Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Blame Burrow
...but not for the reasons you think. HE should SIT HIMSELF instead of going out there and try to prove he can play through an injury he obviously can't play through. ZERO CHANCE Taylor would play him unless Joe, himself, gave the ok. Yes Taylor should be the one to decide, but I think Burrow has enough pull to talk ZT out of what, to most, would seem a common sense choice.
Burrow needs to sit out AT LEAST the next two games and get ready for the second half of the season. They still have a good chance at the playoffs because it's so early in the season, but you've got to have a 100% healthy Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 10:22 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: ...but not for the reasons you think. HE should SIT HIMSELF instead of going out there and try to prove he can play through an injury he obviously can't play through. ZERO CHANCE Taylor would play him unless Joe, himself, gave the ok. Yes Taylor should be the one to decide, but I think Burrow has enough pull to talk ZT out of what, to most, would seem a common sense choice.
Burrow needs to sit out AT LEAST the next two games and get ready for the second half of the season. They still have a good chance at the playoffs because it's so early in the season, but you've got to have a 100% healthy Burrow.

They are done. 1-3 is a huge hill to climb with a healthy Burrow. With this Burrow or a backup there’s no chance.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Zac is the Head Coach. His job is to be the adult in the room who steers the team regardless of if the players prefer it. He might not make the right decision, but it's his decision to make as long as he's the head coach and is collecting that paycheck.

SHOULD Burrow sit himself? Yes. Is it his fault he won't? No. That's not his job.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I read his post-game interview. He says he feels good and teams not executing.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 10:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I read his post-game interview. He says he feels good and teams not executing.

That’s ridiculous.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Burrow is giving the Aaron Rodgers lie. Aaron texted him and said to not make a big deal about the injury (this is what NFL players do, maybe not to give a hint to opposing defenses or look like you're complaining about yourself). Burrow said he texted him to ask him about it since he's dealt with calf issues his entire career.

I mean the press conferences are all lies, it's sad to see we don't have an honest Burrow anymore. Or is he being honest and can't see the truth lol. What has Zac Taylor told us in a press conference that was eye opening or honest? They lie to keep their job.

Aaron was one of the best passers of the football in league history, won as uperbowl in his 3rd year and 15 years later never went back. Maybe Joe should be taking advice from Mahomes and Brady. It's not like Mahomes would really help, he's still active - as is Aaron.

Burrow is thinking a lot, it's evident, and we're losing partially because of that. It's no longer a learn, see and react game for him. That said, Titans Defense is very good and Derrick Henry is still the king. Our schedule is a crusher. We would have lost that playoff game if it wasn't for Eli apple, Titans were going to end up with a FG. You need a little luck to make it to the superbowl and the ball bounced our way that entire year. Now, Lady Luck is balancing the world out.
Reply/Quote
I’m not sold it’s the calf. He might be hurt but he isn’t injured. What we are seeing is a mass failure on offense. This is different. It’s an implosion of the system. Likely can’t get fixed until the offseason.

Folks using Burrows injury as a clutch are just in dismay over what they are seeing and it’s the only answer they have that gives any hope that the fix is good health.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 10:27 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Zac is the Head Coach. His job is to be the adult in the room who steers the team regardless of if the players prefer it. He might not make the right decision, but it's his decision to make as long as he's the head coach and is collecting that paycheck.

SHOULD Burrow sit himself? Yes. Is it his fault he won't? No. That's not his job.

But unlike you, I'm not 100% certain it's the HC's call. Maybe he's collecting his paycheck because he's doing as the FO demands. 

We all saw JB and Mikey take the Golf cart ride in the PS and most thought JB was upset because Mikey said we'll sit you if we need to. It's quite possible Mikey said I'm paying you $275 Mil, now rub some dirt on it and get out there. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 10:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: I’m not sold it’s the calf. He might be hurt but he isn’t injured. What we are seeing is a mass failure on offense. This is different. It’s an implosion of the system. Likely can’t get fixed until the offseason.

Folks using Burrows injury as a clutch are just in dismay over what they are seeing and it’s the only answer they have that gives any hope that the fix is good health.

He doesn’t move. He can’t throw deep. Did he lose the ability all of a sudden?

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 10:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I read his post-game interview. He says he feels good and teams not executing.

He can say whatever he wants but the coaching staff of other teams can watch film and see Burrow is Mr. Dink and Dunk while not having the ability to leave the pocket.  He is not fooling anyone.  Burrow is a liability and everyone knows it except Burrow and maybe Taylor.  Taylor needs to grow some nads and tell Burrow he is sitting because the offense cant do anything with him being an injured statue in the pocket throwing a bunch of screens and dump off throws.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 10:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But unlike you, I'm not 100% certain it's the HC's call. Maybe he's collecting his paycheck because he's doing as the FO demands. 

We all saw JB and Mikey take the Golf cart ride in the PS and most thought JB was upset because Mikey said we'll sit you if we need to. It's quite possible Mikey said I'm paying you $275 Mil, now rub some dirt on it and get out there. 

I could certainly see that.  Let's be honest, if MB wants a SB before he dies he doesn't have time to take a year off, the dude is 88 and that's older than I thought he was.  I think Burrow probably has an unhealthy desire to be on the field and ZT realizes his W/L record sans Burrow is Dave Shula bad...so it's easy to see this as troublesome teamwork.

It's possible all 3 of them want exactly what we're getting (minus it resulting in L's) and all 3 of them are invincible regardless of how it turns out.  Maybe if we go like 3-14 ZT is on the hot seat.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 10:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: I’m not sold it’s the calf. He might be hurt but he isn’t injured. What we are seeing is a mass failure on offense. This is different. It’s an implosion of the system. Likely can’t get fixed until the offseason.

Dude, it's the calf. 

He can't move in the pocket. He has nothing on his throws. He can't plant or drive the ball down field. It's effecting his other mechanics and he's not nearly as accurate. 

To think it's anything other than the calf is just crazy. Are you watching him out there? He's a sitting duck. Defenses will continue to game plan to blitz the shit out of him. At this point I'm more worried about him getting injured other than the calf. He can't escape pressure. It's irrisponsible as shit for ZT to keep running him out there. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 10:26 PM)michaelsean Wrote: They are done. 1-3 is a huge hill to climb with a healthy Burrow. With this Burrow or a backup there’s no chance.

Not at all.  8-8 has gotten teams into the playoffs before with the wild card.  This team is 1-3, with 12 games remaining.  Would you rather have a half assed Burrow for the last 12 games or a totally healthy Burrow for the last 9-10 games?
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 10:39 PM)michaelsean Wrote: He doesn’t move. He can’t throw deep. Did he lose the ability all of a sudden?

Did he? He doesn’t have to move to beat a blitz. Those Te screen to CJ used to work. Screens to Perine slowed them down. These wide receiver screens tho…….He got the ball out deep in 2021 quickly due to not having an Oline. He’s gone deep this season. The ball has just hit out of bounds. Sure we miss the escapes and playground plays but those came when Burrow had a pocket and just bought more time. He’s made plenty of plays at the top of the drop and he is dropping back out of shotgun still. 

His reads are off. Chase has been open. So has Tee.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 10:45 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: Not at all.  8-8 has gotten teams into the playoffs before with the wild card.  This team is 1-3, with 12 games remaining.  Would you rather have a half assed Burrow for the last 12 games or a totally healthy Burrow for the last 9-10 games?

The division sucks ass all of the sudden now too. Injuries have riddled teams. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 10:27 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Zac is the Head Coach. His job is to be the adult in the room who steers the team regardless of if the players prefer it. He might not make the right decision, but it's his decision to make as long as he's the head coach and is collecting that paycheck.

....but it IS his job....just as much as Taylor's.  You haven't heard Burrow come out and say he couldn't go full speed but Taylor made him play, but you HAVE heard Taylor say Burrow has said he feels good enough to go.  A cocky player who feels he is infallible, and a coach that can't use common sense are not good combinations.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 10:47 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The division sucks ass all of the sudden now too. Injuries have riddled teams. 

BAL probably knocks us out of the playoffs with Lamar last year lol
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 10:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I read his post-game interview. He says he feels good and teams not executing.
LMAO.....right.  His movement in the pocket proves he is lying.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 10:47 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The division sucks ass all of the sudden now too. Injuries have riddled teams. 

The Steelers sucking almost as much as us has been one of the only bright spots of this season.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 10:43 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Dude, it's the calf. 

He can't move in the pocket. He has nothing on his throws. He can't plant or drive the ball down field. It's effecting his other mechanics and he's not nearly as accurate. 

To think it's anything other than the calf is just crazy. Are you watching him out there? He's a sitting duck. Defenses will continue to game plan to blitz the shit out of him. At this point I'm more worried about him getting injured other than the calf. He can't escape pressure. It's irrisponsible as shit for ZT to keep running him out there. 

You don’t have to move to beat the blitz. Have you been watching. Check chases breakout game against the chiefs. That ball was out and quick. Check all the 2021 tape. Burrow has always been a pocket passer. A classic QB. Him being a Brady like statue back there doesn’t hirt him like you guys are making it out to. Maybe other qbs but not Burrow who has proven time and time again he can throw from a phone booth. 

Now y’all just insulting him acting like his game hasn’t been the classic pocket passer.

Reply/Quote