Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor
(10-01-2019, 11:39 AM)Au165 Wrote: This is a post of cliches. We have demanded competition no matter the age or draft position and we got it. Jordan won and now we act like Price, who lost out on his natural center sport, was some super star on the bench. The "Knew what we were calling" and "Predictable" comments are fan talk for something didn't work and I don't understand football enough to explain why so they most have been so predictable they just stopped it. 

I can argue that their are serious flaws in the offensive scheme, as I have for weeks, but it's not a case of being predictable it's about not stringing together a complete plan that builds on itself. 

You don't think Price played better than MJ last week? how many screens did we run that Steelers were all over.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 11:39 AM)Au165 Wrote: This is a post of cliches. We have demanded competition no matter the age or draft position and we got it. Jordan won and now we act like Price, who lost out on his natural center sport, was some super star on the bench. The "Knew what we were calling" and "Predictable" comments are fan talk for something didn't work and I don't understand football enough to explain why so they most have been so predictable they just stopped it. 

I can argue that their are serious flaws in the offensive scheme, as I have for weeks, but it's not a case of being predictable it's about not stringing together a complete plan that builds on itself. 
What happened differently when the QB was under pressure? One QB sidestepped the rush and the other stayed put until the pocket collapsed around him. Dalton can't move around in the pocket which is needed with a poor o-line. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 11:47 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: You don't think Price played better than MJ last week? how many screens did we run that Steelers were all over
Screens were going to both sides, to attribute that to Jordan is no really correct. The other issue with the screens were that on 3rd and long (15+) it's one of the first reads for a LB and Bush was on that check quick. My other issue with the screens was that Dalton was lofting the ball like a jump shot rather than passing this. What that does is force Mixon to slow his momentum or even stop it which kills screens. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 11:49 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: What happened differently when the QB was under pressure? One QB sidestepped the rush and the other stayed put until the pocket collapsed around him. Dalton can't move around in the pocket which is needed with a poor o-line. 

If you can’t block, you must keep moving the pocket for the QB. But Dalton is not the guy for that, he’s a statue back there. Everyone knows where he going to setup, so the defense meets at the QB every time. Need a mobile QB.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 11:49 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: What happened differently when the QB was under pressure? One QB sidestepped the rush and the other stayed put until the pocket collapsed around him. Dalton can't move around in the pocket which is needed with a poor o-line. 

All pressures aren't created equal. If you look at the way the pocket was collapsing it was a complete meltdown. Multiple times the interior was ending up in his lap while the edges were crashing in. Our rush on the ends was being kicked wide (which you should do)  which gave Rudolph a place to step in to. The big difference is that even when their tackles were getting beat they got beat in a way that gave their QB a chance, ours just got dominated. 

That doesn't say all 8 sacks weren't Dalton's fault. I had two of the sacks on Dalton last night, but 6 by the O line is still far too many.
Reply/Quote
The oline was bad Dalton didn't help. who was the worst offensive lineman? MJ he was getting beat on 80 percent of the plays last night. Andre was garbage as well dont get me wrong. Andre actually appeared competent occasionally. Jordan is in the Obueghui Fisher quality of lineman. At least he's only a 4th round pick wasted.
Reply/Quote
Quote from Zac Taylor/Hostage # 1

Quote:We’ve got the guys on this team. We just have to get our minds and have the attention to detail and all the things you need to have. This is a big week for us.

"We've got the guys on this team."

0-4
Can't score touchdowns
Can't protect the QB
Can't run the ball
Can't tackle
Can't cover the middle of the field

But we've got the guys.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
We finally get to play a Steelers team without Ben/AB/Bell that is almost certainly the most talent poor team they've put on the field in the past 30 years and how do we respond? We march in there and take the most one-sided beatdown the Steelers have given us in over a decade.

I guess we have 2 encouraging losses and 2 discouraging losses now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hue Jackson walks into a bar. Dave Shula comes in and says hold my beer! In walks Zac Taylor he says Dave would you please hold my beer!
Reply/Quote