Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bobby Hart Contract Numbers
Daryll Williams just signed a 6 million one year deal. Yikes. He might be the best tackle out there.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 07:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: When folks were busting a spring. I said hate our FO all you want, but they're pretty savvy when it comes to this contract stuff

Yeah they are great at spending but not on the right players. Brown got a three million raise(75%) and Hart got a six million raise(700%). The FO is full of idiots. Both players under achieved to put it mildly. Is it any wonder the Bengals organization is the laughing stock of the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 07:41 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Yeah they are great at spending but not on the right players. Brown got a three million raise(75%) and Hart got a six million raise(700%). The FO is full of idiots. Both players under achieved to put it mildly. Is it any wonder the Bengals organization is the laughing stock of the NFL.

$6 million raise? You did actually read the contract details, right? It's not like that's what this whole thread is about or anything...
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 08:26 PM)NKURyan Wrote: $6 million raise? You did actually read the contract details, right? It's not like that's what this whole thread is about or anything...

Bengals are the best can’t do no wrong why question what they are doing. Bengals Rock !!
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 08:33 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Bengals are the best can’t do no wrong why question what they are doing.  Bengals Rock !!

The Bengals could go 3-13 every year and a certain portion of the fanbase will be excited about the following year.

6-10 and 7-9 and 6-9-1 seasons are nothing to this group.

Haven't you heard? We made the playoffs 5 years in a row. Model model!
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 08:33 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Bengals are the best can’t do no wrong why question what they are doing.  Bengals Rock !!

So no, you didn't. Nice work.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 08:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Bengals could go 3-13 every year and a certain portion of the fanbase will be excited about the following year.

Although I likes the Taylor signing it’s been down hill ever since. People were talking we are making the playoffs only reason we didn’t it this year because of injuries. Keep in mind every team has injuries n healthy Bengals team got shredded by the Chiefs. We can still add some players like Zach Brown n Danny Shelton but we won’t. We will sign the table scraps like every year.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 08:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Bengals could go 3-13 every year and a certain portion of the fanbase will be excited about the following year.

The Bengals haven't gone close to 3-13 in a decade. And yeah, I can deal with 3 whole down seasons without forgetting the successes they've had over the previous 11, when the front office that you just *love* to whine and cry and moan about incessantly built two completely different playoff rosters (Palmer's team and Dalton's team) from scratch, which you want to completely pretend never happened because, I don't know, Mike Brown pissed in your Cheerios or something.

You can act all high and mighty all you want, but is there anything more pathetic than a self-loathing fan such as yourself? How weak and hesitant do you have to be to stick with something that clearly causes you so much pain and anguish, especially when you not only stick with them but continually take valuable time out of your day in management to come make post after post after post crying about it? Sack up and move on if it's not working for you... or just keep sobbing publicly about it and see how that works for you.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 08:47 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Although I likes the Taylor signing it’s been down hill ever since.  People were talking we are making the playoffs only reason we didn’t it this year because of injuries.  Keep in mind every team has injuries n healthy Bengals team got shredded by the Chiefs.  We can still add some players like Zach Brown n Danny Shelton but we won’t.    We will sign the table scraps like every year.

The thing is we're not 1 or 2 starters away. We're 5 or 6.

I would rather go for 2 quality guys in free agency than backups or bad starters.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 01:10 PM)Okeana Wrote: Sorry

https://overthecap.com/player/bobby-hart/4074/

" Bobby Hart signed a three year, $16.15 million contract with the Bengals. Hart received $5.5 million in guarantees which includes a $3 million signing bonus. $500,000 per year is tied toward per game bonuses. There are an additional $5 million in incentives based on performance."
Pretty spot on. Good research. Credit where it's due.
(03-13-2019, 01:17 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: looks like a great contract with the details released   on the teams side...   Mostly incentive base and we can cut bait with little loss next year if we choose.
I rarely agree with him, but in this case he's solid on his assessment. 
Reply/Quote
Best part of our free agent signing is we can release him after 1 year. Yay!!!

Buy your season tickets fans!
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 08:26 PM)NKURyan Wrote: $6 million raise? You did actually read the contract details, right? It's not like that's what this whole thread is about or anything...

You need to get your info from someone other than your buddy Fred. One million last year and seven million in 2019. Seven minus one is six everywhere except Ky I guess.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 01:27 PM)Okeana Wrote: yeah not sure how it works, but I would think it would mainly be his numbers in pass pressures and sacks allowed while also factoring in penalties.  

If this is the case, I think we made a good deal. Dancing

Some players need the carrot to get them playing better.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 09:23 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: You need to get your info from someone other than your buddy Fred. One million last year and seven million in 2019. Seven minus one is six everywhere except Ky I guess.

Like here? https://overthecap.com/player/bobby-hart/4074/

Sweet Kentucky burn, though. What are you, 12?
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 09:44 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Like here? https://overthecap.com/player/bobby-hart/4074/

The only thing more annoying that UK Basketball fans are, wait..  Even UNC fans are less annoying than UK fans, at least they don't gather to worship in an arena named after Adolf..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 11:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The only thing more annoying that UK Basketball fans are, wait..  Even UNC fans are less annoying than UK fans, at least they don't gather to worship in an arena named after Adolf..

Um, no arguments here? I hate the Wildcats lol.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 08:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The thing is we're not 1 or 2 starters away. We're 5 or 6.

I would rather go for 2 quality guys in free agency than backups or bad starters.

So maybe that means this isn't yet the time to go heavy in FA.  Maybe make a trade, use the draft and then next year is the year to fill in the last piece or two.  I'm just spitballing but isn't that what we're all doing? That's kinda what Marvin did, isn't it?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 11:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The only thing more annoying that UK Basketball fans are, wait..  Even UNC fans are less annoying than UK fans, at least they don't gather to worship in an arena named after Adolf..

The whole reason I root for Louisville in bball.....and I don't even like the sport. Mellow

They remind me a lot of OSU football fans. Mellow Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 09:44 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Like here? https://overthecap.com/player/bobby-hart/4074/

Either 12 or illiterate! LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 12:12 AM)McC Wrote: So maybe that means this isn't yet the time to go heavy in FA.  Maybe make a trade, use the draft and then next year is the year to fill in the last piece or two.  I'm just spitballing but isn't that what we're all doing?   That's kinda what Marvin did, isn't it?

I'm not saying we need to be dishing out $32 million guaranteed for any player.

This John Miller Guard from the Bills would be a decent upgrade at Guard. Sign a guy like that. Plus, he's only 25. If he costs $6-7 million a year, do it.

Sign 2-3 guys like that.

Then, you have 2 above average to good Guards surrounding Price. Maybe that makes Price development a little easier? Maybe that helps Glenn?
Reply/Quote