Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Billy Price traded to Giants
(08-30-2021, 03:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Maybe we got tired of seeing 350 lbs Shelvin getting push around like Little Lord Fauntleroy

Shelvin had a couple nice stops against Miami.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Trey Hill vs Washington.

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
The deal also includes a conditional 7th round pick for the Bengals

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 03:19 PM)pally Wrote: The deal also includes a conditional 7th round pick for the Bengals

Well that's even better!
Reply/Quote
I wonder if this,means Renell Wren is
In danger of being cut.
Plus it looks like Cam Sample will be getting
More looks at DE now?
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 03:18 PM)Synric Wrote: Trey Hill vs Washington.

Woof. Hadnt seen that montage before. That's awesome.

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 03:22 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I wonder if this,means Renell Wren is
In danger of being cut.
More looks at DE now?

2 things:

1. I can't see a world where Wren is on this team. He will be PS'd for sure, I can't see a world where he's not on PS lol
2. Sample is a DE and always was, a DE. Drew Boylhart compared him to a slightly-shorter Dunlap, with a better motor.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 03:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: 65922728.jpg]

Through three games, 74 snaps, PFF has him rated at a 44, with a 12 at pass blocking.  Keep Burrow protected, right?
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 03:26 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 2 things:

1. I can't see a world where Wren is on this team. He will be PS'd for sure, I can't see a world where he's not on PS lol
2. Sample is a DE and always was, a DE. Drew Boylhart compared him to a slightly-shorter Dunlap, with a better motor.

Ok. II though there was talk of Sample moving inside 
From time to time kind of a hybrid DT/DE.
I thought Wren was going to show more than he has
Him and Shelvin just didnt move the needle this preseason
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 03:18 PM)Synric Wrote: Trey Hill vs Washington.

Good lord.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 03:30 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Through three games, 74 snaps, PFF has him rated at a 44, with a 12 at pass blocking.  Keep Burrow protected, right?

That’s surprising. He was bullying dudes against WFT.

Reply/Quote
My dad is a huge Giants fan and absolutely hates this trade. He doesn’t even know who Billy Price is and is livid LOL
Reply/Quote
In danger of being cut.
More looks at DE now?

Yeah, Wren wasn't making the team anyway. Mike Daniels is probably the odd guy out now. Can't see them keeping 6 DTs
Reply/Quote
I like the idea of trading him. Not sure about the player. Isn't DT pretty crowded?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
In danger of being cut.
More looks at DE now?

For my money, Wren was already on the outside looking in. 

Pre-trade/ Ossai injury, I thought we'd keep 10: Hendrickson, Reader, Ogunjobi, Hubbard; Ossai, Tupou, Daniels, Sample, plus Shelvin & Kareem or Hodge.  Ogunjobi did not play the first pre-season game and Tupou started next to Reader, and got the starter treatment (2 series/6 snaps). That was a tell for me. He is ahead of Daniels & Wren. Nothing since has changed that in my view.  

With Ossai's injury, I think both Kareem and Hodge make it. Spence had a stupid penalty that should get him cut. On the interior, Reader & Ogunjobi will start. The Bengals just drafted Shelvin, he ain't getting cut, and Tupou seems ahead of Daniels & Wren at DT (and he is a mire natural NT). Keeping 3 NT types and living with 2 3Ts always seemed the likely scenario, especially when Tupou started at 3T. Sample/Hubbard/Kareem will move inside for obvious pass rushing downs. Hill looks to be an upgrade on Daniels & Wren, who both will likely get cut. Though I could see either/both on the PS. 

On offense, I think this means Trey Hill obviously makes the roster as the backup C. Jonah, Spain, Hopkins, XSF, Reiff + Smith, Carman, Hill, Jordan + Johnson/Prince. 

FWIW, Price was due to make around $3.7 mil this year. Trey Hill $700,000. On the other side, BJ Hill makes $2.4 mil, Daniels $1.4 mil. If that is how the cookie crumbles, we save around $2 mil. 
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 03:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Maybe we got tired of seeing 350 lbs Shelvin getting push around like Little Lord Fauntleroy

Now now Bfine. He took a year off!!! 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Albert Breer reporting multiple teams had called about Price and even asked about Michael Jordan. I have said repeatedly how bad depth across the NFL is on the O line and for once I actually feel decent about the depth. The starting upside may not be high end but our depth is solid I think.
Reply/Quote
Their contracts are nice and close as well.... so this doesn't affect any major contracts.

Price: base salary of $2,077,158

Hill: base salary of $2,133,000

per https://www.spotrac.com/nfl
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 03:56 PM)Au165 Wrote: Albert Breer reporting multiple teams had called about Price and even asked about Michael Jordan. I have said repeatedly how bad depth across the NFL is on the O line and for once I actually feel decent about the depth. The starting upside may not be high end but our depth is solid I think.

I wonder if that is still a possibility. The Bengals are at 10 OL right now after the Price trade and like most NFL teams usually only carry 9 offensive linemen. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Sadly Priced never transitioned from college to pros., he was an excellent center in college but just did not do well in the NFL, hopefully he stays healthy, new team, new coaches, maybe new scheme will help him.
Reply/Quote