I'm really hoping to hear one of the following scenarios on draft day:
1) Devin White/Bush, LB
2) Dalton Risner, OL

or...
1) Jonah Williams/Cody Ford, OL
2) Mack Wilson, LB

I like the above scenarios because:
- Obviously the Bengals will need someone to groom for Burfict
- All three of the above mentioned OL can play multiple positions, which would still give them a starting position if Hart actually pans out. And all three could play RT if Hart ends up not.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 01:02 PM)NKURyan Wrote: You mean to say people were overreacting here? NO WAY.

It's annoying. The crying should get its own forum, so level-headed people can use the forum too.  I have already abandoned the forums after loses because I think half of the posts are made by upset drunk fans.  And now pre-season is mostly doom and gloom.

Some of you pass along some awesome information and I learn a lot in these forums. But it is getting hard to sift through all the BS.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 10:01 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm really hoping to hear one of the following scenarios on draft day:
1) Devin White/Bush, LB
2) Dalton Risner, OL

or...
1) Jonah Williams/Cody Ford, OL
2) Mack Wilson, LB

I like the above scenarios because:
- Obviously the Bengals will need someone to groom for Burfict
- All three of the above mentioned OL can play multiple positions, which would still give them a starting position if Hart actually pans out. And all three could play RT if Hart ends up not.

This is EXACTLY what I am hoping for. There seems to be some OL depth in this draft. I wouldn't mind going LB, OL, OL. I would be SUPER EXCITED to trade up for 2 second round OL picks.

I see ppl thinking we will take a TE. The RAMS TE block.  We have Uzomah who can block.  The tackles, which include Hart will have outside help because the TEs block. 
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 09:50 AM)Wyche Wrote: Either 12 or illiterate! LMAO

I mean if even me and my Kentucky edu-ma-cation can make out the words and numbers, I don't know what his excuse is.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 11:52 AM)NKURyan Wrote: I mean if even me and my Kentucky edu-ma-cation can make out the words and numbers, I don't know what his excuse is.

Right?  I got me one of them Kentucky edgycayshuns too.....and I could read it. LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
ANY contract signed with Hart is a bad contract, he is not even good enough to be a backup on a good OL. Just because the team is thin at the position does not mean you sign the same guy that helped make it thin. Both dumb and lazy.

And the contract has incentives which Mikey can now reserve the cap space for 'in case he has to pay them' but he never will because Hart bags. So we will likely never pay the full amount but the cap space will be reserved for it, just in case. This is such a typical Mikey move.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 12:04 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: ANY contract signed with Hart is a bad contract, he is not even good enough to be a backup on a good OL. Just because the team is thin at the position does not mean you sign the same guy that helped make it thin. Both dumb and lazy.

And the contract has incentives which Mikey can now reserve the cap space for 'in case he has to pay them' but he never will because Hart bags. So we will likely never pay the full amount but the cap space will be reserved for it, just in case. This is such a typical Mikey move.

Agree 100%
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 08:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Bengals could go 3-13 every year and a certain portion of the fanbase will be excited about the following year.

6-10 and 7-9 and 6-9-1 seasons are nothing to this group.

Haven't you heard? We made the playoffs 5 years in a row. Model model!

Okay, so are the Bengals the worst team in the league?

Are they a "laughingstock"?

No one here is satisfied with not winning playoff games.  No one here is fine with 6 wins.  But the people who claim we are "the worst" or a "laughingstock" are just wrong.

Do you agree or not?  You just seem to be set on insulting any fans who are positive without giving your own opinion.  I'd like to know what you really think.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 10:31 AM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: It's annoying. The crying should get its own forum, so level-headed people can use the forum too.  I have already abandoned the forums after loses because I think half of the posts are made by upset drunk fans.  And now pre-season is mostly doom and gloom.

Some of you pass along some awesome information and I learn a lot in these forums. But it is getting hard to sift through all the BS.

Can there be a complaining about complaining forum too?
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 01:07 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Can there be a complaining about complaining forum too?

No need.  If you have your own forum then none of us will have anything to complain about.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 01:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If the incentives are things like making the Pro Bowl then I have no problem.  I'd love for him to play that well so we can pay him the bonus.

What? You mean you're NOT of of those guys who openly roots for players to fail then say you're the biggest Bengals fan ever? I always hope that even the worst player on the team has the greatest season ever at their position.. Then again I'm weird that way.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I'm pretty sure the domain name pointlesscomplaining.com is available.. and hey, with enough pointless complainers logging in you might be able to make it profitable with enough google ads and associated apparel made available for purchase for a limited time.. Heck, you might make enough money to buy your own NFL franchise to name the Pointless Compainers. That's a name that would go over big on Super Bowl Sundays even if it would be tough to fit on the side of a helmet.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 01:36 PM)grampahol Wrote: What? You mean you're NOT of of those guys who openly roots for players to fail then say you're the biggest Bengals fan ever? I always hope that even the worst player on the team has the greatest season ever at their position.. Then again I'm weird that way.. 

But then they can't brag about how right they were! And that's way more important than actually hoping for the best!
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 09:54 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm not saying we need to be dishing out $32 million guaranteed for any player.

This John Miller Guard from the Bills would be a decent upgrade at Guard. Sign a guy like that. Plus, he's only 25. If he costs $6-7 million a year, do it.

Sign 2-3 guys like that.

Then, you have 2 above average to good Guards surrounding Price. Maybe that makes Price development a little easier? Maybe that helps Glenn?

I agree.  Those kind of things can still happen.  Am I right in remembering Marvin got more active in year 2? 

Even if so, there is the matter of the aging core and maybe not having a year to spare, so it's likely the same scenario can't really apply.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 02:13 PM)grampahol Wrote: I'm pretty sure the domain name pointlesscomplaining.com is available.. and hey, with enough pointless complainers logging in you might be able to make it profitable with enough google ads and associated apparel made available for purchase for a limited time.. Heck, you might make enough money to buy your own NFL franchise to name the Pointless Compainers. That's a name that would go over big on Super Bowl Sundays even if it would be tough to fit on the side of a helmet.. 
RAHRAHRAHRAHRAHNOMATTERWHAT.COM is still available for people who accept losing. Why can't you scroll by posters who post things you don't like and just allow others to post their thoughts without calling them out? Basically you are complaining about other fans who are posting on a forum that is designed to encourage conversation between fans. 
Reply/Quote