Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Black Lives matter shuts down Bernie
(08-15-2015, 12:18 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: No, I don't get it.

You're injecting an argument that I never made and argued against that.  That's the very definition of strawman. 

A strawman is claiming you said something that you did not.

All I said was that you have never mentioned it at all.

That is called "making a point", not a "strawman argument"
(08-15-2015, 12:20 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Maybe you can highlight my personal attack. 

(08-15-2015, 11:11 AM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote:  

It seems to me that you're the type of person that's had arguments with the Fox News watching, GOP-loving conservatives in the past, and rather than arguing with me over the points that I make, project whatever nonsense you've been told in the past as though I personally said any of those things.
(08-15-2015, 12:18 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: We were discussing social welfare programs here.  If you can't stick on topic and make a solid point without the insertion of strawmen, then perhaps political discourse and debate is out of your domain.  

We have been discussing a broad spectrum of topics regarding the waste of taxpayer money.  Go back and look at how this conversation started.

Since you have been crying endlessly about how foodstamp recipients are driving you crazy when they buy soda i thought It would be proper to point out that you have been completely silent about corporate welfare and fraud costing you thousands of times more than foodstamp recipients.
Quote:jakefromstatefarm Wrote:  

It seems to me that you're the type of person that's had arguments with the Fox News watching, GOP-loving conservatives in the past, and rather than arguing with me over the points that I make, project whatever nonsense you've been told in the past as though I personally said any of those things.

I don't see a personal attack there.  
(08-15-2015, 12:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We have been discussing a broad spectrum of topics regarding the waste of taxpayer money.  Go back and look at how this conversation started.

Since you have been crying endlessly about how foodstamp recipients are driving you crazy when they buy soda i thought It would be proper to point out that you have been completely silent about corporate welfare and fraud costing you thousands of times more than foodstamp recipients.

I'm not crying endlessly about anything. 

I'm anti-corporatist, which means that I don't vote for the GOP or the DNC, who both take part in it to the same degree. 

I don't lash out at cons while going to the election booth every 4 years to vote for the other corporatist party.  
(08-15-2015, 12:37 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: I don't see a personal attack there.  

Exactly.  

Thanks for proving my point.
(08-15-2015, 12:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Exactly.  

Thanks for proving my point.

I didn't see a point in any of your posts either, FWIW.  
Would it matter if one of their leaders wasn't black?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/shaun-king-black-lives-matter-activist-denies-he-lied-about-race/

Would his life only half matter?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]