Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Blame the run game
(11-26-2023, 08:04 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: All the $$ we invested in line and they can't block man on man,  get rid of Pollack adds a RB pretty simple start

Since 1994 we've had Paul Alexander, Jim Turner, and Frank Pollack as our o-line coaches.  I almost hazard to guess who we'd bring in if we fired Pollack.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 07:22 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: So, I guess averaging two yards per carry warrants more run plays. What the heck, give it to Mixon 50 times so he can get 100 yards. With the Bengal run game I would hope they throw it 80% of the time.

Well he had he avg. 22yds a catch so obviously we weren't throwing to him enough. Hopefully this let's you see how silly your logic is on that one. The problem with throwing 80% of the time is we get our QB hurt.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 08:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Since 1994 we've had Paul Alexander, Jim Turner, and Frank Pollack as our o-line coaches.  I almost hazard to guess who we'd bring in if we fired Pollack.

Alexander had success, turner was here short time with no success and Pollack has bern here 2x with little success so replace him
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 07:07 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I don’t understand the people who blame Zac for not running the ball more.

The run game is HORRENDOUS. You can’t keep attempting to run the ball when you’re running for TWO (2) yards a pop

The run game is terrible. Running it more isn’t going to help. They have to re-design the entire run game

It's not that the running game is atrocious, tbh it's just flawed, there's not much installation for the run game..if Zac really wanted to build a successful running game he would have done it by now, but he hasn't because he would much rather have the build in excuse that the running game was ineffective so he can keep calling pass plays.
Reply/Quote
If 25 years of rushing can’t win a game I don’t know what can.
Reply/Quote
Zac or mixon whose fault

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38987164/zac-taylor-defends-joe-mixon-rb-rushes-16-yards
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 07:07 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I don’t understand the people who blame Zac for not running the ball more.

The run game is HORRENDOUS. You can’t keep attempting to run the ball when you’re running for TWO (2) yards a pop

The run game is terrible. Running it more isn’t going to help. They have to re-design the entire run game

This is unfortunately correct.  The offense is designed to throw most of the time and push the ball down the field.  It's usefulness in ball-control scenarios..  

The only time I get upset with them for not running is when it's actually working and they abandon it anyway.  It's not a frequent occurrence.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 08:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Since 1994 we've had Paul Alexander, Jim Turner, and Frank Pollack as our o-line coaches.  I almost hazard to guess who we'd bring in if we fired Pollack.

This possibility has materialized in my paranoid mind lately.  

If you were betting money, nobody would call you stupid to put your cash down on PA.  
Reply/Quote
They called runs in obvious situations.

Also, they rarely use play action.

It's largely a high school offense.
Reply/Quote
Our starting RB didn’t have it today. So our head coach did the smart thing and gave the rookie RB an opportunity. Mixon 8 carries 16 yards. Chase Brown ………. nothing

Zac you are bad. Wtf man
Reply/Quote
I remember when we drafted Brown people were talking about how much he'd help this year.
Reply/Quote
did chase B get a single snap today, why not? how come nobody asks Zachary Taylor this?
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 09:21 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Our starting RB didn’t have it today. So our head coach did the smart thing and gave the rookie RB an opportunity. Mixon 8 carries 16 yards. Chase Brown ………. nothing

Zac you are bad. Wtf man

Yeah, we should give the kid who had 69 yards on 29 carries in the preseason touches.  That'll fix the issues.  He barely averaged 2 yards a carry against PS guys in preseason, but maybe against a likely playoff team's starters in the regular season, it'll be different.

I will never understand why folks on this board will give up on a Day 1 or 2 OL or DL in less than half a season, but will cling to hope for a Day 3 RB or WR for years.  
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 08:44 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Zac or mixon whose fault

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38987164/zac-taylor-defends-joe-mixon-rb-rushes-16-yards

The O line. It’s still trash and can’t open holes.
Zac can’t scheme around the deficiencies and Mixon is a step slow. This all adds up to what we saw today. Need to fix the O line first then go from there.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 09:24 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I remember when we drafted Brown people were talking about how much he'd help this year.

I liked him as a Day 3 draft prospect, but the kid is just that, a Day 3 draft prospect.  You never heard anything about him in TC reports and he sucked in preseason, so I have no idea why people think he's earned playing time.  
Reply/Quote
It’s the inept offensive line. Not even Jim Brown, Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, or Derrick Henry would succeed behind these overrated linemen. They too would get stuffed like a Thanksgiving turkey.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 09:32 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: did chase B get a single snap today, why not? how come nobody asks Zachary Taylor this?

Why would they?  We ran less than 40 plays on offense today and none of them were with the game out of reach for either team.  
Reply/Quote
It's really difficult to run from the shotgun instead of under center. Can't build up momentum.

Please draft a strong, fast game-changing edge rusher in the first and then 6 straight O Lineman.

In football, one way or another, games are always won or lost in the trenches.
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 09:32 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: did chase B get a single snap today, why not? how come nobody asks Zachary Taylor this?

No. 0. Jones and Yoshi got very few too. One played 4.

That's our speed.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 09:40 PM)Whatever Wrote: I liked him as a Day 3 draft prospect, but the kid is just that, a Day 3 draft prospect.  You never heard anything about him in TC reports and he sucked in preseason, so I have no idea why people think he's earned playing time.  

At draft time, some act like we got 7 stars.
Reply/Quote