Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bobby Hart Contract Numbers
If the incentives are things like making the Pro Bowl then I have no problem. I'd love for him to play that well so we can pay him the bonus.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 01:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If the incentives are things like making the Pro Bowl then I have no problem.  I'd love for him to play that well so we can pay him the bonus.

yeah not sure how it works, but I would think it would mainly be his numbers in pass pressures and sacks allowed while also factoring in penalties.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Not a good sign when the best part of your biggest free agent signing is you can release him after 1 year and only take a couple million dollar cap hit.
Reply/Quote
This is interesting especially when you consider that AJ Cann is an Alex Redmond level guard. Puts the tackle market more in perspective

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 02:35 PM)pally Wrote: This is interesting especially when you consider that AJ Cann is an Alex Redmond level guard.  Puts the tackle market more in perspective

Cann graded out at 60.6 last year.  Redmond 56.4.

Not too far apart, but Cann is definitely better.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 01:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Dalton has them for playoff wins.

eifert had them for playing time... They are used all the time.

Only down side is you have to keep that $ available in the case they earn it... but if they don't it rolls over.

This^

And the downside I think can be overlooked by many fans. The bengals will keep whatever his max cap hit for each year meaning even if he doesn’t reach those he is still hindering the amount of money available to spend this season. So- not only would he not be living up to expectations/goals, he’s also preventing that excess money from being spent elsewhere to improve the team around him further hurting the team in that season.

The money will roll over to the next season if he doesn’t meet requirements (yay? I guess) but we’ve seen time and again how the bengals will handle any rollover.

I like the performance based pay in situations. I liked it with Eifert even though he really hinders us when he inevitably gets hurt, and we didn’t use the money to bring in a TE who can stay healthy, but not a huge fan of it in this case. The difference is, when Eifert is playing he makes the team better. I don’t feel Hart does the same
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 02:41 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: The money will roll over to the next season if he doesn’t meet requirements (yay? I guess) but we’ve seen time and again how the bengals will handle any rollover. 

Exactly.  We have seen them spend OVER the league cap because they had rolled over money from the previous year.

A;ways nice to be able to spend more than other teams in the league.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 02:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Cann graded out at 60.6 last year.  Redmond 56.4.

Not too far apart, but Cann is definitely better.

Right because 4 points difference in a subjective, flawed rating system equals "definite".

LOL
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 02:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Exactly.  We have seen them spend OVER the league cap because they had rolled over money from the previous year.

A;ways nice to be able to spend more than other teams in the league.

Yep, frontloading a couple of contracts and then the following seasons when they have room to spend they come up win countless excuses not to better the team. Then before you know it you’ve wasted 8 years of AJ/Geno/Dunlap/etc without ever really going all in to improve the team and actually make a run past the WC round.

More worried about saving some headaches in the future than actually winning now.
Reply/Quote
We had to have someone at RT to fall back on if we don't get a good one in the draft. Plus this is team friendly and it could be worse they could have resigned Ced.
Reply/Quote
1yr/$anything is already too much for Bobby Hart.

It is not just the money that was atrocious with the signing (which it still is), it was the fact that we are guaranteed that Hart is the starter in 2019. It is basically ignoring that the OL has been a dumpster fire the last few years by keeping it together and hoping Dalton learns how to play while being murdered/running for his life.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 03:08 PM)mon4078 Wrote: We had to have someone at RT to fall back on if we don't get a good one in the draft. Plus this is team friendly and it could be worse they could have resigned Ced.

There is no such thing as a contract paying one of the worst OL in the league $5-7m being team friendly.

You can literally find random other players in the 7th/UDFA who can also give you 10 sacks allowed/11 penalty seasons, but for league minimum.

Reply/Quote
Not the worst, but not exactly what I wanted. I was hoping they would let him go, spend the money elsewhere. A low end draft pick would probably be a cheaper and better talent than what we have seen with Hart.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 03:06 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Yep, frontloading a couple of contracts and then the following seasons when they have room to spend they come up win countless excuses not to better the team. Then before you know it you’ve wasted 8 years of AJ/Geno/Dunlap/etc without ever really going all in to improve the team and actually make a run past the WC round.

More worried about saving some headaches in the future than actually winning now.

So spending OVER the league salary cap means they don't want to win now?

It is amazing the mental gymnastics some fans will go through just to shit on their own team.

"Damn Bengals, Spending over the league salary cap instead of trying to win!"
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 03:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So spending OVER the league salary cap means they don't want to win now?

It is amazing the mental gymnastics some fans will go through just to shit on their own team.

"Damn Bengals, Spending over the league salary cap instead of trying to win!"

At least they took a break from shitting on Dalton.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
I think what got people ticked about the Hart signing is the whole part about rewarding abject failure. He is the worst RT in football and got a multiyear deal. Really we could have done as well or better with lower round draft picks.

Brown you'll note is not drawing the same ire, probably because many recognize he at least is a competent LB who got sidetracked by injury.
Reply/Quote
The guy is still a generic backup at best and shouldn’t be in the NFL at worst. This is the current starter and awesome backup plan. It was just brilliant to lock him up at that cheap price before another team stole him for double that amount. Moves like these are what wins someone GM of the year.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 03:15 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 1yr/$anything is already too much for Bobby Hart.

It is not just the money that was atrocious with the signing (which it still is), it was the fact that we are guaranteed that Hart is the starter in 2019. It is basically ignoring that the OL has been a dumpster fire the last few years by keeping it together and hoping Dalton learns how to play while being murdered/running for his life.

You gotta admit, he's getting better at that...... LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 06:38 PM)Wyche Wrote: You gotta admit, he's getting better at that...... LMAO

Years of practice now.

[Image: 636149122527390335-AndySack1.jpeg]

Reply/Quote
When folks were busting a spring. I said hate our FO all you want, but they're pretty savvy when it comes to this contract stuff
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote