we can get another good player or pick for MJ might as well…
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 04:33 PM)jj22 Wrote: Weird that they would sell the youth to keep the aged (and would be out of league) VETS. Maybe if Burrow wasn't coming off injury it would be different. 

I think teams are more asking then we are shopping. It's a numbers game and other teams do roster projections too to predict potential cuts and I am sure with the youth we have at guard in Carmen and Smith they see Jordan as a potential casualty they can jump on.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 04:34 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: You make it sound like a no brainer inevitable move but I haven’t heard a word on any of this until today.

Personally, I think putting Hill on PS was a safer move but if we can get another good player or pick for MJ might as well…

Who is your backup center for game day with Price gone?
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 04:31 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Let’s be honest, don’t we all?

As long as we don't stank (up the season), Chase's baby mama would say....

Reply/Quote