Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Blaming Nuge for this loss
Another analogy, if we're up 9-7. and instead of kneeling out the clock, we run a play and fumble. The other team kicks a FG and wins. 

Why do you go back to the 1st quarter and blame AJ green's drop? You kneel the effing ball. You make the Xp.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 09:19 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: We should blame Alex Erickson for not running back a TD every time.

This loss was on Michael Nugent, he's done it before, and he'll do it again.

I guess you didn't actually read my post. I'm not defending Nugent at all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Sorry, didn't mean to quote the whole thing just a snippet of your quote. But yeah I get it. The argument now is "who else is better?". My argument is he's gone now or later, he's earmarked for release. I think there are more of us on that side. If we made the playoffs this year I'd have no confidence in him. 

We cna pick on every bad play in a game and also blame everyone for not making a play (i.e. the erickson analogy). Nugent is an obvious sore point and ranks very high on the "game loss" blame scale. 

Just as we say the FG Kicker "won the game for us" if he nails a FG at the end of the game, he can also lose it. Nuge lost it.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 09:25 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Sorry, didn't mean to quote the whole thing just a snippet of your quote. But yeah I get it. The argument now is "who else is better?". My argument is he's gone now or later, he's earmarked for release. I think there are more of us on that side. If we made the playoffs this year I'd have no confidence in him. 

We cna pick on every bad play in a game and also blame everyone for not making a play (i.e. the erickson analogy). Nugent is an obvious sore point and ranks very high on the "game loss" blame scale. 

Just as we say the FG Kicker "won the game for us" if he nails a FG at the end of the game, he can also lose it. Nuge lost it.

I'm all for a new kicker as long as whoever it is turns out to be an upgrade.

I was all for a new return guy and with the exception of today's one kickoff return Erickson has not been an upgrade.

Reply/Quote
You have a whole team of football players playing like crap so blaming one guy for the tie is just short-sighted. If we go out and replace Nugent tomorrow with the best kicker available we're still giving up 500+ passing yards and getting no pressure on the QB. Sure he can be upgraded but hearing how enraged people are over the kicker is like getting upset that your drink doesn't have enough ice while your main course is burnt. LOL
Reply/Quote
That's true, we have a ton of problems. There were games this year where there was not a single good player/play on the field.
Reply/Quote
Bet Nugent would even blame himself.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
"Sorry...  I was eating a Milky Way... "

[Image: th?id=OIP.Ma418afaf12a06db31c538a39de7fe...=230&h=154]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 09:12 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Once again, Nugent is paid to make make XPs. You EXPECT him to make XPs. His expectancy to make XPs is say higher than expecting Dalton throw TDs. Is higher than expecting Geno Atkins to get a sack. It's probably even higher than AJ Green making a single catch all game.

If Nugent was expected to make 1 out of 100 XPs, then we have nothing to say. But no, he's not.

I'm not sure why this concept is to tough to understand. Nugent lost that game. Other people helped, nobody ever plays a perfect game. Just like HILL lost the playoff game, instead - blame Burfict and Adam Jones.

It's hard to argue with tihck skulls (fresno B). This thread is a waste of time. Nugent should be fired, now, or later. He's going to do this in a playoff game and you'll have more excuses that it was Dalton's fault for holding the ball too long.

Here's how I hear Fresno's argument. Nugent is a flat tire and someone blames that the car is low on fuel so it just needs to be filled up and everything is OK. It makes no sense. Nugent is not low on air, he is flat. The red light on your dashboard, not yellow.

Yes, you can blame kickers for a loss, and Nugent will kill you in the playoffs. Not me, I've already disowned him. Doesn't matter much in a non playoff year.
I'm usually not a spell checker, but when trying to rag on someone,  PLEASE spell correctly. I don't know what a tihck skull is. Plain stupidity. 
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 11:01 PM)Fresno B Wrote: I'm usually not a spell checker, but when trying to rag on someone,  PLEASE spell correctly. I don't know what a tihck skull is. Plain stupidity. 

You know someone has lost an argument when they resort to attacking spelling or grammar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 11:27 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: You know someone has lost an argument when they resort to attacking spelling or grammar.

Rubekahn or rueben.ahmed same person
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 11:01 PM)Fresno B Wrote: I'm usually not a spell checker, but when trying to rag on someone,  PLEASE spell correctly. I don't know what a tihck skull is. Plain stupidity. 

That's called a tpyo. Easy to do. Epsecially if you arr typnig on. phoen.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 11:39 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Rubekahn or rueben.ahmed same person

We are?

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:15 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Missed PAT was the difference. That can't happen unless they are playing in a hurricane.

(10-30-2016, 03:17 PM)86AD Wrote: Mike Pungent just ain't getting it done. Bellichick would've sent him packing a long time ago, Marvin is an idiot.

The patriot's kicker has missed several extra points this season....and is still around.

(10-30-2016, 03:19 PM)Codyc99 Wrote: He makes that PAT and there is not OT. Simple as that.

We scored two more TDs after Nugent missed the PAT. On either one of those we could have gone for a two point conversion, but didnt. The last time Nugent missed a PAT was the first game last season. You know why nobody remembers that? Because we won that game. Averaging one missed PAT per season is more than acceptable. And just like the frst game last year, we still had plenty of chances to win this game after the miss. It's more on the defense as a unit than on Nugent. You score 27 on the redskins, they should not put up 27 on us.
Reply/Quote
I don't think enough understand how badly select groups (let alone positions) played. Xpts are basically the same as the one the Redskins kicker missed. If the long kick were shorter I'd have a bigger issue. I'm not sure why there are so many with pitchforks for Mike instead of just being content the team was gifted a tie after they deserved a loss. Lets keep our trash off Mike's lawn this week.
Reply/Quote
On the bright side he isnt the worst kicker in the league. There are a few with a worse FG % than him.

I could see if this was something new. But its not. Zero clutchness from our kicker hurts. And every FG is a painfully tense situation when it is Nugent kicking.

He alone took 4 points off the scoreboard in a tie game. His psyche is broken. And continuing to rely on him is crazy.
Reply/Quote
Didn't he cost us against panthers few years ago that resulted in a tie?

Reply/Quote
As long as we keep giving up 500+ yards Nugent may as well miss every FG and XP. Hell, Dalton may as well throw an INT on every offensive series! What else can we toss down the drain until the defense stops sucking?
Reply/Quote
You cannot be serious with this thread, must be a blind Ohio state Homer or maybe Mike nugents family, or maybe marvin lewis
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 06:37 PM)grampahol Wrote: I changed my mind .  i blame the no smoking campaigns and alcoholics anonymous . if Nuge were allowed to have a cigarette and shot of bourbon before kicks he'd never miss ..

hahahaha props to any kicker that smokes on the sidelines.... 
Reply/Quote