Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Blaming Nuge for this loss
(10-30-2016, 03:30 PM)Fresno B Wrote: And the last time he was in we had a 10 point lead.

And?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Marvin should try coaching to win by going for 2 rather than keeping it safe and playing not to lose.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:51 PM)michaelsean Wrote: And?

It's okay. I think Dalton pissed in his Wheaties. He has a never ending vendetta against him. He does not watch anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Nope sorry Nugent is garbage and needs to be cut
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:51 PM)michaelsean Wrote: And?

How can he be blamed for the loss/tie? Makes no sense.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:49 PM)Fresno B Wrote: So removing false blame is baiting? Ok. I'll make sure I never do that again. :andy:

Who lost the game then? Quit leaving us in suspense.

Reply/Quote
I suppose Washington's kicker didn't blow it, either.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:53 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: It's okay. I think Dalton pissed in his Wheaties. He has a never ending vendetta against him. He does not watch anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What does this have to do about Dalton? 
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:12 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Is the most ridiculous thing possible. His missed kicks were well before we had the lead. Can you please explain what I'm missing?

Wow. Why is there a whole thread for your stupidity?
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:54 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Who lost the game then? Quit leaving us in suspense.

Dude, you have your own opinions. Why does it matter? I'm trying to find where the misguided blame is for. I watched the whole game and was pissed a hell when Nuge missed his kicks. But that seemed distant once we had the lead.
Reply/Quote
It happened during the game, it's not distant.

It's expected kickers make their XP. It's hopeful for everything else. Nugent was the first to complain that they moved the kicks back, and we see why, lol.

It's expected Nugent make his XP, he did not. We tied, we lost because of him.

4 missed kicks in 2 games, 3 FGs and 1XP. Why do you want to keep him? How many kicks does he need to miss before your blurry eyes have a different opinion?
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:57 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Wow. Why is there a whole thread for your stupidity?

Why do you always have to start name calling? Why? Seriously? 
Reply/Quote
Yes, seriously. I remembe rwhen we had neg reps dude, you were at -500. So stay on topic.

He's missed 4 kicks in 2 games. How many kicks does he have to miss for you to think he's not good? 5 in 2 games? How about 10 in a row? You have no metric.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 04:02 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Yes, seriously. I remembe rwhen we had neg reps dude, you were at -500. So stay on topic.

He's missed 4 kicks in 2 games. How many kicks does he have to miss for you to think he's not good? 5 in 2 games? How about 10 in a row? You have no metric.

You were the main 1 giving me neg rep. Now that it doesn't exist you're contained to just your usual trolling and name calling.
Reply/Quote
Okay, look, was Nugent THE reason we didn't win? No. But he was no doubt one of the biggest reasons. He has one job. Dalton didn't play well at all but he still has to deal with pressure, reading coverages and all that. The guys on defense have to play a whole lot better but they are out there for a full game with all of them having many different assignments.

A kicker has literally one job. Kick the ball through the uprights. He didn't get it done today in a game that ended in a tie. Missed two kicks with one of them being an extra point. His mistakes are much more glaring and, imo, impactful due to the singularity of his job. A job he has not done well at all so far this season, and even more specifically, today.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:54 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I suppose Washington's kicker didn't blow it, either.

No. He blew it.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 04:10 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Okay, look, was Nugent THE reason we didn't win?  No.  But he was no doubt one of the biggest reasons.  He has one job.  Dalton didn't play well at all but he still has to deal with pressure,  reading coverages and all that.  The guys on defense have to play a whole lot better but they are out there for a full game with all of them having many different assignments.

A kicker has literally one job.  Kick the ball through the uprights.  He didn't get it done today in a game that ended in a tie.  Missed two kicks with one of them being an extra point.  His mistakes are much more glaring and, imo, impactful due to the singularity of his job.  A job he has not done well at all so far this season, and even more specifically, today.

Redskins kicker blew it. Nuge just had a bad day.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 04:11 PM)Fresno B Wrote: No. He blew it.

Ok, so how did he blow it and Nugent didn't?
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 04:12 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Redskins kicker blew it. Nuge just had a bad day.

If that's how you see it, that's fine.  But for me, I don't think he's a good kicker, and I do believe he had a HUGE part in costing us an important win.  I also believe he is not going to get better.  We need an upgrade.  Who would that be?  I don't know, but I don't think it would be too difficult to find a kicker more reliable than Mike Nugent.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 04:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ok, so how did he blow it and Nugent didn't?

Because he could have ended the game. Thats how. Nuge never had the game in his hands. You owe me a rep point.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote