Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Black Lives matter shuts down Bernie
(08-11-2015, 09:38 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/08/black-lives-matter-protesters-attempt-disrupt-hillary-clinton-2016-event-121269.html?cmpid=sf#ixzz3iXeS3kQD

Hillary campaigns bars them from entering her event, but she meets with them in private afterwards.

Apparently a group just needs to be loud and disrespectful and you get a private meeting with a Democratic candidate.

Imagine this happening with Code Pink and Republicans in 2004.

BLM needs barred and not shown any attention. You can't reward bad behavior.
(08-11-2015, 09:38 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/08/black-lives-matter-protesters-attempt-disrupt-hillary-clinton-2016-event-121269.html?cmpid=sf#ixzz3iXeS3kQD

Hillary campaigns bars them from entering her event, but she meets with them in private afterwards.

Apparently a group just needs to be loud and disrespectful and you get a private meeting with a Democratic candidate.

Imagine this happening with Code Pink and Republicans in 2004.

Plus I'm sure the Secret Service would have something to say about people rushing the stage she is on.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-12-2015, 01:49 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Plus I'm sure the Secret Service would have something to say about people rushing the stage she is on.

It looks like they didn't get through the Secret Service check
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(08-12-2015, 01:49 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Plus I'm sure the Secret Service would have something to say about people rushing the stage she is on.

I'm sure Bernie has some type of security as well, which is why I said earlier if he didn't put them up to it he is at least allowing it for political gain.
(08-11-2015, 06:27 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Please tell me which valuable government benefits that I'm receiving for my taxes paid?

Clean air.
Clean water.
Safe food.
Medicine that has medicine in it.
Insurance companies that have funds to pay your claims.
Protection from disease outbreaks.
Banks that have money to lend you and also have to keep your deposits safe.
Roads.
Air travel.
Military protection.
National parks.
Educated work force.
Natural disaster relief.
Waterways to transport goods.
Court systems to protect your civil rights, settle economic claims, and control crime.
Safe work environment.
Protection of the free market from monopolies, collusion, and price fixing.

And depending on what state you live in a major portion of state funded services like schools, police protection, fire protection, and roads.
(08-13-2015, 12:56 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Clean air.
Clean water.
Safe food.
Banks that have money to lend you, and also have to keep your deposits safe.
Roads.
Air travel.
Military protection.
National parks.
Educated work force.
Natural disaster relief.
Court systems to protect your civil rights, settle economic claims, and control crime.
Safe work environment.

And depending on what state you live in a major portion of state funded services like schools, police protection, fire protection, and roads.

I could do away with several of those at the federal level. Some should be state ran.
(08-13-2015, 07:37 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I could  do away with several of those at the federal level.   Some should be state ran.

Because water and air stay only in the state they originate in.  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-13-2015, 07:37 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I could  do away with several of those at the federal level.   Some should be state ran.

Imagine how inefficient it would be to have to get medicine approved in 50 states.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Which ones should be state run and why would it make things better?

Generally doing the same thing 50 different times costs a lot more than just doing it once.
Clean water.
Safe food.
Roads.
Air travel.
Military protection.
National parks.
Educated work force.
Natural disaster relief.
Safe work environment.

Is the baby mama that doesn't work and gets more benefits from taxpayer money than she pays in getting those same benefits?
(08-13-2015, 02:34 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Is the baby mama that doesn't work and gets more benefits from taxpayer money than she pays in getting those same benefits?

Are we talking about an actual person or the "welfare queen" myth that St. Ronnie started?
(08-13-2015, 03:05 PM)GMDino Wrote: Are we talking about an actual person or the "welfare queen" myth that St. Ronnie started?

We're talking about actual people that do nothing but mooch off of the system. 

If you don't think such people exist, go visit a department of job and family services office for a day and report back to me.  
(08-13-2015, 03:31 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: We're talking about actual people that do nothing but mooch off of the system. 

If you don't think such people exist, go visit a department of job and family services office for a day and report back to me.  

I'm sure there are.

Let's not cut off our nose to spite our face.
(08-13-2015, 03:36 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'm sure there are.

Let's not cut off our nose to spite our face.

I agree.  Let's help out those that are trying by not making them choose between taking a promotion and losing government handouts. 

Let's punish those that are just trying to work the system by making it as uncomfortable as possible.  
Clean water.
Safe food.
**Insurance companies that have funds to pay your claims.
Roads.
Air travel.
Military protection.
National parks.
Educated work force.
**Natural disaster relief.
Safe work environment.

Bolded are ones that can be state controlled.  

** are ones that can be eliminated

The last one on business regulation was pretty broad but we can find lots in there to eliminate.   I don't advocate no regulation,  but I do think we can have a lot less to open up more competition.  The start up costs plus high regulation costs make it difficult for small business to get going.

On air travel.... If you mean air traffic controllers then yes that's a federal thing. Same with waterways, I view that as more of a military/defense thing. But if your talking about the TSA. No airlines should handle that....
(08-13-2015, 02:34 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Is the baby mama that doesn't work and gets more benefits from taxpayer money than she pays in getting those same benefits?

You know when I realize I have won an argument.

When the other person tries to change the subject. ThumbsUp

But actually large businesses benefit more from government built infrastructure than a girl on welfare.  A girl on welfare does not need a stable banking system to finance her busness transactions.  A girl on welfare does not need our military to maintain stable markets overseas.  A girl on welfare does not need a highway system and waterways to transport her goods.  A girl on welfare does not need protection from monopolies that will drive her out of business.  A girl on welfare does not need extensive air travel.  A girl on welfare does not need a regulated market for the selling and buying of stocks.  
(08-13-2015, 04:01 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Let's punish those that are just trying to work the system by making it as uncomfortable as possible.  

And at the same time punish the people who are working hard but still can't make ends meet?

The claim that every person who receives government assistance is just lazy and working the system is a myth.

And how does making them suffer increase the number of jobs available out there?

You need to spend a day in the unemployment office.  Then go find the temp service in your area.  People are looking hard for work.  Cutting off their benefits will not magically make more well paying jobs appear out of thin air.
(08-13-2015, 07:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You know when I realize I have won an argument.

When the other person tries to change the subject. ThumbsUp

But actually large businesses benefit more from government built infrastructure than a girl on welfare.  A girl on welfare does not need a stable banking system to finance her busness transactions.  A girl on welfare does not need our military to maintain stable markets overseas.  A girl on welfare does not need a highway system and waterways to transport her goods.  A girl on welfare does not need protection from monopolies that will drive her out of business.  A girl on welfare does not need extensive air travel.  A girl on welfare does not need a regulated market for the selling and buying of stocks.  

Your paragraph above is ridiculous. 

People on welfare don't drive or benefit from the freedom that the military provides?  Geez....it's bad enough that liberals think so little of them that they don't think they're capable of procuring an ID to ensure legitimate elections, I wasn't aware that they are so insignificant that they didn't even benefit from freedom or ever use a public street. 

Further, when did I change the subject?  You are the one who suggested that somehow I benefit so much from my tax dollars, and I questioned exactly how.  You then provided a list of things that nearly everyone in America benefits from.

Going one step further, by the way you posted that list, you seem to be promoting the idea of a consumption tax, which I could get behind. 
(08-13-2015, 07:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And at the same time punish the people who are working hard but still can't make ends meet?

The claim that every person who receives government assistance is just lazy and working the system is a myth.

And how does making them suffer increase the number of jobs available out there?

You need to spend a day in the unemployment office.  Then go find the temp service in your area.  People are looking hard for work.  Cutting off their benefits will not magically make more well paying jobs appear out of thin air.

Again with more strawmen.

When did I say that every person on government assistance is lazy?  Did you not read the sentence above the one you quoted where I said we shouldn't discourage people on government assistance from taking promotions or making more money???

The next time you post a response to me without some ridiculous strawman will be the first time. 
(08-13-2015, 07:36 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote:   You are the one who suggested that somehow I benefit so much from my tax dollars, and I questioned exactly how.  You then provided a list of things that nearly everyone in America benefits from.

A list of things that you benefit from but do not want to pay for.